Mapping multiple actions to a single key?

CBDunk

When running with 2+ hirelings it would be very helpful to be able to hit one key to call all of them to my location, plant them in a spot, or switch them from hostile to defensive. I'm aware of the separate 'All Interact' option, but that only covers one action.

The game has separate options for hireling bars 1-5 and actions 1-10 on each, but if you try to map (for example) 'action 3' on each bar to Ctrl-F3 it instead removes that mapping from the previous bar and places it ONLY on the most recently set.

Obviously, I could use multiple similar keymappings (e.g. Ctrl-3, Alt-3, Shft-3, etc), but that eats up alot of keybindings I need for all of my OTHER hotbars and means that you've got to set each hireling to the new state one at a time... which isn't really much easier than clicking the proper icon on each of them.

Anyone know of a workaround for this?

Enoach

The only way I've seen this problem solved was through a Mouse/Keyboard macro such as what is available from Logitech. In this way you would map the keyboard commands such as switch focus to Hire 1, select option, focus to Hire 2... Final command set focus to primary menu bar.

PyrotechRick

I think you will need to map each separately and use a separate program like autohotkey to "press" each button in turn when you press a specific key

CBDunk

Autohotkey did the trick... except that Hireling Bar 5, Slot 4 refuses to trigger.

Even just mapping it to something simple like 'R' (I never use autorun) and hitting it manually failed to trigger. It works if I click the icon directly, but ignores any key mapped to that option. All the other hireling bars/slots work as expected. Presumably a bug in the way the game maps that particular command.

Shouldn't be a problem, as I don't often have five hirelings out at the same time, and the 'Defend' action in slot 4 isn't often as time critical as the others.

PyrotechRick

So it doesn't! I've never noticed that but I've just tested it and it won't work for me either. Maybe bug report it? Glad Autohotkey is working for you though.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Autohotkey did the trick... except that Hireling Bar 5, Slot 4 refuses to trigger.

Even just mapping it to something simple like 'R' (I never use autorun) and hitting it manually failed to trigger. It works if I click the icon directly, but ignores any key mapped to that option. All the other hireling bars/slots work as expected. Presumably a bug in the way the game maps that particular command.

Shouldn't be a problem, as I don't often have five hirelings out at the same time, and the 'Defend' action in slot 4 isn't often as time critical as the others.
Can confirm Hireling Bar 5, Slot 4 is bugged.