Move x number of items from TR cache to inventory or character bank

Summoner

The idea is pretty simple.
You put in a number x and click move from TR cache to inventory or character bank.
The items you move are random and you have no control over which items are selected.
This would save me a lot of time.

Upvote 1

Dunspartacus

uhm ... why?
Probably because clearing the cache before a TR can be a pretty slow process once you hit a critical mass of items on a character. The main problem is the server can't keep up with items being moved too quickly from one space to another, which is my why this is such a pain, and why they haven't been able to implement a "quick transfer" system. I'm sure one day we'll get a patch called "ladders, air jets, and caches oh my!"

kemton

I created a mouse macro to do the drag/double click. Otherwise I would prob have quit TR’ibg as it’s so tedious. I’m at close to max items(bank + inventory) just due to raid items.

nix

Probably because clearing the cache before a TR can be a pretty slow process once you hit a critical mass of items on a character. The main problem is the server can't keep up with items being moved too quickly from one space to another, which is my why this is such a pain, and why they haven't been able to implement a "quick transfer" system. I'm sure one day we'll get a patch called "ladders, air jets, and caches oh my!"
indeed it can ... I often find most of the cache remains unused. perhaps "move all" would make more sense than "move x random items" ... although that could also suggest "feed all items" or "decon all items" as alternatives

Visik

My suggestion for the bank UI was to use the same UI as the AH for everything: One window with multiple tabs for Inventory, Character Bank, Shared Bank, TR Cache, and AH. Which tabs become active would be location-based. You could use all the same grouping by type, search functions and level restrictions as the AH and they'd apply to whichever tabs you switched among. You could drag items from window to tab, with situation-aware outcomes: drag to inventory: move; Drag to AH: post; drag from AH: buyout. There'd be some slight differences in presentation in some windows (prices shown in AH tab and not others). And you could grey out the TR Cache tab when dragging from any other window, for example.

And you could implement standard mass selecting rules (shift-click, ctrl-click, ctrl-a) and drag multiple items at once.. which would make clearing a TR Cache before Reincarnating WAY easier.

To make this even more valuable and versatile, you could have a tab that would allow you to connect to the Inventory/Character Bank/TR Cache of another of your characters on the same server to move items between them. That would make bank toon use MUCH more convenient.

Last edited:

droid327

It's annoying for sure, but it's like 3 mins every, what, week or so, however often you TR

It's probably low on the priority list even among TR improvements. I'd rather see a streamlined process for LR/ER releveling, for example. Adding bank and airship access to Korthos and airship to Gatekeepers Grove. Saving hotkey assignments in /ui save loadout.

Visik

It's annoying for sure, but it's like 3 mins every, what, week or so, however often you TR

It's probably low on the priority list even among TR improvements. I'd rather see a streamlined process for LR/ER releveling, for example. Adding bank and airship access to Korthos and airship to Gatekeepers Grove. Saving hotkey assignments in /ui save loadout.

There IS a key mapping file in the DDO folder....

Visik

My suggestion for the bank UI was to use the same UI as the AH for everything: One window with multiple tabs for Inventory, Character Bank, Shared Bank, TR Cache, and AH. Which tabs become active would be location-based. You could use all the same grouping by type, search functions and level restrictions as the AH and they'd apply to whichever tabs you switched among. You could drag items from window to tab, with situation-aware outcomes: drag to inventory: move; Drag to AH: post; drag from AH: buyout. There'd be some slight differences in presentation in some windows (prices shown in AH tab and not others). And you could grey out the TR Cache tab when dragging from any other window, for example.

And you could implement standard mass selecting rules (shift-click, ctrl-click, ctrl-a) and drag multiple items at once.. which would make clearing a TR Cache before Reincarnating WAY easier.

To make this even more valuable and versatile, you could have a tab that would allow you to connect to the Inventory/Character Bank/TR Cache of another of your characters on the same server to move items between them. That would make bank toon use MUCH more convenient.

And if you really wanted to take this to its limit, you could add a Guild Storage chest tab as well, for those with access (live only when on your Guild Airship, of course).

Visik

Key map is different from your hot bar buttons

True. But you said 'hotkey assignments'.. which could reasonably be interpreted as key mapping.

In fact, what you do mean isn't clear. You want it to remember what spells, weapons, gear, etc, you've dragged to hotbars? Most of that changes with every life.

droid327

True. But you said 'hotkey assignments'.. which could reasonably be interpreted as key mapping.

In fact, what you do mean isn't clear. You want it to remember what spells, weapons, gear, etc, you've dragged to hotbars? Most of that changes with every life.
Then let me change what needs to be changed, still better than building it from scratch every life. A lot of my buttons are the same every life... Search, horse, scrolls and pots, clickies, gold seals, PDK sprint, weapon set 1 and 2, etc.

And if you're TRing back into the same build, then it saves all the time.

Lazuli

Why aren't people voting for this? I know it can be done with external tools, but technically it is prohibited by the rules and emptying the cache is VERY boring.

The best thing would be to remove the cache and that they give us that storage for free as normal storage, but I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery three times this year...

nix

Why aren't people voting for this? I know it can be done with external tools, but technically it is prohibited by the rules and emptying the cache is VERY boring.
My mouse has a button to do double clicks, thereby reducing wear and tear by 50%.

But seriously, the amount of accumulated gear i have in tr caches which has never been used leads me to think that having a clear-out before any tr is the answer. A lot of cache items are near obsolete thanks to ssg's continuous power creep.

Bunker

YES. Please mess with the mechanics of inventory and TR cache. Please improve the current system.

Also, if they do release an update, they will need to release a sign-up list for those that want to try the changes first.

You know, all the players that will be eager to loose all thier gear.

Best current way to help yourself in managing your inventory, is to stop being pack rats. Good luck everyone. I'm currently failing that challenge.