Mimics!!

Brakkart

Can we please get more types of Mimics in the game? I love them but at the moment we only have ones that imitate chests and this makes them somewhat predictable. It would be great to get Mimics that can take the shape of barrels, crates, vases, tables, chairs, rest shrines and such.

Upvote 9

Aelonwy

Also a few collectible nodes could make interesting mimics such as rubble piles, and backpacks... also coin piles. Maybe they could at least partially reuse Animated Objects for some of the work. I remember Paintings coming off the walls to fight us in Good Intentions, a mimic painting would make an awesome mini-boss.

Sunnie

Yes, please. I like mimics. And on that note, can we have a very small chance of about 0.5-1% that an object will turn out to be a mimic all year round and then increase that chance during the mimic hunt event?

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Ode… to a Mimic

It lurks in dungeons dark and deep,
With a patience that never sleeps.

In the guise of something that we trust,
It lies in treacherous lust.

And although you take a form so fine.
Never will your traps entwine.

For we'll see through your clever guise,

And send you back where darkness lies.

-Facedancer

It would be good to have a variant or three for mimics. Would love to see a hangry mimic bookshelf!

FaustianBargain

Can we please get more types of Mimics in the game? I love them but at the moment we only have ones that imitate chests and this makes them somewhat predictable. It would be great to get Mimics that can take the shape of barrels, crates, vases, tables, chairs, rest shrines and such.
I like the idea of other mimics too, at least when you’re running harder difficulties or on hardcore. Maybe not on normal because I imagine it would be discouraging for new players exploring the game to go up to a rest shrine and it eats them.

Ambitious

Life Shaper
Gold pile Mimics are a waste since they are ignored by most players. I do however very much like the idea of breakables or collectable mimics

Kritikal

Basically anything that can be interacted with should be fair game for Mimic-ry.
Boxes, urns, chests, woodpiles, mushrooms, tables, bookcases, etc. Maybe a lever or two.

Think of the possibilities.

Memnir

I'd be willing to bet that the Devs would like to see more Mimic types in the game as much as we would, if they ever have the time budget to add them. Alas, I have the impression that they are hard pressed to keep up with their current slate of demands as it is. They ticked the "Get Mimics In The Game" box, and adding more may be a pipe dream.

I'd love to be wrong, tho, and we are in for a gleefully toothy surprise in the future.

FaustianBargain

I'd be willing to bet that the Devs would like to see more Mimic types in the game as much as we would, if they ever have the time budget to add them. Alas, I have the impression that they are hard pressed to keep up with their current slate of demands as it is. They ticked the "Get Mimics In The Game" box, and adding more may be a pipe dream.

I'd love to be wrong, tho, and we are in for a gleefully toothy surprise in the future.
I clicked the like button and my thumb got eated.