Need help with Warlock.

Yot9

I am really trying to make my Warlock work but just can't seem to make him good. I started with trying to go hybrid Tainted Scholar and Soul Eater where I got the level 12 Enhancements from Soul Eater but the level 40 one from Tainted Scholar for maximum crits and the Eldritch Wave SLA (since it seems better than Eldrtich Ball). This didn't provide great results... He was dealing no damage and dying to slight breezes. I tried going into the level 12 Enhancements for Tainted Scholar for better CC DCs and while it does help he still deals no damage (even less now) and dies super easily. I am level 20 with the Shiradi Champion Destiny as a focus (since I already use the Draconic one with another character and it's kind of boring) but I have to use Rejuvenation Cocoon otherwise I can't last long. I am playing a Tiefling Acolyte of the Skin for RP reasons but am not investing into it's Enhancement tree other than the bare minimum since it seems kind of bad.

What should I do? Can anyone recommend a good Warlock build? How much should I prioritize DCs as opposed to damage? Are the Warlock SLAs any good? How important are Damage boosting Metamagics (since only the SLAs benefit from them)? Almost all of the builds online seem to be in a website that isn't available anymore...

Thank you.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I'm not looking for a super optimal reaper build. A lot of that build seems to be optimized for a game mode I don't play... I am looking for something decent but not built around high tier Reaper playstyle.
Solid builds are solid. You just dial back the build a bit and it'll work well on a 1st lifer (I think there's an old build out there somewhere of Ying's with the trees set already for a 1st lifer). Warlocks are pretty easy to cookie cutter for tiefling setups, racial tree for immunity strip, grab cone from SE, grab more damage from tainted.

but I have to use Rejuvenation Cocoon otherwise I can't last long
Use stanch to keep temp HP going and shouldn't need much in the ways of heals.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
'm not looking for a super optimal reaper build. A lot of that build seems to be optimized for a game mode I don't play... I am looking for something decent but not built around high tier Reaper playstyle.
I kinda of understand what you're saying, been playing Warlocks Blasters for Racials. Last two lifes dabbled in Iconic Morninglord for the toogle, so went AotS/Cleric 18/2. Since you're pure Warlock, you will need to get Medium Armor proficiency using a feat and get some form ot Spell Agility to counter the spell arcane failure. (Or not use Flamecleansed Fury set)

With that build I'm being able to solo R1 all the way 15-30. Isn't top end, but has enough DPS/Defences and Self Heal to not die ease.

My advice is: Soul Eater is a third to last priority. Just use for 25% Fortification and to cast Consume to have some more movement speed and aply some debuffs.

Focus on Tainted Scholar, spend some on AotS (I know, everyone says the archtype is trash... well if you go solo blasting not so much, has nice defensive capabilities).

Epic Destiny I recommend go Exalted Angel (Fire + Light spell power + Self Heal) + Draconic Incarnation (DCs + Spell point cost reduction + CC + lots of DPS)

Your main damage dealing is on a rotation are:

Heroic - Evards + Arcane Tempest + Chain Blast (pick stragglers with Finger of Death and Hurl throu Hell)
Epic - Burst of Glacial Wrath + Dragon Breath (some CC to mitigate incoming damage)

Tainted Scholar - Points spent: 39
Core1 Tainted Spellcasting
Tier1 Strong Pact I
Tier1 Feigned Health - 3 Ranks
Core2 Tainted Lore
Tier2 Utterdark Blast
Tier2 Eldritch Blast Shape: Chain
Tier2 Strong Pact II
Core3 Stanch
Tier3 Strong Pact III
Tier3 Ability I: +1 Charisma
Tier3 Faltering Blast
Tier3 Confusion - 1 Ranks
Tier4 Ability II: +1 Charisma
Core4 Tainted Lore
Tier4 Strong Pact IV
Tier4 Enervating Shadow
Tier4 Penetrating Blast (Important to deal with Constructs and Golems healed by fire)
Tier4 Bewitching Blast - 1 Ranks
Core5 Blood Component
Tier5 Eldritch Power
Tier5 Spell Focus: Spell Focus: Evocation
Tier5 Planar Focus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acolyte of the Skin - Points spent: 31
Core1 Fiendish Form I
Tier1 Guarded Mind
Tier1 Power of Desecration: Fire I - 3 Ranks
Core2 Fiendish Form II
Tier2 Hellish Rebuke
Tier2 Power of Desecration: Fire II - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Nightshield
Core3 Fiendish Form III
Tier3 Charisma I
Tier3 Power of Desecration: Fire III - 3 Ranks
Tier3 Devil's Bulwark I
Core4 Fiendish Form IV
Tier4 Charisma II
Tier4 Skin Adaptation
Tier4 Luck of the Gambler - 3 Ranks
Tier4 Devil's Bulwark II
Core5 Fiendish Form V
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soul Eater - Points spent: 10
Core1 Inhuman Understanding
Tier1 Consume
Tier1 Taint the Blood
Tier1 Hungry for Destruction I - 1 Ranks
Tier2 Feeding Frenzy
Tier2 Taint the Aura
Core2 Inhuman Nature
Feydark Illusionist - Points spent: 1
Core1 Find Familiar: Pseudodragon
Epic Destinies: 40 APs + 16 permanent Destiny Points
Exalted Angel - Points spent: 25
Core1 Astral Touch
Tier1 Angelic Form
Tier1 Avenging Magic: Sun Pillar
Tier1 Subtle Flame - 3 Ranks
Core2 Deepening Faith
Tier2 Divine Protection
Tier2 Angelic Body
Tier3 Angelic Spell Focus: Conjuration - 3 Ranks
Tier3 Holy Presence
Tier3 Purity of Mind and Soul - 3 Ranks
Core3 Angelic Charge
Tier3 Noble Affinity: Mass Cure Moderate Wounds
Core4 Heavenly Leap: Heavenly Wrath
Tier4 Blood and Radiance
Tier4 Angelic Soul
Draconic Incarnation - Points spent: 35
Core1 Draconic Bloodline: Draconic Bloodline: Red
Tier1 Dragon Scales - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Dragonhide - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Arcane Studies - 3 Ranks
Core2 Draconic Heritage I
Tier2 Dragon Breath: Red Dragon Breath - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Draconic Presence - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Coalescence - 3 Ranks
Core3 Elemental Blood
Tier3 Scales of the Dragon
Tier3 Daunting Roar
Tier3 Draconic Spell Focus: Evocation - 3 Ranks
Tier4 Improve Dragon Breath: Energy Burst
Core4 Draconic Heritage II
Tier5 Ruin Intensified
Tier5 Enhanced Draconic Spell Focus - 3 Ranks
Unyielding Sentinel - Points spent: 4
Core1 Unyielding
Tier1 Brace for Impact - 3 Ranks

Last edited: