New Archetype Speculation

Which Class will the Dragon Archetype be for? as hinted in the Producer's letter.

• Fighter

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Monk

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 42 53.2%
  • Wizard

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Rogue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alchemist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Artificer

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Favored Soul

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Hey all,

I just can't seem to stay away from a mystery.... for those trying to solve.. the background image used in today's Fridays @ 4... seems like a huge hint! 3 characters, each a different type.... with possibly some very telling equipment. And it wouldn't be the first time they dropped a hint in the live stream.

A sword and shield melee decked out in silver dragonscale equipment.
A thf warrior (likely the barbarian sev dropped hints on last year).
And archer of some kind.

Don't recognize every peice of equipment. beyond what the tank is wearing and the barb's founder's helm, but stuff looks familiar.

The melee in particular... dragon themed... could be a trick but I'd guess that's supposed to be a tower shield... which probably tells us the class. ;)

image.png

Kathwynn

Personally, I hope it is a kobold.. Imagine if you will a drunken Kobold sorcerer. He will still hate you.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
I want a kobold race and like one full action bar will have kobold emptes with all the voices and lines kobolds say....

DBZ

ED pass is coming u wanted ti now your getting it

Learn to swim or get giiiiiud

I drowned along time ago for sum thing to do

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Oh yeah ED nerfs. It's a solid move on part of the Devs, there are a ton of Destiny Trees that are OP. No argument there.

Reactions: DBZ

Tlstar

I would like to see maybe genasi sorc Iconic , but any sorc Archtype would be great, except wild magic (that would be such a waste )

Justfungus

The thing to remember is Archetype (does not equal) Iconic.
2 totally different things.
So if they put out a new Archetype, it will not be a Kobold or lizardman or anything like that ... it will be a new
path for an already established class that does not yet have an Archetype.
So we are talking Alch, Arty, FS, Barb, FTR, Monk, Rog, Sorc, Wiz - one of these or maybe more than one.

Matuse

The new dragon archetype is going to be a Purple Dragon Knight fighter, because having an iconic race and an archetype class with the same name will cause so much confusion (especially for new players) that there is no way that SSG could pass it up.

droid327

The new dragon archetype is going to be a Purple Dragon Knight fighter, because having an iconic race and an archetype class with the same name will cause so much confusion (especially for new players) that there is no way that SSG could pass it up.
Lol and then you'd have to spend a +1 heart to have a pdk pdk