Mystery Helmet

Elminster

gnGvZgl.jpg

Which helmet and armor is this? Thank you.

Aelonwy

That is from my thread here https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/aelonwys-random-gen-worth-mirroring-2-0.255/

Both items are entirely random gen. The armor is random gen chainmail, in particular Elven Chainmail but no worries the appearance is still part of regular random gen chainmails.

I have noticed recently that getting a random gen helm with anything other than the default color is increasingly rare. The default color of this scale and horn helm is grey. I do NOT know why helms are generating almost entirely in the default color nor if there is some pattern like particular level range for colors or particular quest chains. I am only certain that while I try on all armors and cloaks and helms before I sell or deconstruct them that I almost never see a helm in unusual colors anymore. The same goes for the upper accessory layer of robes... 1 in 10 has a color other than default white/grey/beige.

Elminster

That is from my thread here https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/aelonwys-random-gen-worth-mirroring-2-0.255/

Both items are entirely random gen. The armor is random gen chainmail, in particular Elven Chainmail but no worries the appearance is still part of regular random gen chainmails.

I have noticed recently that getting a random gen helm with anything other than the default color is increasingly rare. The default color of this scale and horn helm is grey. I do NOT know why helms are generating almost entirely in the default color nor if there is some pattern like particular level range for colors or particular quest chains. I am only certain that while I try on all armors and cloaks and helms before I sell or deconstruct them that I almost never see a helm in unusual colors anymore. The same goes for the upper accessory layer of robes... 1 in 10 has a color other than default white/grey/beige.
Very interesting...

Have you ever seen a white cloak with yellow or gold trim on the edges? Do you think that it might be random gen?

Aelonwy

I suppose its possible for a white cloak with a yellow border to randomly generate... but I can't say if I've ever seen a yellow cloak or a cloak that's even partially yellow in random gen.

So far I've seen in random gen cloaks (either solid or in combo):
White
Black
Hot Pink
Scarlet Red
Dark Red
Blue
Green
Lavender
Dark Purple

I don't think I've ever seen yellow, orange, brown (there is a named one though), light green, or light blue in random gen cloaks, and you can forget about any metallic. I do try on all my random gen cloaks but its possible I haven't looted a color that is available just rare. It was awhile before I realized there were two shades of red in random gen. I had to get a cloak that had both simultaneously.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
That might be

Cosmetic Headwear: Ornate Helm - Black & Gold​

from the ddo store.

I wish they still had the preview button...
Not quite, I'm afraid. That looks more like a Roman soldier's helmet - there's a picture here: Ornate Helm - Black and Gold.

(As it happens I've just written a guide on how to find pictures of the cosmetic items from the Store on the DDO Wiki - see this post. Obviously it's not quite as helpful since you can't view how it looks on your own character or spin it around, but at least you can actually check what the item looks like.)

Also, does anyone know which helmet this is?

defense2_zps1690f6ac.jpg
On that note I'm afraid I've run through the named and cosmetic helmets and this doesn't seem to match any of them, which suggests this is also a random-gen item.

Mustardseed

I was wondering if that could look a bit different than the wiki screenshot, because the picture shows a warforged? Maybe someone from Defense Guild could chime in... :)

Elminster

Not quite, I'm afraid. That looks more like a Roman soldier's helmet - there's a picture here: Ornate Helm - Black and Gold.

(As it happens I've just written a guide on how to find pictures of the cosmetic items from the Store on the DDO Wiki - see this post. Obviously it's not quite as helpful since you can't view how it looks on your own character or spin it around, but at least you can actually check what the item looks like.)

On that note I'm afraid I've run through the named and cosmetic helmets and this doesn't seem to match any of them, which suggests this is also a random-gen item.
It's the coolest freakin' helm in the game imho.

Elminster

I was wondering if that could look a bit different than the wiki screenshot, because the picture shows a warforged? Maybe someone from Defense Guild could chime in... :)
Actually, dang you're correct.

Super Zoom in and you can kinda make out the WF eyes. It's the ornate helm just from a slightly higher camera angle with a dark/grey WF face.

BTW, I know there's a matching armor set for the
https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ornate_Helm_-_Black_and_Gold ... what's it called?