Monks

cthulhusleeping

Hey how about creating a monk class that uses shurikens as primary weapon. Or make it an an enhancement tree. But allow them to gain KI from using shurikens. Monks and ninjas through out history used them as potent offensive weapons. You have added a lot of things to other classes but not the monk.

Speed

Currently you can stack various sources of ki regeneration if you want to use shurikens as your primary weapon.
Still, would be nice to see 1 ki per hit with shuriken in Ninja Spy or stance (if not archetype).

droid327

There's little that a pure ranged monk would need to use Ki for, other than 10KS, and that only requires a passive Ki regen of 2 to be able to use it on cooldown. I do think monks could use another source of +1 passive gen that was easily accessible, maybe add it to the Discipline feat.

Sacred Fist would arguably be able to use it to spam Ki Wave as well...but it doesnt make sense to create a Monk archetype that only benefits another class

Fisto Mk I

There's little that a pure ranged monk would need to use Ki for, other than 10KS, and that only requires a passive Ki regen of 2 to be able to use it on cooldown. I do think monks could use another source of +1 passive gen that was easily accessible, maybe add it to the Discipline feat.
In addition to 10k Stars, there are others that require much more Ki: Shadow Veil, Diversion, Flash Bang, Ki Bolt and Incinerating Wave. And usual shuri-ninja use 3 passive Ki regen: t2 Henshin Contemplation, t1 NiS Stealthy and t1 GMoF Enlightenment. It's... not enough. 8)

No tnx about Discipline, we, monks, already starve to feat. ;)

pame12

Sacred Fist would arguably be able to use it to spam Ki Wave as well...but it doesnt make sense to create a Monk archetype that only benefits another class
The whole point is to be able to generate enough ki to zip around with abundant step everywhere whilst machine gunning everything while zipping like crazy.
I think that's what OP was going for, I tried testing it out but after realising that this cannot be done, I gave up and was very dissapointed that they wouldn't even give you a +1 on hit, hell, not even a crit gives you extra if you go for the crane enhancement.
Godamn, you can't even use spring attack with shurikens! *** is this nonesense?

Last edited:

Svirfneblin

SSG could build Ki generations from Shuriken’s on hit into the ninja tree there’s no need for a separate archetype. On a related note, the balance work done to Ninja is helpful and appreciated but this tree still is not at the performance level of the other two Monk trees. How many shortsword or Kama monks do you see running around ??

Some say that Ninja is the worst class tree in the game. Help us Ninjas Obi-wan Kenobi, you’re our only hope.

Eme

ranged monks could certainly deserve getting more love with ki gen,
but not forgetting trailblazer can get an additional +1 passive ( but this is pushing it to sell a race ) and there is also Orchid Blossom which gives +25 ki on use every 15 secs.
It didn't help that monks lost +1 passive with the destiny nerf, as the devs have always hated monks doing stuff in general.

Speed

How many shortsword or Kama monks do you see running around

I would like to see weapon focus slashing requirement removed from ki longsword.
I know it is not effective for Ninja Spy tree, but does quarterstaff work with Ninja Training dex to attack and damage?
I mean if someone tested it, because from description it looks like it should and the only exception are shurikens/bows not getting dex for damage.
What annoys me most in this class (I know others have better reasons) is various things that lead to uncentered (you have to turn on your stance again and have 0 ki because were tripped/drained or received other status) or losing your finisher (because of lever/ladder/door/chest/potion/equipping/talking/ability or doing other standard actions), especially when playing solo.

Aaabbbcccddd

I agree shuriken's should generate ki on hit, like every other monk weapon. It is kinda weird, that it doesn't tbh. But maybe the tech is not there yet to support this behavior.