multiple dragonlord bugs

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

Bug Report Number:
  • Laughter in ravager does not function at all. I thought torc fixed this but it doesn't work for dragonlord
  • do you like pain and I like pain in ravager do not work, even though they used to work in old barb ravager (even before the torc fixes)
  • cruel cut poison DoT at 3rd tier does not apply the 1d6 and 1d6+1d6 per 10 character levels separately, the 1d6 +1d6/10 levels overrides it. the description makes it sound like they both apply. the damage also does not appear to be scaling with melee power
  • when the good hope spell is cast (maybe others), every tick of the aura procs the sound effect of good hope which is very annoying
  • cruel cut con damage is completely negated by epic ward on most hits. i thought epic ward was absorb but its just flat immunity for some hits. this makes cruel cut borderline worthless as it does nothing half the time
  • dragonlord flight of kings has a small 0.5 second freeze after the animation where your character cannot move or attack. other dashes do not have this. this also only applies while on the ground, it works fine when used in the air
  • lastly, and this is my biggest gripe about this, improved trip does not work at all. right now I am level 21 with 91 trip DC and it is failing to land on level 20 quests on epic elite. for reference, my sunder DC of 55 is landing 95% of the time on reaper 2. in addition, improved trip says it is a reflex, but it is not. my testing shows it is a balance save. also, all trips are supposed to be str/dex saves, which it is for monsters. for players, nearly all trips are balance checks due to a bug that has been in the game for years. with monsters having 100+ balance by level 20, and probably over 150 by cap, how are we expected to get those DCs? the balance DC should be reasonable. the fact that the best tactics character in the game cannot land a trip on a level 20 elite kobold is just sad. this problem isn't even on monsters with multiple legs. this is on 2 legged enemies like humans, orcs, hobgoblins, etc. This is why nobody uses trip or the great leveler. it is physically impossible to get the required DC. if you would like me to post screenshots of this bug in action I can. improved trip should be str/dex save for players, but it only is for monsters. for players it is balance and thus useless. I have tested the required DC at cap, and my DC of 155 is not working on many of the mobs in vecna on elite. this does not feel right or fair.
  • the trance does not recharge a charge when using the dragon breath very much. the proc rate is very very low, to the point where I can use the trance multiple times before I get a proc. the proc rate should probably be much higher as the other trances with charges don't have this problem. i don't have to think about not wasting a charge every second with them

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
  • Laughter in ravager does not function at all. I thought torc fixed this but it doesn't work for dragonlord
  • do you like pain and I like pain in ravager do not work, even though they used to work in old barb ravager (even before the torc fixes)
  • Looking into Laughter for patch.
  • The other two are fixed internally for an upcoming patch.
  • cruel cut poison DoT at 3rd tier does not apply the 1d6 and 1d6+1d6 per 10 character levels separately, the 1d6 +1d6/10 levels overrides it. the description makes it sound like they both apply. the damage also does not appear to be scaling with melee power
  • The stacking situation is intentional, we'll adjust the text.
  • I'll double check the Melee Power, it was working when we tested it before Live.
  • when the good hope spell is cast (maybe others), every tick of the aura procs the sound effect of good hope which is very annoying
We'll see what we can do about this one.
  • cruel cut con damage is completely negated by epic ward on most hits. i thought epic ward was absorb but its just flat immunity for some hits. this makes cruel cut borderline worthless as it does nothing half the time
While there's merit in a long-term discussion of Epic Ward, I don't have any immediate changes to talk about on this one.
  • dragonlord flight of kings has a small 0.5 second freeze after the animation where your character cannot move or attack. other dashes do not have this. this also only applies while on the ground, it works fine when used in the air
Interesting. What Race/Gender is your character?
  • lastly, and this is my biggest gripe about this, improved trip does not work at all. right now I am level 21 with 91 trip DC and it is failing to land on level 20 quests on epic elite. for reference, my sunder DC of 55 is landing 95% of the time on reaper 2. in addition, improved trip says it is a reflex, but it is not. my testing shows it is a balance save. also, all trips are supposed to be str/dex saves, which it is for monsters. for players, nearly all trips are balance checks due to a bug that has been in the game for years. with monsters having 100+ balance by level 20, and probably over 150 by cap, how are we expected to get those DCs? the balance DC should be reasonable. the fact that the best tactics character in the game cannot land a trip on a level 20 elite kobold is just sad. this problem isn't even on monsters with multiple legs. this is on 2 legged enemies like humans, orcs, hobgoblins, etc. This is why nobody uses trip or the great leveler. it is physically impossible to get the required DC. if you would like me to post screenshots of this bug in action I can. improved trip should be str/dex save for players, but it only is for monsters. for players it is balance and thus useless. I have tested the required DC at cap, and my DC of 155 is not working on many of the mobs in vecna on elite. this does not feel right or fair.
We'll take a look at Improved Trip.
  • the trance does not recharge a charge when using the dragon breath very much. the proc rate is very very low, to the point where I can use the trance multiple times before I get a proc. the proc rate should probably be much higher as the other trances with charges don't have this problem. i don't have to think about not wasting a charge every second with them
The current balance of recharging is intentional, but we'll be keeping eyes on it if it needs changed in the future.

pevergreen

If its related/of interest, i have no gfx on the dragonlord leap as male shadar kai.
Expected draconic wings like the t5 draconic leap

Kitty2Meow

Interesting. What Race/Gender is your character?

Female Deep Gnome has the same 0.5s freeze as well after using Flight of Kings

Epicsoul

I've been testing the current recharge rate, and I agree that it feels a tad on the low side, perhaps around 20 percent. While I haven't encountered any major issues maintaining the buff while leveling, I'm a bit apprehensive about longer quests or raids where trash mobs aren't constantly present.

I haven't had the chance to test if the recharge occurs without a target, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it does. However, it would definitely be an improvement if the recharge chance could be bumped up to around 30-33 percent. On the other hand, it could already be the same recharge rate as Deadly Instincts and the longer cooldown of Dragon's Roar versus Diving Attack makes it feel like it's less.

Speed

Me and my friend are sometimes seeing white rectangle under Dragon Lords instead of correct circle I guess: https://ibb.co/5TG35g0
Some look fine (currently noticed only green displaying properly).

seph1roth5

Wing vfx are awesome though. My main is a dragonborn right now and his wings are just a wonky dash. Yeah it's "memories" of flight, but not looking for real wings to bust out, just...ethereal ones!

Fleming

My guildy is playing a pure DL (Dwarf) and says that the T5 Ravager Blood Strength provides no healing, either on hit or on kill.

Actually I rolled up an iconic (Bladeforged) to test this, I got no healing either. Tested in Gianhold wilderness at L15 (14DL).

BananaHat

Flight of Kings does not consistently give the action boost bonus to movement speed. It seems to only give it randomly as I have not noticed any patterns yet of when it will work.

pevergreen

Flight of Kings does not consistently give the action boost bonus to movement speed. It seems to only give it randomly as I have not noticed any patterns yet of when it will work.
Hoping its purely lag related. Likewise, I've not noticed any consistency in when it fails or succeeds.

Vox

Steel, why does DL aura completely cancel out/nullify good hope? (at least, per aura refresh)

I understand it overwrites part of it (moral bonus to damage afaik), but this is not the limit of what good hope does.

glass_jaws

Reckless Devotion healing doesn't seem to be scaling. It's been around 30-40 healing since level 20 for me on allies. It doesn't seem to benefit from positive healing amp, or melee power.

Silvorn

Playing a dragonlord. Wearing bracers with heroism on them . Bard cast good hope on me. Constantly get floaty image like the spell is being cast. Remove the bracers and it goes away.