To me, the plat AH is for items I refuse to pay shards for, such as:

Collectables
Ingredients
Double slots (for cannith crafters)
Lower level named items that can listed
Ioun stones
Items with a desired material type
Items just to list relatively cheap for Canith crafters

For low level needs in for gear, I find it is usually easy to level up in Cannith Crafting and make an item - assuming you have been good clicking on collectables in your adventures.

Kheledon

See i told you your fellow people on the server were likely to help you out.

Dont go to the auction house its rarely a productive place and the astral shard aiction house is just for suckers.
Indeed. They did.

Personally, I see posting on the Auction House as a public service. The game generates a lot of random loot. Most of it is garbage, but when it actually drops something useful/nice, then, if I can't use it, I post it so that someone else can. My goal is not to profit, but to preserve the good loot that the game occasionally generates. I dissolve the vast majority of the loot I get for essences.

Fluffy624

Personally, I see posting on the Auction House as a public service. The game generates a lot of random loot. Most of it is garbage, but when it actually drops something useful/nice, then, if I can't use it, I post it so that someone else can.
I do the same. Especially with the consumables from Night Revels, Crystal Cove etc. I'll put stacks of 50 or 100 on at prices a brand new f2p level 1,2,4 whatever can afford. Also the various low level augments like Ruby of the surging tide etc.