Make Skeletons in the Closet Optional Loot Purchasable with Runes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guntango

It certainly looks like plenty of people have been suggesting this. Sadly, it's looking more and more likely future raids are heading towards this new system (i.e. having optional loot that is not purchasable via raid runes). I suspect it's a financial decision, perhaps to boost sales of 'Wish of Inheritance' and Raid Timer bypasses? Who knows.

It is rather sad to see raids return to how they used to be prior to the rune system: it was such a nice addition to the game.

As others suggested here, I also agree that a separate rune system could work really well, and have made that suggestion too:
Skelly-raid-rune-suggestion.jpg

Hopefully they will re-consider this decision at some point.
Your prices are too high. If you’re unlucky enough not to pull what you’re looking for in 20 R1 raid completions, you should be able to buy it with 2500 runes. If you’re looking for multiple items, the idea of running the raid 40 or 50 times on R1 is a bit of a slog.

For the devs to actually publish that they won’t be considering the purchase of optional chest items with runes is exactly how deaf they are, not only to the 17 year history of the game, but to the people who still, miraculously, continue to pay their salaries.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
The raid has been out long enough, and the secret optional has been discovered. Its about time we can purchase the optional chest items with runes - even if it costs 2,500 runes for one item like the greater feytwisted items from Dryad.
Great idea! The 6 secret equippable items and 6 secret raid-exclusive augments will be purchaseable for 2,500 raid runes each in an upcoming patch. Thank you!

Lotoc

Finally going to be able to update my gear set if I get to buy the profane doublestrike augment for dinobone armor, basically have had everything but that singular augment drop.
Really hoping nobody vetoes the change.

Altra

I'm still waiting for a way to get the Quiver of Alacrity that doesn't involve endless (way more than 20 on average) runs of the otherwise completely obsolete Ascension Chamber raid.
Right there with ya, CB

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
Thinking of doing the same.

I haven’t even run the newest content at all, and you know what?

It doesn’t really bother me.

That should tell me something.
Here I am almost 2 months later and I still haven't actually run any of the U62 content. I did talk to the Steps lady, got the book, turned it in to her, and can now see the invisible altar in the upper rafters of the tavern, so there is that...I guess.

:sigh:

Drunken.dx

Great idea! The 6 secret equippable items and 6 secret raid-exclusive augments will be purchaseable for 2,500 raid runes each in an upcoming patch. Thank you!
OK next time some bloke says SSG does not listen they get Archie slap

thanks, now I have initiative to run that raid again

DBZ

Wow great news if this is real did it ever get fixed or is that still upcoming soonish or ever

rabidfox

The People's Champion
On lam right now. Includes the augments too which is awesome. (I didn't screenshot every item/augment as it seemed redundant).
dread_runes_1.jpg

dread_runes_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.