New Bane Weapon Ideas

Lorrgar

DDO Official Troubadour
I find it amusing, in a not so funny way, that when I get a random ooze bane weapon it does not also have some method of protection against ooze damage. I suggest adding everbright or blueshine as a required add on when the random loot table generates an ooze bane weapon. Additionally, I think if construct bane is generated the weapon should have adamantine or metalline. If I was to craft an ooze bane weapon then I would ensure it does not "break" when I use it to fight an ooze. I think this is common sense and would add to the flavor and lore of the game. Certainly, it might help make some random loot more desirable. You added some new prefixes to loot such as celebrated, honed, destroying, etc. I think the addition of a few specific bane items would be a good addition to the list.

Maybe the addition of the following would be a good place to start...These are all weapons but could also be coded on random shields.

1) Resilient (Weapon) has either ooze or greater ooze bane plus everbright or blueshine.
2) Wracked (Weapon) Named for the enhancement in rogue and artificer trees. Has construct bane plus either metalline or adamantine.
3) Greater Wracked (Weapon) as above. Has greater construct bane, aligned and metalline or adamantine. (I would make these min level 10)
4) Scourge (Weapon) Named for the asimar iconic tree. Has undead bane with holy or silver.
5) Greater Scourge (Weapon) as above. Has greater undead bane with aligned. Small chance of 3rd benefit of flametouch iron or silver. (Min level 10)
6) Planar (Weapon) Has Outsider bane combined with aligned.
7) Greater Planar (weapon) Has greater outside bane combined with aligned. Small chance to also have Silver or cold iron. (Min level 10)
8) Withering (weapon) Has greater plant and animal bane plus force or negative damage.

I hope this is considered.

Upvote 7

Broken

I find it amusing, in a not so funny way, that when I get a random ooze bane weapon it does not also have some method of protection against ooze damage. I suggest adding everbright or blueshine as a required add on when the random loot table generates an ooze bane weapon. Additionally, I think if construct bane is generated the weapon should have adamantine or metalline. If I was to craft an ooze bane weapon then I would ensure it does not "break" when I use it to fight an ooze. I think this is common sense and would add to the flavor and lore of the game. Certainly, it might help make some random loot more desirable. You added some new prefixes to loot such as celebrated, honed, destroying, etc. I think the addition of a few specific bane items would be a good addition to the list.

Maybe the addition of the following would be a good place to start...These are all weapons but could also be coded on random shields.

1) Resilient (Weapon) has either ooze or greater ooze bane plus everbright or blueshine.
2) Wracked (Weapon) Named for the enhancement in rogue and artificer trees. Has construct bane plus either metalline or adamantine.
3) Greater Wracked (Weapon) as above. Has greater construct bane, aligned and metalline or adamantine. (I would make these min level 10)
4) Scourge (Weapon) Named for the asimar iconic tree. Has undead bane with holy or silver.
5) Greater Scourge (Weapon) as above. Has greater undead bane with aligned. Small chance of 3rd benefit of flametouch iron or silver. (Min level 10)
6) Planar (Weapon) Has Outsider bane combined with aligned.
7) Greater Planar (weapon) Has greater outside bane combined with aligned. Small chance to also have Silver or cold iron. (Min level 10)
8) Withering (weapon) Has greater plant and animal bane plus force or negative damage.

I hope this is considered.
I like it

The_Apocalypse

I want to see an Annoying Bane, which would work mostly on kobolds, but also bats, wildmen, those hoppity dinosaurs, etc.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Great observation—assumes the mysterious lootgen makers are not under Xoriat influences.

You can add more layers—Smiting with adamantine, Disruption with Holy—this stuff is for heroics anyway since in epics we just hang onto our sentient stuff in all situations, sadly. I think a Keen weapon should also get increased hardness.

It is too bad there are not affixes that in scaling could be situationally attractive, like elemental vulnerability.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Flametouched iron for undead weapons

Extra hardness for eartch attuned items

maybe bring in some unexpected materials like crystal, bone or force/light in rare situations

droid327

If ooze bane always gave items the Blueshine flag, then that'd mean you could deconstruct them and still have it Blueshine. As deprecated as Cannith crafting is, I think they still might not want to hand out those blanks so easily.

I think you could just add the "does not take damage from ooze/rust" property to Ooze Bane itself, like how Incorporeal Bane also grants the Ghost Touch effect

Likewise, your Undead-beater combo affix might add the Good or Silver damage flag, but wouldnt make an item actual Flametouched Iron or Silver