"Miscellaneous" on the Ghallanda Aution House

Kheledon

I recently moved a few toons from Hardcore to Ghallanda and opened up a new guild. I have several low-level toons, and lots of new low-level guildies, all of whom need ...

PORTABLE HOLES

Evidently, these are rare on Ghallanda. To date, I haven't seen one in the Auction House. My highest level toon will soon start farming Argonnessen favor, as that appears to be the only sure-fire way to get one.

But what I really want to gripe about is the Medium Collectible Bags, Medium Gem Bags, and Small Ingredient Bags that are for sale at outrageous prices in Ghallanda's Auction House. Whomever is posting them should stop. Players can get a free Small Ingredient Bag in The Twelve, and the other bags are available for 9K Plat. or less at Open Handed in House P. Somebody is trying to take advantage of newbies who don't know any better, and they should be ashamed. They should spend their time farming Argonnessen favor and posting Portable Holes instead.

Last edited:

Uska

Founder
Haven’t played on g-land in a while so I popped on to see and yup none for sale checked all my characters and found a few I put one on the auction house at a ridiculous price just for fun that said I have couple I could sell if you want just pm and offer

Kheledon

Haven’t played on g-land in a while so I popped on to see and yup none for sale checked all my characters and found a few I put one on the auction house at a ridiculous price just for fun that said I have couple I could sell if you want just pm and offer
Cool. Thanks. I will let you know. I also have some guildies who might be interested.

Beast

Well, maybe because Ghallanda is a ghost town nowdays?
I know because I play there.
The normal ah (the only one that shoul exist, just to point out) is nearly empty and all the thins in it are useless or extremely pricy

Pinecone

I also play on Ghallanda and I haven't posted anything on the AH in years. Plat is effectively useless for anyone playing with a level-capped character for a little while, and I don't want to waste time on AH upkeep to get a handful of extra plat I have more trouble getting rid off than making.
That's obviously different for anyone in your position, which is why I pass mine out to new guildies whenever I have a spare.
I'm sure some people get a kick out of taking advantage of newbies, but that's not my experience with the DDO community. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these outrageous postings are made by other newbies not knowing the value of the bags

Kheledon

I'm sure some people get a kick out of taking advantage of newbies, but that's not my experience with the DDO community. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these outrageous postings are made by other newbies not knowing the value of the bags
That has not been my experience, either, and that's why I found it sufficiently aberrant to highlight and publicly shame this behavior.

Kheledon

Well, maybe because Ghallanda is a ghost town nowdays?
I know because I play there.
The normal ah (the only one that shoul exist, just to point out) is nearly empty and all the thins in it are useless or extremely pricy
You may not have noticed, but gloves, in particular, are practically nonexistent on the AH for reasons that I can't fathom. It's easier to get a good set of gloves from Masei Mkembe than on the Ghallanda AH.

Last edited:

Kheledon

What do you need,? I'll keep an eye open and send you . :)
Collapsed Portable Hole - send to Baddeus on Ghallanda. Thanks. :)

If you're asking about gloves, I am finding it difficult to get lvl. 4-10 gloves with DEX on them. DEX plus Spell Lore would be ideal.

vryxnr

I can spare a few as well.

I don't use the auction house at all (except for getting bigby hands sometimes, because I do teaching runs often and they are useful for that), because, as mentioned above, plat is so abundant that playing the AH is a time sink I'd rather ignore lol (and I'm not a huge fan of the AS AH).

Kheledon

I can spare a few as well.

I don't use the auction house at all (except for getting bigby hands sometimes, because I do teaching runs often and they are useful for that), because, as mentioned above, plat is so abundant that playing the AH is a time sink I'd rather ignore lol (and I'm not a huge fan of the AS AH).
Awesome. tyvm. :)(y)

The Narc

Collapsed Portable Hole - send to Baddeus on Ghallanda. Thanks. :)

If you're asking about gloves, I am finding it difficult to get lvl. 4-10 gloves with DEX on them. DEX plus Spell Lore would be ideal.
At the level it is very easy to build your own with cannith crafting, something you may want to spend a little time on.

Pinecone

I'm not sure if hardcore is your only other experience before transferring to Ghallanda, but I assume the supply and demand is vastly different than on a live server.

Kheledon

I'm not sure if hardcore is your only other experience before transferring to Ghallanda, but I assume the supply and demand is vastly different than on a live server.
I am initially from Sarlona--over ten years. That's my frame of reference.

Pinecone

Well, I'll see if I have any when the servers open up. I pick up collectibles along my way but I don't do a lot of crafting anymore so I might have some