Nightrevel Clicky Candies

Kino

Almond-Coated Shadow Apple
+5 Festive Bonus to Melee, Ranged Power and Universal Spell Power for 20 seconds.

Darkswirl Caramel Bite
+10 Festive Bonus to PRR for 20 seconds.

Almond Shadow-Spice Candy
+10 Festive Bonus to MRR for 20 seconds.

Sweet Cinnamon Cloud
+5 Festive bonus to dodge (doesn't say how long)

All disappear sometime in 2024
All have 2 min cooldown

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Guh... wow I'm already sour on this event and haven't even had the chance to play it yet ! Sounds like I'll be farming for some upgrades to some existing stuff and probably call it at that. They really screwed this up.

Ahpuch

Guh... wow I'm already sour on this event and haven't even had the chance to play it yet ! Sounds like I'll be farming for some upgrades to some existing stuff and probably call it at that. They really screwed this up.
As in past years, Its good for some fast leveling XP for TR train chars . You wont really care if you get ingredients to get something useful or not.

And 20 seconds duration? No thanks on these clickies.

axel15810

Those 20 second durations make the items very different this time around. I'll still get the melee power one, but if the animation isn't fast then it'll probably be more hassle than it's worth to use it if it's only 5 melee power. Can't see myself bothering with the defensive ones since it's only a 20 second duration.

Dragavon

5 melee power for 20 seconds, and it takes 2 seconds to drink the potion so you get 18 seconds of a buff you will not notice.

The damage you loose from not attacking when drinking the potion is way more than you gain from the buff.

A complete and utter waste of time, I am so dissappointed with this years Night Revels :cry:

Last edited:
The new candies don't even taste like sadness. More like nothing at all. What a waste of time in even making them.

I checked the wiki for the effects on the old versions of the candy:

Almond-Coated Shadow Apple
Provides a +5 Festive Bonus to Melee Power, and Ranged Power, and a +10 Festive Bonus to Universal Spell Power for 1 hour.

This Candy will expire and disappear near the end of 2019. Until then, it can be used infinitely, with a 2 hour cooldown between uses.

Darkswirl Caramel Bite
Provides a +5 Festive Bonus to Physical Resistance and Magical Resistance for 1 hour.

Sweet Cinnamon Cloud
Provides a Festive Bonus to Dodge equal to your Listen score for 1 hour.

Almond Shadow-Spice Candy caster level 10
Fires a flaming pumpkin at your enemies, applying 5 stacks of Fire Vulnerability and then dealing 1d3 Fire Damage per caster level (scales with Spell Power) to all nearby enemies. This item is treated like a Staff, using your own caster level if it is higher. Cooldown: 10 minutes.

axel15810

5 melee power for 20 seconds, and it takes 2 seconds to drink the potion so you get 18 seconds of a buff you will not notice.

The damage you loose from not attacking when drinking the potion is way more than you gain from the buff.

A complete and utter waste of time, I am so dissappointed with this years Night Revels :cry:
I really am not a fan of such short durations on clickies like this unless it's a huge boost. Atleast make them 30 seconds. If there's zero casting animation (such as divine might or haste boost) then it's a lot more bearable. But for minor buffs like this the hassle/clicky management vs. character benefit ratio is really unfavorable.

Spook

Yeah I agree we want more quality of life changes and these short term buffs are the wrong way - they arent fun to press and dont give a meaningful benefit.

Imo short term buffs should be minimum 1 minute with the exception of action boosts (and even then there are only a few worth pressing)

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
If you do not feel the candies are your flavor of choice this year, I would strongly advise not spending time farming for them nor spending the candies you have on them! It sounds like many of you would prefer to do something else with that time and those ingredients this time around, and the very best thing you can do in that situation is follow that gut instinct. Flavors may be different next time around. ;)

wdhvenrick

If you do not feel the candies are your flavor of choice this year, I would strongly advise not spending time farming for them nor spending the candies you have on them! It sounds like many of you would prefer to do something else with that time and those ingredients this time around, and the very best thing you can do in that situation is follow that gut instinct. Flavors may be different next time around. ;)
Maybe you shouldn't have made them garbage flavored?

They should atleast last 1 minute. 1 minute up, 1 minute down.

EDIT: also you should be able to eat them all without consequence. My character survived silver flame pots, and those funny yugo pots, and eating brawnpits stew. Yet candy makes my tummy hurt?

Last edited:

Spook

Or we could provide feedback on why we dont like them in the hopes that in the future it may result in changes that we like better. The buffs themselves are fine - small enough to not be mandatory. The uptime is fine I would prefer 50/50 like in previous years but no big deal. But they are so inconvenient to use - and as others have said due to the animation is probably a dps loss unless used as a pre-pot.