Memorial ribbons and shard prices

rabidfox

The People's Champion
These shard exchanges listings for an item that once had 10 of them given away for free per player and extras sold for 100 points each is pretty bad. Knowing why the ribbons exist makes is seem extra inappropriate to me. https://transfers.ddo.com/en/news/one-fund-memorial-ribbon I get that it's a sellers market since there's no way to get new ones, but I wonder if SSG should offer a fresh donation method (put them on the community loot list) or something to obtain them so as prevent profiteering off them.

kQAe6QS.png

Yn7kInW.png

Archangeluriel

There's one on argo for 3k. I still have mine and saved it because of what it meant, but I don't think they will rerelease it again.

MysticDragon___Littlemama

Since 2007 "We're supposed to know stuff??"
I wish they would bring them back in the ddo store as just a memorial ribbon at a small cost.
I'm always asked where did I get mine, as I still use mine whenever a close friend passes away.
Just recently another friend passed away, so I wear it on my main toon right now.
In real life I've had 6 friends pass away in a short time, so this is my little way of respecting their memory.
I used to have I think four of them,
over the years I gave mine away 'cept the one I kept for myself, to friends who had close buddies pass away.

cdbd3rd

At those prices it might also just be showing them off - but even if so does come across wrong.

As far as new ones, adding some of a different color for the charity donation Community Chest might be a reasonable option - tho I'd prefer to see them BtA.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
/signed

but why would someone spend shards for them? They do not have an actual benefit, right?
It's the nature of cosmetics. People love cosmetic effects in games and it's a unique effect. I've got ribbons in my bags on various characters, I don't typically toggle them on myself as too many effects around my character can get overwhelming.

Last edited:

owl

All of mine vanished didn’t sell or trash them they are just gone

Yes, this is the case with half of mine and I can't pinpoint why they disappeared, but on characters that still have these they haven't tr'd.

I am not sure why people assume there is bad intent with this. It's been a common practice for years to put unbound items that are important to us on the ASAH for an unreasonable price so that nobody buys it. Then we later reclaim it and put it in our character bank.

My assumption is that this is exactly the reason they are posted on the ASAH and not due to some bad intent. It's a unique cosmetic but I seriously doubt there is this massive market for 1k+ ribbons based on my experience selling things on the ASAH and being connected with enough people on my server to understand what people are looking for. It could be a few sell at those prices as every server has some wealthy people, but I don't think it would ever rise to the level of a problem SSG needs to spend time on.

I don't think the binding should be changed so we can share these with friends that don't have these.

I certainly appreciate SSG providing this cosmetic to remember that tragic day in Boston and stand with the families of victims.

If SSG wants to make these available I would suggest including it as an offering as part of this year's anniversary. I've not heard a single person on my server trying to acquire these and I typically here about unbound items that are in demand from others on the server. It seems unlikely there is just this one item I haven't heard about.

Making more things bound is not the right solution. Don't keep the whole community from sharing items because of a few people are making virtual currency off of a virtual item.

Col Kurtz

no one linked th eSeinfeld episode w the ribbon yet! *** /err maybe it was a pin..close enoug)

you have to wear the ribbon! dude thats a funny one