Max XP in Mabar

Tremes

Is there a level cap on Mabar. I ran my level 29 on 37 and got almost 200k. Took my lev 23 on 30 and barely got 30k. is there a formula for it?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Ah, 30k just sounded like you were on repeat (or even a repeat from last year's event if one is running an alt that doesn't ever TR).

Contessor

Yeah should be no penalty on epics. Running 19 and under no matter CR will result in much lower XP. I dont think there is a power level penalty either on epics.

Tremes

You sure that character has TRed (not just ETRed) since last October? Your first-time bonuses dont automatically reset each year.
This was a first life toon, no ETR's yet. and it was a first run through the dungeon

rabidfox

The People's Champion
iirc tomes of learning effect it too. Maybe that + XP pot, but 30k vs 200k is a vast difference (and that's only if one has a tome of learn and one doesn't).

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
37 also gives you the sixth star.

So first time on cr 37, irrelevant of your actual level is the best xp.

erethizon1

The main possible problems is missing a star on the CR 30 run and also running the dungeon 7 levels below max. Your goal should be to be level 20 or higher and to run the dungeon on the maximum CR that exists (currently CR 37). Running a dungeon at CR 30 for the first time is just throwing experience away (though still I would expect more than 30k unless you missed a star or were repeating a dungeon).

Tremes

The main possible problems is missing a star on the CR 30 run and also running the dungeon 7 levels below max. Your goal should be to be level 20 or higher and to run the dungeon on the maximum CR that exists (currently CR 37). Running a dungeon at CR 30 for the first time is just throwing experience away (though still I would expect more than 30k unless you missed a star or were repeating a dungeon).
Ok here is what I was as I did the quest
Lvl 23 sorc first life
greater epic tome
vip bonus
using 30% xp pot
HAVE NEVER RUN THIS TOON IN MABAR BEFORE
Ran the quest 7 lvls above my lvl

here is what you all said
your not running it lvl 37 even tho that would be 14 lvls above what I am on a first life toon. ok, hardly think I could do it
I got max stars so that wasn't the problem

so WHY was the xp so low? I am not expecting 200k, but 80 shouldn't be out of the question

Spook

So XP scales by:
Level
Stars

XP is doubled for Epic characters (level 20+)

To get the max xp you need to be as high a level as possible (definitely 20+) and run level 37 dungeon as that is the only way to get the bonus 6th star.

Lazuli

It just happened to me too. First time here, in a character who has made several TRs this year, level 23 in instance CR 37. All the other challenges ran have given me the correct xp, except one, which has only given me 32K. I have not done all challenges yet with this toon (atm 3 good, 1 bad)

I think it's something related to the lag, or that it doesn't recognize stars, I don't know.... in the same run, my BF got the full xp.

One more bug on the pile.

Lazuli

I update before going to sleep. In the end there were two challenges that were buggy, ringleader and lordsmach (32K and 35K xp, when it was my first run). Yes, I'm sure it was my first run. This toon is my main and I've definitely made several TRs this year. My BF's toon, who I always do TRs with and is the same level as mine, got full xp for the first time in all the challenges. Those two failed for me, the rest worked well.

I had previously played mabar in another toon, a level 26 sorc, also accompanied by my BF (same level as my toon). No problems here, full xp in all challenges for our two characters.

I had previously played mabar on another level 31 toon (a rogue), without my BF. This was a mule, so I'm not sure I would have played mabar other years with It and I definitely haven't TR it this year. All the challenges gave me xp like the first time, except for the two that failed with my main. I'm not sure I haven't played mabar in other years with this toon, but I doubt it since the rest of the challenges gave me full xp.

There is a bug at play.

Last edited:

Cmecu

Is there a level cap on Mabar. I ran my level 29 on 37 and got almost 200k. Took my lev 23 on 30 and barely got 30k. is there a formula for it?

You always run on max cr 37 level for full xp. For mats I think no higher than 5 levels over your current. But ya for full xp, run cr 37, even if your level 21.. just make sure you have a full group. We did it with 4 of us level 21 cr 37 200k xp,, except for the first one on the right.. it gives the least because I guess its a really short quest.

Also if you have a toon that you have no fully reincarnated from last year then it will not count as first time xp. I found this out when I wiped the dust off a toon I hadnt played since last night revels.

WargamerIV

Was anyone else in your party? If you have anyone else who in your party who is a higher level than you (especially if they are 4 or more levels higher) it may reduce the XP you get. If they are 3 levels higher or less, then the XP will be based on their level.

Lazuli

Please read before write. No power lever in those runs. First time for sure: my main have done several archetype lives this year and Tremas said first time too.

It is a bug.

Tremes

Please read before write. No power lever in those runs. First time for sure: my main have done several archetype lives this year and Tremas said first time too.

It is a bug.
I have gave up on trying to explain it as alot on here either don't read what I wrote, or just ignore what I wrote. But I do want to thank you for trying to explain it to them.