Needle in a Fey Stack is painful

ChicagoChris

I just got done chasing the pre-incarnations of the pseudo-dragon in Needle and yet again, this quest devolved into "run around and look everywhere". I've gotten to the point when I run this that I do all the right things first:

1) Clear all the mobs around the potential paths of the unicorn/deer/dog/raven
2) only range the u/d/d/r - preferably when it pauses in its sprints - which is not nice as a melee :-(
3) keep track of the u/d/d/r *always* - never change the target. Not always possible to do.

But yet again, this quest bit me. When I got to the raven, it ran/flew into the water in the northeast, and in the water it rubber banded somewhere. I spent the next 30 minutes running around the quest to try and find it. Eventually, I did find it and range-killed it until it turned into the egg and could finally finish.

Please, please fix this quest - add a red dot like in the witch hunt, or have the u/d/d/r stay away from the water to prevent rubber banding. There are not a lot of quests that I despise in DDO, but this is one of them.

droid327

Yeah it's painless enough on, say, an inqui, where you can easily nuke it before it runs too far...or on a build that can CC it reliably...but my lock lives showed me how annoying it can be chasing a mob you can't hit because you're projectile based or melee range only

It needs to stop running after a certain time in each incarnation. I don't mind a little chase, but the game should never get stuck in a near-infinite gameplay loop.

Reactions: DBZ

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Or even more annoyingly, it spawns with Champ buffs and it's immune to being CC'd or Instakilled. And it zergs away faster than players tumbling with the experimental tumble controls and 200 Tumble Skill.

J1NG

Tilomere

It stops running at the same spot west of the portal, or right before the ramp down to the water near where giants spawn every time? I think you can just poke it, ddoor, and go wait for it.

Ying

5000+ hours played
but my lock lives showed me how annoying it can be chasing a mob you can't hit because you're projectile based or melee range only
Warlocks gets Web and Dimension Door, which make that quest a breeze even on hardcore as a first lifer.

Kimbere

Stuns and knockdowns are your friend vs the egg mobs in that quest.

One or two of the divine hires at that level (in heroics at least) even have soundburst, command, etc. that will help.

As Tilo mentioned, it does eventually stop running once it gets to a particular spot, so worst case scenario, you chase it to that spot, clearing trash as you go, then kill them there.

Oliphant

What you need to do is have an order of egg rolls ready so you can dig in when he say's "egg rolls out". Mwah!

The Narc

Or when it starts to rin just move away from it so it stops running and then range it from a far distance, if it moves again move again a short distance away from it.

I never have any issue on this with any missile guy, and if you are a warlock or melee, get yourself a returner.

Col Kurtz

the chase isnt to hard solo...or w a smart group

i just did it with my friend who isnt super experienced, to say it nicely;) Got pretty crazy as hes aggroing a zillion mobs cause the Raven ran further than we cleared... and we were both melee/ couldn't get a fury hit that Raven form with the mobs n lag kicking in/Raven was hopping like a blink dog. Still we got the raven after only 2-3 minutes of chaos. Was LMAO as he zerged into a huge mob at the end cave entry with a few reapers added for fun. I finishe dthe quest and came back out to slay the mobs; Victory! He couldnt find the cave entry, pizzed off more mobs and died again.... I just giggled and messaged ''guess you need to practice this quest a little;) it can be a confusing map"

But yea melee can just fury shot the forms & warlock can ruin/ g ruin ... epic is the only real challenge if things get spicy, players shouldn't be struggling at the end in that one in heroic too much.

but yea, i think we all have had a run where the darn thing just disappears , and takes 20 minutes to find

Selvera

melee have a tough time fury-shotting the forms at level 6; and cc isn't always an option to them either. Basically just lower the skulls a bit and zerg past the mobs if you don't have a good ranged in the party.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

pffft this is childs play compared to what I've seen. lets just say don't break the egg on a rock on on the log bridges because then after your 45 minutes of searching the psudodragon gets permanently stuck in them...