More Epic Level 23-26 Quests

Ethril

If you are running a first life you will find enough quests to get you through the epic level. However on subsequent lives you will have to do slayers or rerun some quests and it just gets worse from there. Having more quests in the low to mid 20's would help break up the repeats.
Are you talking epic reincarnations? I can typically do 2 epic past lives each life pretty easily. If you mean heroic past lives, that should have no bearing on it (well, it might make it slightly easier due to build points and past life feats).

Mornyngstar

On my main Mornyngstar I can get 4-5 epic past lives for each racial. On Seldissan I have done serial Epic Reincarnation for 24 times in a row and still have no problems leveling.

Geezer

Well, imho, I know you can do epic leveling with the quests we currently have, but then again, it would be nice to have some more options to do so as the op wants. Things would be less boring . Level 23ish quests with a legendary counterpart would be nice, especially if there was named loot, mainly weapons that would be an nice upgrade to what you currently have at level 23.

owl

There should be many more legendary level quests as it's effectively end game content that will get much more use than leveling quests would. For example people stay at cap to run raids repeatedly and quests for rxp.

Without any xp pots there is enough xp to get to 30, etr and get to 30 again relatively quickly with bravery bonus and slayers.

There are also 11 epic challenges in that range that have great xp, but arguably they should raise the max level to 30 for all those and keep them as epic even at 30. Some of the challenges are difficult to 5 star.

If the goal is to get more epic trs between full TRs I certainly emphathize with that, however, at this point I really think a 3+ to 1 ratio is fine and would prefer more heroic + legendary content vs epic + legendary content. There are several epic quests I almost never run.

paddymaxson

They stopped adding epic quests because there is no need for them. When you ETR back to 20 you can post a group for legendary quests and let anyone from level 20 to 32 join. Legendary quests are great because everyone 20 or higher can play them.

That's fair but there isn't always a group to carry you through legendaries and without those a lot of builds basically can't do legendary R1 and man will struggle with Elite. I don't think it could hurt to have a bit more variety/pre-legendary XP available at that point for people doing the ETR grind, especially if you're doing multiple ETRs on a single heroic life which I have tended to do recently.

Personally I just wish there was a viable alternative to doing bloody Gianthold. I'd really like the next expansion's heroic content to 13-14 as we now have expansions for:

3-4 (along with lots of other viable high xp low level quests)
5-6 (again lots of other high XP quests around this level if you get sick of feywild)
7-8
10-12 (and at least 1 holy grail quest that can grind the entirety of 11-13 in an hour)
GIANTHOLD and lordsmarch plaza
multiple 15-17s (wheloon, sharn, even vale if you get extra stuck)
18-19

But nothing new for 13-14 for many years besides 4 quick but relatively low xp 14s.

I am so glad that I am basically finished with heroic TRs, but I've been doing some iconics and I skipped GH on my latest one and it made 15-20 a real slog.

So yeah, it'd be nice if some of the gaps got filled in both in heroic and epics. Surely it couldn't be that hard to scale a new pack here and there to add a mid-epics version or make epic versions of some old neglected quests that don't get legendary versions. But I guess any dev time that's not on priorities is wasted dev time so I can sympathise with there being no motion to do it.

But, it's at the point where if I'm trying to do an epic life quickly I get basically 0 reaper xp for 2/3 of the life because I will duck out on doing quests I really cba with and do slayers then try to find a decent legendary group for 28-30.

woq

I think there is some room for a new pack that would be 22-26 and 32-36 with an upgrading system for items. Not like Sharn 15-16+ was a problem. Just need to have the right idea for it. Doesn't mean they need to make next 5 packs for epic/legendary, but it wouldn't hurt to have another mid epic questline. Maybe not a bonafide expansion, but a questpack of some kind.

I think the reasoning is sound, while I don't really struggle in mid epics because I don't mind doing quests as somewhat overleveled, I like slayers and the epic restrictions aren't as bad as they were in Heroics - a change of pace around that range would be nice. For a game that revolves around players going through all points of the game over and over a considerable portion in the middle of that progression path being neglected makes little sense, even if players have decent tools to circumvent the problem.

tsotate

I am so glad that I am basically finished with heroic TRs, but I've been doing some iconics and I skipped GH on my latest one and it made 15-20 a real slog.
I think I'm the only one in my guild who ever runs GH. We normally just do Archons for 13s, and then Grimm/Subversion/Multitude plus Necro 4 takes us through to Sharn sagas.

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
Having spent 4 months last year doing back-to-back ERs (6-8 at a time and then an Iconic [3x total]) I can say that I found leveling quite easy by splitting my goals into 2 parts:

1st) I stuck only to Sagas. (There are 56 Epic Level Quests that are connected to one or more of the 7 Epic Sagas)
Note - The only slayer zone I did was King's Forest (Grim Disturbance) on my 1st run through each time at 20.

2nd) Once I had finished all the Epic Sagas I then started on Legendary Sagas. (There are 65 Legendary Level Quests comprising 6 Sagas [at that time - now Vecna added 13 more Quests and 1 more Saga]) Most often I did these on R1 with PUGs or Friends until I reached 29. Then I'd up it to R2-4 depending on the group. Once I hit Cap I'd go R4 for the rest of the list of Sagas. Usually only had to do 1-2 Legendary Sagas to get to cap after the Epics. This means you are working on your Reaper Xp while banking your sagas for your next ER and kept things from getting repetitive.

-------Bank all the Sagas - Do not take the xp stone right away. Wait until after you ER, then go grab all the banked Sagas and shoot up to 24-26 depending on your XP buffs.

Often while doing this I would hear the criticism that I was not resetting Legendary Reaper 1st time bonus. To that I can only say that, while Reaper Xp was a goal - it was only a Secondary Goal. The main goal was the Saga Rewards following the ER.

So I guess my take is - while it is ok to grind, remember to figure out how to use what you have to make it enjoyable for yourself instead of railing against the reality of what is.

Good Luck!

paddymaxson

I think I'm the only one in my guild who ever runs GH. We normally just do Archons for 13s, and then Grimm/Subversion/Multitude plus Necro 4 takes us through to Sharn sagas.
must admit I forgot about archons. Maybe it's different per server but I see way more groups doing GH than Necro 4.

Eelpout

Having spent 4 months last year doing back-to-back ERs (6-8 at a time and then an Iconic [3x total]) I can say that I found leveling quite easy by splitting my goals into 2 parts:

1st) I stuck only to Sagas. (There are 56 Epic Level Quests that are connected to one or more of the 7 Epic Sagas)
Note - The only slayer zone I did was King's Forest (Grim Disturbance) on my 1st run through each time at 20.

2nd) Once I had finished all the Epic Sagas I then started on Legendary Sagas. (There are 65 Legendary Level Quests comprising 6 Sagas [at that time - now Vecna added 13 more Quests and 1 more Saga]) Most often I did these on R1 with PUGs or Friends until I reached 29. Then I'd up it to R2-4 depending on the group. Once I hit Cap I'd go R4 for the rest of the list of Sagas. Usually only had to do 1-2 Legendary Sagas to get to cap after the Epics. This means you are working on your Reaper Xp while banking your sagas for your next ER and kept things from getting repetitive.

-------Bank all the Sagas - Do not take the xp stone right away. Wait until after you ER, then go grab all the banked Sagas and shoot up to 24-26 depending on your XP buffs.

Often while doing this I would hear the criticism that I was not resetting Legendary Reaper 1st time bonus. To that I can only say that, while Reaper Xp was a goal - it was only a Secondary Goal. The main goal was the Saga Rewards following the ER.

So I guess my take is - while it is ok to grind, remember to figure out how to use what you have to make it enjoyable for yourself instead of railing against the reality of what is.

Good Luck!
While I understand your logic and that can be an effective way to counteract the issue of quest level deserts, it seems odd to have Sagas be the better alternative to having more quests in those level ranges

DreamingReality

(1) All my saga rewards go to leveling my guild. After lvl150, they will go to skill tomes. As someone else said- using sagas to level your character just shows how boring those levels are to run.
(2) Slayers are more boring than repeating quests for low xp. I have never found them to be all that great for xp unless you put a lot of time into them and burn slayer and xp pots. Doing an entire slayer area without burning any pots probably won't get even 1 level and it can take hours if no one joins. Remember, Demonweb and High Road are the only slayers in this range. A level 24 doing Thunderholme alone for fast xp would be a joke.
(3) My husband and I are not looking to pair with lvl 32 groups to zerg us through endgame content when we are only lvl25. Most endgame groups run reaper and set their group for 28-32 or 30-32. Once we hit 27, we can usually run legendary content without trouble by ourselves. What is the point of creating/ running new endgame content if you can't take your time and enjoy it?
(4) Chronoscope has an epic and legendary version. If there was a problem with this, SSG must now have a work around.
(5) 1- or 2- manning the Eveningstar/ Cannith challenge quests for 5-stars at a high enough level above you to bring in good xp is difficult.

Hireling

I'd love epic versions of:
Caverns of Korromar (best quest in the game to turn into a pen and paper adventure btw)
Sorrowdusk and Cult of the Six
Tear of Dhakaan
Gwylan's Stand
Stormcleave
Tangleroot
Threnal
Necro 1,2 and 3
Inspired Quarter (don't even have to change their HP or Saves!)
Sharn Syndicate
Proof is in the Poison
Waterworks
Shan to Kor (STK)

I end up doing some of my favorite quests about every second or third life through because I outlived them going 1-20.
Some of these I think you could copy/paste monster stats from other packs to update these. I am not a developer or anything, but I did a lot of DM work for a pen and paper group. One player in my group became a writer for Pathfinder and his Cleric is now Canon in that world. My point is, there is a lot of great content already in the game that is super fun, but it's passed over.
I'd pay money for a "Classics gone Epic" pack. Making these quests be like 23-28 range would also give ETRs a little variety.

erethizon1

(4) Chronoscope has an epic and legendary version. If there was a problem with this, SSG must now have a work around.
Their workaround is making an additional copy of the quest (thus doubling the available favor). So you have to run it twice (once on Legendary and once on the normal version) to get all favor. I like this solution since it would increase our favor by thousands without the need to buy a single pack.