Missing visual Fireflies on the Curse of the Forest's Embrace

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Bug Report Number:
@Tonquin @SteelStar I got this curse on my Dino belt minor artifact which gives Fear immunity and fireflies follow you.

But the fireflies cannot be seen at all.

I am Warforged and using T5 Machrotechnic Epic Mage Armor. I reequipped the item, relogged, restarted client but no fireflies. I also waited till the EMA expires but nothing.

Update: Also got the same curse on my necklace and still no fireflies. Its a BTA item and tested on different toons of mine but no fireflies at all.

Last edited:

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Can confirm this is an issue of a missing cosmetic visual.

Originally I thought it might be related to item visuals (eg Only Helms, Armours, Goggles, Cloaks, Trinkets and Weapons for example had visual looks) and thought that players missing the visual might be just getting it on the wrong item (that does not show a visual and thus might not show the Cosmetic as well).

But I just saw that a Butterflies Cosmetic was visible even when on a Ring (which has no visual element). So this would suggest that the Fireflies Cosmetic effect is currently entirely missing from this particular Curse.

Hopefully it's a quick fix.

J1NG

Grunndi

Co-signing this.

Got it on a trinket and it’s not showing up.

This was actually the curse I was most excited about since the fireflies will go great with my cosmetic look. So please fix!!!

Thanks,

Fisto Mk I

It shoved up sometimes. Not all time. Have it on goggles.
Usual it visible when you stay some time motionless and begin moved, it shoved up for short time and disappear almost instantly after.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
If you tackle this issue devs, please make it so that the Firefly & Butterfly VFXs found on (H/L) Crown of Butterflies, (H/L) Crown of Fireflies, and Titania's Glory are able to be covered up with a glamoured cosmetic helm, because right now it's impossible to hide them.

Grunndi

If you tackle this issue devs, please make it so that the Firefly & Butterfly VFXs found on (H/L) Crown of Butterflies, (H/L) Crown of Fireflies, and Titania's Glory are able to be covered up with a glamoured cosmetic helm, because right now it's impossible to hide them.
Personally I want the opposite. So devs please don’t mess with that, just add in the missing fireflies to the curse.

I want to see my glamoured helm AND fireflies at the same time.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I want to see my glamoured helm AND fireflies at the same time.
You can already have that, by getting the appropriate curse on one of your items (once the bug mentioned in the OP is fixed, that is). But why should I see fireflies around my character just because I am wearing Titania's Glory as an item with some entirely different cosmetic helm on? No other cosmetic works that way.

Fisto Mk I

You can already have that, by getting the appropriate curse on one of your items (once the bug mentioned in the OP is fixed, that is). But why should I see fireflies around my character just because I am wearing Titania's Glory as an item with some entirely different cosmetic helm on? No other cosmetic works that way.
Fireflies and butterflies are living beings, they don't obey to stupid other cosmetic rulez! Free to butterflies!
lE2E7Ff.png

Grunndi

Gotcha, maybe read too quickly. If they can figure out how to keep the curse cosmetic with glamoured helms, while selectively preventing that with the helm items, then sure. But I do sort of suspect that these are all tied together with how the code works.

Alternative

What you're seeing is the crown of summer buff, not the helm itself. (also you're seeing butterflies, not fireflies). Crown of summer is also a druid spell (enhancement SLA) that gives the same buff and visual.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
What you're seeing is the crown of summer buff, not the helm itself. (also you're seeing butterflies, not fireflies). Crown of summer is also a druid spell (enhancement SLA) that gives the same buff and visual.
The butterfly curse is working properly. The fireflies curse doesnt.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I am aware of all these things, please don't get caught up in the details. This post is the one that matters, not the one you quoted which is a reply to very specific argument.

Grunndi

I am aware of all these things, please don't get caught up in the details. This post is the one that matters, not the one you quoted which is a reply to very specific argument.
Yes but as Alt said, the butterflies you see from Titania’s are not from the appearance of the actual helm, it’s coming from an effect from the helm (crown of summer). So your glamoured helm IS covering the visual of Titania’s, it just happens to be that Titanias has no actual visual helm.

Kinda of like it you equip a Crown of Snow with a glamoured helm, the appearance of the helm will get covered, but you’ll still see the visual from the effect Fire Shield(Cold).

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Yeah I think we're arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. It's perfectly clear what the request was.