Most of the single target epic strikes will not be used due to their excessively low damage

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
The only other thing I have come up with is we have 3 tiers in the game right now, Heroic, Epic and Legendary. At this point we do have some legendary feats but over all at least I haven't been impressed with them maybe on the way to 40 something will happen to change my opinion on that.

In the interim we could use auto granted feat(s) to take our Epic strike (or mantle or both) and make them legendary. This could let the strikes or mantles become more of our "legendary" identity until such a time we get whatever legendary system that is likely in the works. Doing this lets the developers know when this power increase occurs rather than what I can only guess was epic strikes over performing in 'epic' content but I could be wrong and maybe they thought the 'epic strikes' were already too powerful for even legendary content.

Reactions: DBZ

Drunken.dx

As for the epic destiny rework, I know a LOT of people didn't like it but I feel like the reason they didn't like it came more from the massive power drop at level 20 than how strong it made us at cap. The new system is arguably better at max level because there's more choices, and undeniably the changes made us stronger at an endgame level.
That's why I like ED revamp, yes it was nice when you ETR-ed and steamrolled at 20, but that meant leveling in ED you didn't wanna use or releveling ED you just TER-ed.
Now I can do epic levels in class I want and choose what EPL I want when ETR-ing.

Epicsoul

You have described Epic Moments.
Epic Moments are nothing like @remmie was describing. I'm pretty sure in all cases, Epic Moments provide temporary buffs to the user, debuffs to opponents, or offer utility. Most of them don't even do high-tier damage, but may empower the use to do more through other means.

Epic Strikes should be potent enough to justify their inclusion in combat rotations, and several already are. For example: Adrenaline, Guard Up, Dire Charge, and Drifting Lotus are all useful in rotations where appropriate. However, the recent update caused Epic Strikes focused on damage dealing for casters like Dragon Breath to fall short, in my opinion. My Warlock has found itself reserving the Epic Strike cooldown for Healing Pillar instead of a damage Epic Strike, which isn't ideal for me.

The usefulness of Epic Strikes doesn't need to be solely determined by their potential to increase damage output, either. Take Flame Pillar or Sun Pillar, for instance – enhancing their utility by making Holy Command AoE and reducing its cooldown for balance could significantly increase their effectiveness in various situations.

Reactions: DBZ

l_remmie

You have described Epic Moments.
That is not how i see it. Epic(lvl30) strikes should be your strongest offensive attack at appropriate cost. Thinking 90-180sec cooldown maybe some slight temporary debuffs as a trade of. You are giving it all at your best.

Epic(legendary) moments should be more like divine intervention, your great grandfather claims he saw it happen once but the whole family thinks he's full of it. An ability that you can at most use once a quest or once in several quests. You're not gonna use it unless you have to.
Something like self-resurrection, full raidgroup resurrection, complete immunity bubble, quad damage, greater invisibility, turn anything, 100%crits, massive buffs and debuffs. You should coordinate using these with the party.

We're never gonna get legendary abilities that we can use every 15 seconds. SSG has made that clear again and again.
I'm willing to have long cooldowns and heft mana costs if it means we really get to do something cool every now and again.

Sturmbb

That is not how i see it. Epic(lvl30) strikes should be your strongest offensive attack at appropriate cost. Thinking 90-180sec cooldown maybe some slight temporary debuffs as a trade of. You are giving it all at your best.

Epic(legendary) moments should be more like divine intervention, your great grandfather claims he saw it happen once but the whole family thinks he's full of it. An ability that you can at most use once a quest or once in several quests. You're not gonna use it unless you have to.
Something like self-resurrection, full raidgroup resurrection, complete immunity bubble, quad damage, greater invisibility, turn anything, 100%crits, massive buffs and debuffs. You should coordinate using these with the party.

We're never gonna get legendary abilities that we can use every 15 seconds. SSG has made that clear again and again.
I'm willing to have long cooldowns and heft mana costs if it means we really get to do something cool every now and again.
I think this is a great idea, both the lvl 30 epic strike and the Legendary Epic moments. Lets be honest, We really need something that we get at core 3 destiny. to make it truly Legendary, the core 3 destiny abilities are not something i feel on the edge of my seat to get. True they are nice. But they should be like the T5 enhancements trees that open up at lvl 12. i love hitting lvl 12 and than opening up the T5 trees. As alot of the tree's have some really nice abilities. It doesn't make any logical sense that hitting cap doesn't reward you with something that is absolutely going to knock your socks off.. WE HAVE BECOME LEGENDARY GODS - WATCH AND TREMBLE.

For power curve, they should limit this legendary ability to one tree only or make it like epic strike were it shares the same cool down as another Legendary Ability.

l_remmie

You only get 1 legendary strike/moment.

With cap to lvl40 people will really want to get into tier5 in multiple destinies. But i doubt ssg will allow that. So it's a bit of a moo(t) point.