New store interface feedback

Owlbear

Or just type 'anti-' instead...
That doesn't change the bad search user interface... if you need more examples: If you want to find a Sharn Guest pass and you typ Sharn in the search it only shows "Grip of the Hidden Hand Adventure Pack". You need to click another tab, that is again at another location then the previous categories. It's just over complicating stuff with too much clicks. Just show me all the relevant items when I search on "Sharn". It's not a search option if it still makes you search for the items.
yzhK0xe.jpg

Genkiba

That doesn't change the bad search user interface... if you need more examples: If you want to find a Sharn Guest pass and you typ Sharn in the search it only shows "Grip of the Hidden Hand Adventure Pack". You need to click another tab, that is again at another location then the previous categories. It's just over complicating stuff with too much clicks. Just show me all the relevant items when I search on "Sharn". It's not a search option if it still makes you search for the items.
yzhK0xe.jpg
Type in 'guest'...

Owlbear

Type in 'guest'...
"guest" and "sharn" as search terms should both be showing the Sharn Guest Pass right away in search results. And it doesn't. That's what makes it bad design. It's inconsistent in showing search results. Sure there are alternatives, but that doesn't take away the flaw in the system.

Genkiba

Either term should work.
If one doesn’t, SSG may just lose a sale.

Despite there being a work-around, it is still in their best interest to provide a better-designed customer interface.
MM3 has beholders. Grip of the Hidden Hand is a Sharn adventure.

They both work. Just some seem averse to an extra click.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
Removing extra clicks when searching makes it easier for SSG to increase sales—plain and simple.
A company that wants consumer dollars should remove the hurdles for the consumer.

Ahpuch

Adding to the new store feedback ...

What is with the "Too many requests, slow down" message? I go to re-open* the store window that had just closed and it tells me that I should Slow Down? Its not like I am spam clicking some button. I go to the menu and click DDO Store. That takes some time. The game should open the window and make the requests to the store when feasible. Don't tell me to slow down and demand that I re-navigate the menu system. What kind of interface is that?

*A quick digression on "re-open". Why does the store window close when I close a different window (ie quest journal, xp report, inventory, etc) or when my character leashes? Is there really a need for that? And if there is a need to close it then don't give this "slow down" as if I am the problem when I go open it again. And the first time you go to the store menu after it closes on you it tries to close the store so you need to use the menu twice to get to the store to open. But don't do that too fast.

In this case, I was dead when I opened the store and then my character leashed (yeah I was trying to buy a Rez Cake, don't judge) and I needed to reopen the store window. I go through the menu (twice!) and I get this message. I try a few more times. I am guessing that retrying was extending some timer even though I wasn't actually making any requests. Because this message kept popping up. In the end, I decided to do as requested, I released, logged off and went to bed. Never bought that rez cake.

geltril

Just doing something as simple as augment shopping is a nightmare. Im a newbie so I would like to be able to hover over something and get a brief destription instead of having to click on it and then when I go back, it resets almost everything(like priced highest to lowest), and I have to start all over. Very painfully clunky system. Its horrible.

Do people like the new store interface and am I alone in finding clunky? The store interface has some improvements but over all appears worse than the previous implementation.

• The special on the right takes up useful space and is useless once you have purchased or determined that you don't want to purchase the special.
  • Listing items in tiles is awkward as you now need to scan both left/right and up/down to find the item you want as opposed to a list that you can just scroll up/down.
  • The tiles seem large and clunky and waste space. Personally I dislike the size of the icons. Icons may help to distinguish between different items (ie an XP Pot vs a hireling) but that level of identification is handled by the sub category and filter. A page of 15 identical XP pots does not help. A page of 15 hireling images doesn't help as I don't know what the level 12 cleric looks like to differentiate it from the level 11 cleric.
  • History no longer appears to include favor granted points.
  • Not certain why adding to favorites takes so long and needs a progress bar?
  • Overall the new interface seems clunky and dated. The old nested menus had issues but you drilled down to what you wanted in the menu. Now you select a category go to the top center and pick a sub category and then filter. It seems like more mousing around to find things.

On the positive
  • Hirelings are now sorted.

Yeah,
* It's super clunky.
* It's super slow.
* The items are arranged in tiles so you can't just scan vertically like you do in every successful retail website and app.
* It has lots of wasted space.
* It's nags you with the specials.
* It has three different vertical scroll bars in the same window.
* It can't preview cosmetics.
* It doesn't save the previous search options or page.
* The item tile is full of empty space while lacking key information like ML and you have to load another page to read the description.
* If you open your character sheet or inventory window over the store window and then close the character sheet or inventory, the store window closes for no good reason.

There was nothing very wrong with the form and function of the previous version, it just needed some polish. This is yet another example of the powers that be trying to reinvent the wheel for the sake of marketing pizazz, "originality," keepin' it "fresh" :LOL:

DDO Gaming

Do people like the new store interface and am I alone in finding clunky? The store interface has some improvements but over all appears worse than the previous implementation.

• The special on the right takes up useful space and is useless once you have purchased or determined that you don't want to purchase the special.
  • Listing items in tiles is awkward as you now need to scan both left/right and up/down to find the item you want as opposed to a list that you can just scroll up/down.
  • The tiles seem large and clunky and waste space. Personally I dislike the size of the icons. Icons may help to distinguish between different items (ie an XP Pot vs a hireling) but that level of identification is handled by the sub category and filter. A page of 15 identical XP pots does not help. A page of 15 hireling images doesn't help as I don't know what the level 12 cleric looks like to differentiate it from the level 11 cleric.
  • History no longer appears to include favor granted points.
  • Not certain why adding to favorites takes so long and needs a progress bar?
  • Overall the new interface seems clunky and dated. The old nested menus had issues but you drilled down to what you wanted in the menu. Now you select a category go to the top center and pick a sub category and then filter. It seems like more mousing around to find things.

On the positive
  • Hirelings are now sorted.
It is clunkier but items are more clearly visible. However with such a small development team I'm not sure about the wisdom of allocating resources to it. Was the old DDO store so disastrous that an all new DDO store needed creating? Especially one that seems to have created new problems for gamers?