Mobs I Hate: A Place to Rant

Col Kurtz

I h8 champs that spawn with a combo that makes them nearly immune to damage

heroic von3 this life> the red troll mini boss had a Pumkin head buff... took me about 5 minutes to chop him down w my base 30 damage axe(which is pretty OP for lvl 9-11) Beholder aggro'd at same time and made for a brutally insane solo fight. I was 10 lvls down and still lived somehow...popping restore lvl pots between swings, then finishing the Troll.

I swear he was only taking 20-25 pts on crits that do over would usually 400+ to other enemies & he was regenerating too of course.

I guess it was fun >since I completed ....but close to hate;) a real luv2h8

Cranjis

Unique Build and Cosmetic Connoisseur
Another one I should mention are Lizardfolk shamans in Saltmarsh, like how they spam splinterbolt. And that hurts now that splinterbolt is good.

Blunt Hackett

Any church pew you can't destroy, because wooden benches are my IRL favored enemy.

Anything casting a spell that makes the whole screen bright is #1 on my list. It does a lot for immersion, but I'd almost rather be punched in the throat.

Reapers and the air elemental in A Small Problem

Not technically mobs, but the ballistas in epic Storm the Beaches are the worst.

Beholders are easy in this game as long as you keep Beholder Optic Nerves on hand and/or any of the many negative energy absorption equipment. If not, then yeah, they're an absolute pain.

Altra

Scorps arent so bad since they changed burrowing AI

But yeah, I think the horrible mobs all fall into two broad categories:

- Phasing mobs, ie ones that are periodically unkillable, and there's nothing you can do about it
- Mobs that apply a super annoying CC, either long term or repeated CC spam, and there's nothing you can do about it

I applaud diversity in combat, and I love when mobs are more than just their TTK and DPS...but I dont like when its arbitrary and indefensible. I'd really like to see more telegraph-and-react mobs, where knowing when to dodge or block or counterstrike will help mitigate a mob's engineered difficulty.
I'd like to add
Mobs that jump around like crickets on crack. (Looking at you, Kobolds)

Brakkart

Phase Spiders (I've hated them ever since the original Baldur's Gate game!)
Air Elementals (Never had any great desire to be the ball in a Pinball game!)
Kobolds (Stand still when I'm trying to kill you you little %*Ā£Ā£%^%%!!!)
Ogre Mages (Oi, Get back here!)
Forgotten Realms Drow (I fricking HATE their paralysis poison coated weapons. If only the Neutralize Poison spell hadn't been nerfed to oblivion)

Col Kurtz

i dont h8 the Sands Drow... but a D&D game designer that put those Drow to suffer in the desert sun may deserve a flogging

droid327

I'd like to add
Mobs that jump around like crickets on crack. (Looking at you, Kobolds)
There are tactics you can use to counter these guys. Strategic backpedaling/strafing is the player skill that's most useful. Jump-attacking can also help a lot whenever you have side-targeting issues, since jumping up and looking down works the same as stepping back. Use that on bats a lot, which are even worse than kobolds

Cranjis

Unique Build and Cosmetic Connoisseur
After rerunning Dreaming Dark today I am happy to add Dream Crawlers. Phase spiders I can deal with, they phase out and phase back in fairly quick and are easy to put down. Crawlers, however, are like Phase spiders on crack, as they have a lot more hp and take much longer to phase back in...and they likely will phase back to a completely unexpected location.

Memnir

cAp3Adp.gif