Master of Spellvials

WargamerIV

Is there any master list of exactly which spells Master of Spellvials effects? I can't find any "Elemental Obliteration" in the Alchemist spell list. And does "Spellvial" and "Concentrated Vial" include just the spells with Vial in the name, or does it include most everything that doesn't say "multivial" in the name.?

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Is there any master list of exactly which spells Master of Spellvials effects? I can't find any "Elemental Obliteration" in the Alchemist spell list. And does "Spellvial" and "Concentrated Vial" include just the spells with Vial in the name, or does it include most everything that doesn't say "multivial" in the name.?
Master of Spellvials affects all the Elemental Vial spells from the Alchemist Spell List and the Vial SLAs from the Bombardier enhancement tree; that is to say, any spell entitled "Vial of [X]" or "[X] Obliteration".

As I don't own Alchemist, I can't tell you if any of these are also affected:
  • Empty Bottle
  • Greater Venom Vial
  • Bitter Frost Burst/Caustic Solvent/Heartstopper Poison/Molotov Cocktail/Voltaic Induction
  • Multivial of [X]
  • Elemental Combination

WargamerIV

Thanks, I was looking under the Alchemist spells (that they get at each level) and not the Bombardier Enhancements.

popejubal

It effects spells that you aren’t going to want in your attack rotation. Even Elemental Obliteration is not up to par in an Alchemist nuker rotation and the Vial of [element] spells are not even close to decent - even with the feat.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Yeah Elemental Obliteration is mediocre which is disappointing for a T5 ability. I'd only ever consider taking Master of Spellvials on a hardcore toon where mana management is front and center in reaper difficulty. But it's probably better to address mana constraints through Primal Avatar mantle with Ever Green.

Lazuli

Elemental Obliteration is the same damage than a fireball. Sorc has lv 3 spells too as tier 5 SLAs.

Master of Spellvials does not worth imo. In general all those "master of..." are not very desirable. They affect low-level spells that are not usually the most desirable in the normal rotation, even with the increase in max CL. But I suppose there will always be some builds that can take advantage of them.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Elemental Obliteration is the same damage than a fireball. Sorc has lv 3 spells too as tier 5 SLAs.

Master of Spellvials does not worth imo. In general all those "master of..." are not very desirable. They affect low-level spells that are not usually the most desirable in the normal rotation, even with the increase in max CL. But I suppose there will always be some builds that can take advantage of them.
A few of the "Master of X" feats are better than the rest. I can think of four with broader uses:
  • Master of Knowledge doesn't do the "+10 Minimum levels" thing, instead giving you a stacking short-term buff to Spellpower and Crit Damage when you cast the first two Force SLAs from Archmage. You can actually get up to 90 bonus spellpower and +60% Spell Crit Damage this way, although it will eat through your Spell Point reserve fairly quickly.
  • Master of Shadowblades and Master of Thorns both affect SLAs which also have enhancement trees boosting them (Feydark Illusionist and Blightcaster respectively), so the extra minimum levels are more desirable.
  • Master of the Dead is very useful if you're playing a Pale Master, as it gives some considerable buffs to your self-healing spells - especially if you're dipping into the tree for the healing and durability rather than going full Necromancer.