Monk nerf intentional or not?

Hobgoblin

When you guys said you were looking at quivering palm - i was ecstatic. Then i was concerned when it went to lam. then i was hoping against hope that you made a mistake and were going to fix it.

Before this so called update to quivering palm i was sitting at 72 dc, and when i used trance, like any good monk does, i was at 98. still not great but workable. now with no changes - im at 73 dc sitting around and when i trance im at ..... guess what 73.

Why?

This is a signiture monk ability!

now it just goes back into either hey i wont use a whole ability of my class, or it goes hey i wont play a monk. and right now it goes hey naw i just wont play this game.

I know steel hates when people say this and it leads to it being ignored by devs - but this kind of communication leads people to make the statement devs hate monks

ACJ97F

They've "fixed" monk so many times over the years, I'm surprised every fight isn't like an episode of DBZ. Just shout loudly for 5 minutes
and eventually hit something. Everything from the Canon damage removal, nerfing EIN to sub-usefulness compared to any caster, and
then making every Monk an Assassin to negate various bonuses, is making the class extinct.

AbyssalMage

When you guys said you were looking at quivering palm - i was ecstatic. Then i was concerned when it went to lam. then i was hoping against hope that you made a mistake and were going to fix it.

Before this so called update to quivering palm i was sitting at 72 dc, and when i used trance, like any good monk does, i was at 98. still not great but workable. now with no changes - im at 73 dc sitting around and when i trance im at ..... guess what 73.

Why?

This is a signiture monk ability!

now it just goes back into either hey i wont use a whole ability of my class, or it goes hey i wont play a monk. and right now it goes hey naw i just wont play this game.

I know steel hates when people say this and it leads to it being ignored by devs - but this kind of communication leads people to make the statement devs hate monks
They hate Monks (and a few other classes) in all honesty. And unfortunately it repeatedly leads to player loss across the servers. But as long as "The Whales" outspend the player base they will continue to listen to the minority.

Lazuli

They hate Monks (and a few other classes) in all honesty. And unfortunately it repeatedly leads to player loss across the servers. But as long as "The Whales" outspend the player base they will continue to listen to the minority.
You are looking at it backwards. As long as the SSG model remains fixed on whales, forgetting the average consumer, it will be impossible for the average consumer to invest in the game. It is the SSG model itself that has caused many people to stop investing or to significantly reduce what they spend in the game.

Svirfneblin

I didn’t like the change and I think it should use the greater of assassinate dcs or tactics/stunning. Quivering palm does not sound like an assassinate to me.

Rub-A-Dub-Dub

IK-ability not sound like assassinate... Okay... 8)
No. Because it is not required that you STEALTH. Assassinations usually imply stealth, subterfuge, deceit, trickery, covertness, and discreetness. Monks are not assassins. Ninja Spies, maybe, but not henshins or shintaos by their very philosophy