Nimble Fingers: -50% Induction Time for "Using"

droid327

I just think it'd be a nice QOL feature for builds that can fit it. Being able to pull levers, open doors, chests, etc. in half time would add up to a lot of saved seconds. Its already got some value for Shadowdancer, so this would create more shared value for both.

Upvote 6

Xgya

I'd love for some of the feats left behind to get some love.
This gives it utility instead of sheer oomph, which means I like the idea even more.

seph1roth5

I suggested a quicker use time as part of a vip perk, but I'd be happy if everyone got it. So many things just take TOO long for no reason other than to slow us down.

I get if it's part of an objective, like pulling out the weapon in haunted halls slooooowly while you get jumped. But even searching should really be twice as fast.

Dunspartacus

Love that idea, and honestly it would be great if a lot of those old skill feats could get some more juice to make them not entirely rubbish. Got me thinking on what they could do to improve some others and came up with a few ideas:

Acrobat could give +1 tumble charges for when that system comes out.
Alertness could give faster searching speeds and/or greater range on detection.
Athletic could give like 1% dodge or lower armor check penalty something.
Negotiator could get faster cooldowns on linguistic skills.
Self Sufficient could just give some universal amps.
Stealthy could get some sneaking speed bonus.

Admittedly I still doubt I'd take any of those on most characters so maybe they could be tuned higher, but it would be nice to see a lot of old, un-used feats get something to at least give them some chance at having a home.

droid327

Love that idea, and honestly it would be great if a lot of those old skill feats could get some more juice to make them not entirely rubbish. Got me thinking on what they could do to improve some others and came up with a few ideas:

Acrobat could give +1 tumble charges for when that system comes out.
Alertness could give faster searching speeds and/or greater range on detection.
Athletic could give like 1% dodge or lower armor check penalty something.
Negotiator could get faster cooldowns on linguistic skills.
Self Sufficient could just give some universal amps.
Stealthy could get some sneaking speed bonus.

Admittedly I still doubt I'd take any of those on most characters so maybe they could be tuned higher, but it would be nice to see a lot of old, un-used feats get something to at least give them some chance at having a home.

These are some great ideas, but yeah...I wouldnt want to start overlapping with combat stats like Dodge, I think it'd be better if they focused on stats that werent already widely available, but you could definitely do:

Acrobat: +1 Tumble charge and 20% faster recharge
Athletic: 10% runspeed (and maybe change Barb to autogrant it at L1 instead of unique 10% runspeed, if stacking was an issue)
Self Suff: Reduces the self-heal penalty in Reaper by half (ok maybe that one's a pipe dream lol). Could be "only when soloing" too, which includes hirelings
Combat Casting: -10% ASF
Stealthy: Enemies must succeed twice at Spot or Listen checks to detect you while sneaking (ie Slippery Mind for stealth)

saekee

long live ROGUE
How about the speed one disables/opens locks affected by how easily one does it? I can see a DC 110 trap taking a few seconds, but the same trapper should be able to breeze a DC 80 one, like an obvious bear trap

droid327

How about the speed one disables/opens locks affected by how easily one does it? I can see a DC 110 trap taking a few seconds, but the same trapper should be able to breeze a DC 80 one, like an obvious bear trap

That sounds like it should just be a universal mechanic, though :)

Like induction time is some base value, modified by the ratio between your skill and the trap/lock's DC

Then Nimble Fingers might give -20% base time for DD/OL...but I think it should still be -50% for non-skill-based, common object interactions (chests, doors, levers, etc.)