New Coffer prices—Is this a mistake?

Memnir

As a recovering large aquatic-mammal, I will be spending my money elsewhere.
Mary mentioned above that Diablo 4 just came out, and I am enjoying it greatly. The cosmetics in that game look fantastic, across the board - and when I decide to spend optional monies - that game is likely going to be the recipient for quite some time. The Underdark Package (or whatever it's called) is a step in the right direction, imho. But, I think that this is perhaps priced too high - money SSG has disincentivized me to spend due to being burned in the past on defacatory offers (looking at you Season Pass).

Yeah, SSG needs to make money... but oftentimes you can make more by charging slightly less. $80 for what is on offer (beacause I wouldn't even think about buying any package without the mount), is far too high in my questionably humble opinion.

YMMV, and thank you for supporting the game.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
I would like a patron pack that the community gets to vote on or help design,
Same here. I think that would be a better approach for the next go-around.

Also I was under the impression, based on one of Sevs Q&A sessions from a few months ago, that they were going to be adding battle passes to the game. Was this supposed to be the DDO equivalent or was this a separate thing?

Either way, I hope they take your idea into consideration.

Tyrande

But if if I supposedly have 80$ in my pocket. Would I rather spent the money on 3x 3D movies like the Dungeons & Dragons: Honor among thieves movie plus Guardians of the Galaxy Part III plus that Shazam part II movie, ...
OR
buy Diablo IV: Ultimate edition (with a discount coupon)...
OR
buy Starfield (like some other poster said)...

Rather than those slots and mounts which my character(s) may or may not need?

Cheeps

Tired Member
Well, if I shut off my internet services for three months, I'll save enough money to buy the coffer! (y)

Nah, I'm not doing that.

No value to be found getting the coffer at that price.

Ahpuch

The coffer only starts to look reasonably priced because of the extra bank slots included. But when one remembers that the bank slots are horribly over priced, then obviously the coffer package again looks ridiculously over priced.

The break down someone did where the value of like elements came to around 9000 points is instructive. For a bundle of this size I would expect the savings to be far more than 10% from getting the items individually. Priced at 4500 to 6000 would be far more reasonable (30% - 50% off) and I would lean to the lower number because, again, those bank slots should be a lot cheaper at regular price.

YeeboF

The coffer only starts to look reasonably priced because of the extra bank slots included. But when one remembers that the bank slots are horribly over priced, then obviously the coffer package again looks ridiculously over priced.

The break down someone did where the value of like elements came to around 9000 points is instructive. For a bundle of this size I would expect the savings to be far more than 10% from getting the items individually. Priced at 4500 to 6000 would be far more reasonable (30% - 50% off) and I would lean to the lower number because, again, those bank slots should be a lot cheaper at regular price.
What, you don't think it's reasonable to charge $20 for the hard drive space it takes to assign a player ten extra rows in a csv file?

Br4d

There's nothing in this package that you need to play the game. That makes it food for whales and as long as they're willing to support the game by consuming it I'm all for that.

SSG has to make money and when another AAA title is what most people are spending their monthly gaming funds on it's a very good thing that SSG has a fallback to get more people to spend money on DDO.