Ninjaspy : Poison exploit

SunTzu

Ninjaspy's ability
  • Poison Exploit: On a failed saving throw, your Touch of Despair finisher purges an enemy of Ninja Poison, dealing 1d10 + 10 poison damage per stack of Ninja Poison removed. Scales with higher of Melee/Ranged Power.
does Nothing, when I turn on the toggle, and touch of despair on melee target mob.
Checked the target mob have some ninja poison stacks.

Does someone have successive proc of poison exploit? Or just another bug?

* And why sting of ninja proc only on crit?
Why Dark Imbuement of shadowdancer have internal cooltime??
When imbue damage does 25d8+ damage on EVERY HIT.

Ninjaspy is so bad even after buff.

Last edited:

SunTzu

• Ninja Spy
    • Diversion now grants +5 to Assassinate DCs when active.
    • Shadow Double Tier 5 now grants +5 Assassinate DCs when active.
    • Crippling Strike Tier 5 now grants +3 Assassinate DCs.
    • Critical Multiplier in Core 20 moves to Core 18.
    • Flash Bang and Touch of Death now factor in Assassinate bonuses.
    • Poison Exploits now scales with higher of Melee/Ranged Power.
    • Deadly Exploits is now fixed, is 1 rank 2AP, causes your poison exploit to deal double damage, and scales with higher of melee/ranged power.

Fisto Mk I

So, this ninjaspy tree for melee need much more changes. Your post proved it. Period.
If you wanna do it melee - sure. Just... why? We already have 2 melee monk tree, i think upgrade it to modern (like Sacred Fist) may be mush better. Leave ranged tree as ranged and do it more ranged! 8)

Fisto Mk I

Imbue part proc on hit, bonus part proc on crit, exactly like Lighting the Candle or Force Arrows. Other imbues not have bonus part and proc on hit only. So, what wrong you see here?

Tuxedomanwashere

Ninjaspy's ability
  • Poison Exploit: On a failed saving throw, your Touch of Despair finisher purges an enemy of Ninja Poison, dealing 1d10 + 10 poison damage per stack of Ninja Poison removed. Scales with higher of Melee/Ranged Power.
does Nothing, when I turn on the toggle, and touch of despair on melee target mob.
Checked the target mob have some ninja poison stacks.

Does someone have successive proc of poison exploit? Or just another bug?

Why Dark Imbuement of shadowdancer have internal cooltime??
When imbue damage does 25d8+ damage on EVERY HIT.

Ninjaspy is so bad even after buff.
Haven't tested it myself yet, but I have a few questions.
1) I assume the creatures you tried using it on can take poison damage, correct?
2) Did the Touch of Despair debuff actually land on the monster you used it against?
3) When you hit them with Touch of Despair, did it clear all stacks of the poison?
4) Have you tried Poison Exploit with Deadly Exploits?

Questions 1 and 2 relate to the applicability of the damage while questions 3 and 4 deal with whether it's a matter of just the damage not being registered or the entire effect not registering.

Svirfneblin

It sure would be nice if ninjas finally bug fixed brought up-to-date and made melee viable. ninja is more than just chucking stars around!!

saekee

long live ROGUE
It struck me always that poison exploit was countintuitive. Aren’t you helping someone by removing the poison? It should do extra damage while leaving the stacks in place.

Poison imbue should scale 200% with melee power which btw is not in that tree at all

There should be some other effect from the poison stacks, like slowing enemy attack and movement speed with each stack, and decreasing their melee/ranged/spell power. Every DoT tick should necessity a save against paralysis with increasing DC based on stacks.

Tilomere

Maybe try drow 200% scaling imbue with dark finishers/spray to stack ninja poison on bosses. Then you have doubled damage and 200% scaling, which is effectively 500% scaling?

Hmm, handwraps could do the same thing though with three points in NiS.

misterski

You are supposed to use drow 200% scaling imbue with dark finishers/spray to stack ninja poison on bosses. Then you have doubled damage and 200% scaling, which is effectively 500% scaling, putting ninjas as a top melee dps.

Hmm, handwraps could do the same thing though with a dozen points in NiS.
Wait, the poison ability is separate from the ninja spy imbue? It doesn't read that way but that is interesting.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Wait, the poison ability is separate from the ninja spy imbue? It doesn't read that way but that is interesting.
No Tilo was saying to get the stacks on mobs by using other means than Sting (Core Poison Darts and Poisoned Soul finisher) but use a poison imbue like the Drow one (or assassin tree). Then you have a better scaling poison imbue being buffed by ninja spy poison stacks.

It would be difficult to setup since the stacks from those two attacks are minor-- 1-8 from Poison Darts with a long cooldown and a slow increase in stacks over 30 sec. But what you could do is have Sting active until you get the stacks up to 20, then maintain them with Poisoned Soul. So get them to 20, then activate Venomed Blades instead of Sting. Then you have better scaling (200% melee power) that is being enhanced by 100% vulnerability. I think that makes 400% scaling not 500%, but still very good--a kind of super vulnerability.

Then the next step is to stack up lots of imbue dice. If you did 2 rogue instead of drow for venomed blades, that also nets you 3 imbue dice, then you have the Henshin cores. You lose the capstone but if a melee you would probably want Vistani anyway. And run out of AP.

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
Anyone know if Ninja Spy Enhancement Deadly Exploits also increase damage from poison stacks from Poisoned Darts Ability or is it a waste of AP on a Light Monk??

Svirfneblin

Deadly Exploits doesnt increase damage from stacks per se,,, it removes the stacks and purges for double the normal damage of the Exploit.

I think there are better things a light monk could spend AP on.

The poison is rather weak and doesn't scale up as much as I'd like it to, Ninja still needs some help in this and other departments. And no immunity strip from a poisoner expert :( :(