Monster Manuals: A better way to help fund the Game?

Reaped and Ravaged

I would suggest upping the XP value on higher level character deeds, issuing an XP stone instead of automatic XP and having those XP stones have 2X value in epics.

Also having BTA 100% Fortification and Fear Immunity Augments and even Jewelry kits as account deed rewards would really improve their value.

songswrath

I am not against given a exp gem as rewards rather than automatically. For a few reasons
1exp always hits at wrong times making so I have take lvl before I want to.
2 it's a extra source of exp friends you are running with most likely don't have. Also why I don't like given VIPs more than 10,% they have now.
3 you hit all the good ones when you are already capped at end game. Just ends up wasted exp.
This maybe a nice way for people to catch up

Purr

I made this suggestion before. I think there was an issue where the stones would take away from xp pot purchases

Time for another reality check it seems.

It really doesn’t matter how “well funded“ this game gets. Other than basic expenses needed to keep the lights on and push out periodic updates, the proceeds won’t go back into the game for any kind of major overhauls. EG7‘s Ji Ham already stated as much in their last earnings report.

It’ll go to shareholders.

Reaped and Ravaged

You are completely obsessed. This is sad.
What is sad is the lack of creativity with options like Monster Manuals. Done right they could be a choose your own battle pass option to break up the boredom of endless TR grinds. They should take them out of ViP, improve the rewards significantly and have the ability, with active ViP, to reset their progress from time to time. It would help them sell expansions.

The point about the shareholders is valid. And why would I want to send money their way if SSG will not use it freshen the game up? More and more I see this game following the path of Neverwinter which soaked players every 3-4 years with complete resets of their OPness.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
What is sad is the lack of creativity with options like Monster Manuals. Done right they could be a choose your own battle pass option to break up the boredom of endless TR grinds. They should take them out of ViP, improve the rewards significantly and have the ability, with active ViP, to reset their progress from time to time. It would help them sell expansions.

The point about the shareholders is valid. And why would I want to send money their way if SSG will not use it freshen the game up? More and more I see this game following the path of Neverwinter which soaked players every 3-4 years with complete resets of their OPness.
How is it sad? You kill enough monsters, you get XP and other stuff, depending on rank cleared.. my only annoyance is that you have to 'click' certain 'checks' to get Mysterious Remnants 🥰 Be nice if it all just auto-dropped, so to speak.

Mesmerin

I would suggest upping the XP value on higher level character deeds, issuing an XP stone instead of automatic XP and having those XP stones have 2X value in epics.

Also having BTA 100% Fortification and Fear Immunity Augments and even Jewelry kits as account deed rewards would really improve their value.
Another day, another asinine post by R&R.
Well at least he has consistency.,....

Sylla

Noticed any buffed up champions lately?
That's just a ridiculous claim. Pretty much majority of the player base complain all year long that the game is way too easy, to the point it becoming boring.

If you compared DDO today to DDO from 15 or even 10 years ago, today is a cakewalk.

And that also applies to first life characters with no gear at all. We can see it every HC league.

There's no way a 2008 fresh toon would be able to consistently solo elite dungeons without dying once.

LunaCee

Take away past lives, take away crafted gear, take away reaper points... Remember back to when prestige classes were significantly simpler and had requirements like toughness, mental toughness, and skill point thresholds? How about when the earliest +5 you could lay hands on was the Threnalian Warblade. When most high value effects like banishing and vorpal were coveted on a +1 weapon to keep the level requirement low.
Long before gear bloat got to the point where a level 4 character now is often equipped with stuff an actual pen and paper character would be doing a jaw drop over as 10th level loot.

Player complain the game is "easy" now because the artificial support systems have been power crept so hard you actually are stronger than a gestalt character in a full on monty-haul pen and paper campaign that is at least feasibly still on the rails for player gold per level in equipment.

Reaped and Ravaged

That's just a ridiculous claim. Pretty much majority of the player base complain all year long that the game is way too easy, to the point it becoming boring.

If you compared DDO today to DDO from 15 or even 10 years ago, today is a cakewalk.

And that also applies to first life characters with no gear at all. We can see it every HC league.

There's no way a 2008 fresh toon would be able to consistently solo elite dungeons without dying once.
The game is not easy for overseas players having to deal with all the server burps or anyone playing R+group size. They do sell VIP in over 10 foreign currencies if I recall.

US based players zerging R1 is not everyone playing the game and SSG has a very limited vision for monetizing these players..

Monster Manuals on the other hand could be a very D&D themed alternative to Battle Passes. Please stay on topic and discuss the pros and cons of Monster Manuals and how they could be improved if you are trying to communicate instead of Vent and Prevent.

Chai

Always been totally against p2w, but since thats the way they went with the revenue model, at least do p2w correctly.

There should be a panel that can be toggled off for those who don't want it, which shows monster kills by the number and shows you the potential reward for meeting the threshold provided you own the manual that monster is in. It should also be intuitive for each zone. Now every zone is a slayer zone.

You should get discounts on some merchants or be an alternative method for being able to buy better items on favor merchants. For example, the silver flame should roll the red carpet out for me if I've killed every type of vampire and hit certain number thresholds on the more common ones.

They could also do monster hunter titles. Getting a rare title to display that required owning multiple manuals and doing a wide variety of content, everything from raids and slayer zones to quests, would have some bragging rights behind it. Even link some to HC. Someone could unlock a HC Dragon Hunter title for their entire account if they killed every dragon in the game at least once on a HC server.

Start designing more cosmetic items for rewards. If I kill one of every mob that has DR broken by silver I should be able to choose a silvered cosmetic weapon or silvery arrows, both of which leave a silvery trail when swung or shot on their way to the target. Maybe a silvery orb for casters, or a staff skin.

There can also be a link to damage types. Not only did I kill every single type of vampire, I used radiant damage to do so, so now I have this cosmetic emblazened armor of the sun, or a shield with the same logo.

There are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many unexplored options here. It feels like it was someones downtime project that somehow made it into the game but doesn't get updated enough to matter for the majority of the players.

Sylla

The game is not easy for overseas players having to deal with all the server burps or anyone playing R+group size. They do sell VIP in over 10 foreign currencies if I recall.

US based players zerging R1 is not everyone playing the game and SSG has a very limited vision for monetizing these players..

Monster Manuals on the other hand could be a very D&D themed alternative to Battle Passes. Please stay on topic and discuss the pros and cons of Monster Manuals and how they could be improved if you are trying to communicate instead of Vent and Prevent.
Don't know if you are playing from the North Korea or something, but im from Europe and while there is lag sometimes, nothing that would prevent me soloing r4... And no i dont have hundreds of past lives or reaper points.

And you went off topic yourself by claiming event champs are a way to bait people into spending money. Nonsense.

Edit: You feel like the game is too hard and unfair to you. So your solution is to whine on forums and try to bend the game to you. Wheres the "game" in that? How about you post your build and ask people for advice? People here will gladly tell you how to improve your build and your playstyle.

Instead of asking yourself "what you could do better?" You whine. This is not Twitter Sir.

Last edited:

dur

aka Cybersquirt
How is it sad? You kill enough monsters, you get XP and other stuff, depending on rank cleared.. my only annoyance is that you have to 'click' certain 'checks' to get Mysterious Remnants 🥰 Be nice if it all just auto-dropped, so to speak.
How many monsters still have no entry in the Manual? That is my only question - I'm looking at YOU, mephits*.'

*or do they count now?

Last edited:

T.O.

How many monsters still have no entry in the Manual? That is my only question - I'm looking at YOU, mephits*.'

*or do they count now?
Yeah MM volume II. Been around for awhile now.

image.png