Nerfs have caused my husband and guildies who raid to not even want to play anymore. Thanks for ruining ddo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vryxnr

I would rather dps across the board be brought down drastically.

When this game first came out the different roles in a group were important for something as simple as dungeon crawling. Currently none of that matters. I've been part of groups where nothing, besides a red name, survives past two global cool downs in R10. We aren't playing adventure characters anymore, we are literal gods blazing our way to quest completion at a neck breaking pace.
I do prefer a game where there are more metrics to success than just DPS... however - as a counterpoint - I also remember waiting 30+ minutes for a healer to join an LFM and the group refusing to start without one, even if it meant never actually playing that night. That SUUUUCKS.

Yes, some raids still require specific roles, but in my experience there is much less waiting around and much more actual playing the game now, which imo is a good thing.

Desirdes

I never said anything like this lol trolll keep doing you because its what your good at. All I can say is read the whole thread and everyone will know the TRUTH!
I think you got confused that was responding to someone else not you. They were the ones acting like that.

Mnemor

And that is required with the quantity of quests and the quantity of past lives.
Yup. Devs have created this behavior by focusing their rewards on a disproportionate number of PLs and reaper points that require grinding too long over time.

If they want to change people's behavior, they will have to change the way they encourage people to play. At the moment people do what the game expects of them. And I very much doubt that I am wrong if I say that the devs have no intention of changing anything in that sense either.

Desirdes

Listen man I do pay their salaries so do you and everyone else... Their jobs depend on us spending money... If this game starts shedding players it will go under... It's already not noob friendly I watch tons of youtube videos where people review the game and find the learning cliff overwhelming with very little support available... We are not getting new players to replace the people who are leaving... Personally, I am super-pissed at SSG for other reasons and have lost most of my interest in this game, but this seals the deal...
Buying a product gives them money yes but that does not entitle you to anything other than what was offered for purchase and any legal agreements tied to it is what I was getting at. Also, I agree our new player experience is super lacking, when a new friend joins in I usually have to help guide them through things cause the game itself does not do it well. It is a mix of age, code spaghetti, lack of support response time, etc. Imo I am betting on the game hanging around for a while longer but if another new game came out that scratched the same itch then the game would die super quick. The game needs some fundamental overhauls if they want to last long term tbh.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I do prefer a game where there are more metrics to success than just DPS... however - as a counterpoint - I also remember waiting 30+ minutes for a healer to join an LFM and the group refusing to start without one, even if it meant never actually playing that night. That SUUUUCKS.

Yes, some raids still require specific roles, but in my experience there is much less waiting around and much more actual playing the game now, which imo is a good thing.
Between healing pillar, mass cure, renewal, cocoon, reborn in fire, spring to summer, consecration, heal on shout(kinda fun to take on wizard), etc., even those without heroic heal abilities can bring some punch to a raid. Without being on a class (FvS, druid, cleric, etc.) that has more heals buttons, one wouldn't be turning the difficulties up but can definitely run without dedicated heals as long as one is willing to turn the difficulty to a relative level. I've been in plenty of groups where we turn the dial back if the party composite isn't up to things; LH runs can be quite enjoyable and fun.

Buddha5440

Even though its just a video game, it can be pretty devastating facing loss of community.
If they are part of your "community" find another way to keep in touch with them. E-mail, PM's to their forum ID, phone calls (GASP!!!), meet in person (if possible), etc.

Archaic

It's nowhere near the Heavenly Presence healing Aura but now my Cleric seems locked into Radiant Servant from heroic to Epic just to conserve some spell points.
Guess it's time to go back to melee.

Reactions: DBZ

Buddha5440

While some may disagree, I agree strongly with this sentiment.

It is supposed to be a game, which may or may not be fun, but ultimately isn't supposed to be something you measure your happiness in life.
As I have said many times in the past... It's just a freakin game. :)

Enjoy it, move on, or buy controlling stock in SSG and make the changes you think are right.

Oliphant

If they are part of your "community" find another way to keep in touch with them. E-mail, PM's to their forum ID, phone calls (GASP!!!), meet in person (if possible), etc.
Oh, yeah that's going to work 100% of the time, right. People seem to have no clue there's a huge spectrum of personalities and they're valid.

Guntango

Rabid I like you but you are a bit..... just feel for the serfs from time to time. We EXIST.
Meh, conversations should be two-sided. I play Rabid’s build on a low life toon, it’s great. Maybe you should try it before you wave your hand and complain more. You might like it even better than the passive healing.

DDO Gaming

Had guildies build certain classes to perform in certain raids. Now many of our dedicated guildies and even my husband are beyond frustrated with the nerfs. Their builds are total trash now. I mean they have spent countless hours and dollars on crafting their builds they were proud of, myself included. Rolled into a babas reaper 1 with 7 guildies and a few good friends we have known for years. Has never been a problem. Beat our way to end fight were we were wiped.
The purpose of nerfs is to slow down groups so you don;t zerg. I ageree it is frustrating however I always recommend after an update to perform one run slowly to comprehend what impact any changes have to your specific builds and modify accordingly

Konsumer

So My husband and I met over 4 years ago. He got me into ddo. We played for 2.5 years building up my toon, getting her gear and TRing. Finally got to raid level, started lfm raids met all sorts of peeps, found real good friends and new gamers that we helped along the way. Built our guild up significantly. Had guildies build certain classes to perform in certain raids. Now many of our dedicated guildies and even my husband are beyond frustrated with the nerfs. Their builds are total trash now. I mean they have spent countless hours and dollars on crafting their builds they were proud of, myself included. Rolled into a babas reaper 1 with 7 guildies and a few good friends we have known for years. Has never been a problem. Beat our way to end fight were we were wiped. These are not newbs at this point, but we all tried to figure out what new garbage destiny tree to take before raiding and held our breath when we went in. So many of the players were just dying left and right because of the healing nerf and the damage reduction nerfs you guys implemented. Moral is at an all time low in our guild and with our friends and many don't even want to play again because their build is absolute garbage now. So thank you for catering to the completionist elitests and royally screwing your newer party base. I don't know if I will be able to convince our guildies and friends to continue at this point. I don't think I can. SO it was fun while it lasted but like other toxic relationships in my life you need to know when to walk away and stop waisting your time with someone that does not have your best interest at heart, only wants to hurt you and make you pay. Doubt we'll be back. Time to move on.
Spending years developing a character only to have it casually nerfed into oblivion is one of the worst feelings in DDO gameplay. It's like your time, money, and effort mean nothing. No compensation, no input on the decision, and no recognition for your loss.
The first time it happened to me I almost quit. The second time it occurred I effectively gave up on creating a semi permanent build. 2 years ago I started developing another semi permanent build. I got the end game gear farmed, used cursed cards on everything. Put in all my rare augments. Took my weapon and artifact up to it's top tier of filagrees. Farmed out reaper fragments for my helm. Acquired all the necessary past lives. Then, just as I was about to finally TR and finish the build.... dragonbreath and spells get nerfed and vastly reduced.

It sucks and is hella disrespectful to the customer.

Kimbere

Find someone that looks at you like The Narc looks at Kimbere 🤭
bFTBKNe.png

Aaabbbcccddd

The purpose of nerfs is to slow down groups so you don;t zerg. I ageree it is frustrating however I always recommend after an update to perform one run slowly to comprehend what impact any changes have to your specific builds and modify accordingly
That's just wrong nerfs are there to balance the game, as are buffs. In DDO balance is not a real problem because there is no player vs player interaction but it is still done to losen the meta, so that other abilities get some daylight as well. And it doesn't even make sense what you said because in the same patch where they "slowed down" the player, they gave the play literally 15 new or buffed tools to complete quests faster.

Drunken.dx

Between healing pillar, mass cure, renewal, cocoon, reborn in fire, spring to summer, consecration, heal on shout(kinda fun to take on wizard), etc., even those without heroic heal abilities can bring some punch to a raid. Without being on a class (FvS, druid, cleric, etc.) that has more heals buttons, one wouldn't be turning the difficulties up but can definitely run without dedicated heals as long as one is willing to turn the difficulty to a relative level. I've been in plenty of groups where we turn the dial back if the party composite isn't up to things; LH runs can be quite enjoyable and fun.
Last time I pugged baba we were supposed to run lh, but someone entered first at r1.

When we realised we decided to try seeing how far we'll get.

We completed it, rag tag bunch of randoms in pug without proper tank andbarely any communication. (not to mention lack of proper gear on multiple members of group)

So i do agree that nerfed aura was crutch for op's group if coordinated group (with heavily invested characters) wiped at something uncoordinated group did not due to single nerf.

This will sound mean but maybe someone needs to specc i to proper healer?

Last edited:

popejubal

This has happened multiple times in this game. Solution is just to tr to something else. Yes it is highly annoying but at the same time kinda funny when can't get over of a certain build that loved on a video game :)

(oh I remember you shuriken thrower who froze everything with million stars, I miss you my mm spammer shiradi caster ...)
TRing into something else is one solution. Leaving is another.

It's a lot easier to lose long term customers than it is to get new long term customers. I hope that someday SSG learns how to dial back builds and abilities that they think are overperforming so that they're viable but not overpowered instead of nerfing them into oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.