Named item drop rate shadow nerfed?

Onyxia2016

I have noticed over the past several weeks that the drop rate of named items across all content has been severely reduced.
This goes for wilderness as well as quests.

Below are the item counts per area (all wilderness rare's and sagas) for the entire group. All quests run on R1 at level and wilderness areas within 2 levels.
Feywild - 2 items
IoD - 2 items
Ravenloft - 3 items
Cogs - 1 item
Sharn 1 & 2 - 3 items
Vecna - 2 items (reliquary weapons)

I looked back over the release notes from Oct to present and did not see any mention of a nerf. If memory serves it would have been the first part of Nov when I first noticed something was off but I only actually started recording the drops over the last couple weeks.

So either me and the entire group did something to severely piss off the RNG gods or there was an undocumented change to the drop rates.
I am betting it was the latter.

Now begs the question was this an accident or is it WAI, also why no mention in the release notes?

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
You are not on an unlucky streak.

There is a bug with droprates.

The devs have been informed, and I hope they resolve it ASAP once they return from their winter break.

I'm personally taking a break from the game since November due to said bug.

songswrath

Try a different toon. My main never pulls and boosted gear. But my alts do. There is got to be something to that.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
The drops rates have been reduced most likely due to a bug.

Devs should have plenty of feedback already on this so after the new year I'm sure it'll be taken care of. I recommend you save any shard rerolls as they'll be wasted.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
The nature of the issue guarantees it is a bug.
Just hope enough people sent feedback to get the attention of Devs when they come back from vacation. I say this because they'll most likely be dredging through a ton of emails and feedback nonsense due to the prolonged away time.

Onyxia2016

Ok so not just me, that's good to know.
While remaining hopeful this bug gets addressed I can't help but wonder if it was not planned behind the scene. :unsure:

Think how much more time you will run the same content over and over looking for that one piece of gear. Instead of the group running a few times to get someone a specific piece now they will be running it dozens of times. One way to get folks playing without needed to do anything new development wise.

Damn, I am getting cynical in my old age.

Steeme

I have noticed no issue with drop rates running R4 legendary sagas. Plenty of items seem to drop in all content as usual with a normal amount of variance. After each saga run I have to take the time to burn items for sentience or move them to the shared bank, and of course the space is filling up.

Wilderness drop rate is 10% I believe, so you will see much fewer drops compared to R+ questing which is 33% + 1% per skull.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
I would never notice a drop rate nerf.

On my characters running elite/reaper I generally see 1 item per 10 chests that can drop a named item.

Steeme

Did the Vecna chain LR4 this afternoon (the first three quests I already finished yesterday), and figured I might as well screenshot the drops from the remainder of this saga.

Here is the Imgur link with 15 images

The screenshots include the windows calendar so you can see the natural progression of when the items were looted. I ran the quests in my normal sequence, with four accounts at the same time - however I don't bother running the other accounts to the end chest if it's far away. If the chest is right at the entrance I get four pulls.

Summary:
6 named items
2 named augments
3 artifacts (boots)
5 reliquary weapons (3 of them were the same blessed sceptre, all pulled in the last chest)

I estimate 28 total named chest pulls:
2 for bark and the blade (my bard sticks with the doggy while my main clears the quest, so both end up at the chest)
1 for Lady Illmarrow
4 for the trials quest
4 for the deva and demon quest
2 for the hand and the eye quest
2 for vecna denied
4 for party 101
4 for erryn riston's dream
4 for the devil's contract one
1 for the lost pages in the wererat tunnels

6 named items / 28 pulls is just over 21% drop rate for this run

Expected drop rate would be 37% but of course there is a high variance with RNG. I have had worse runs but also much better runs.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
To be taken seriously, 28 chest pulls isn't gonna do it.

Do like 1,000 chest pulls and come back with some results.

Steeme

To be taken seriously, 28 chest pulls isn't gonna do it.

Do like 1,000 chest pulls and come back with some results.

Typically the individuals claiming something is broken are required to provide the proof, not the other way around.