Old forum

Ozz

Has anyone managed to get into it as I can get up the main page then when wanting to look something up it goes Daybreak games?

Sylvado

For now you need to copy the link for each page and add -old. I do wonder why they just didn't give the new forums a different url like using forum instead of forums. Yes, people would be going to the old ones because they had the link saved but they could have added a giant link to the new forum in the page header.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
It looks like they're still working migrating the old forums and setting them up; some pages work with -old added, some stuff redirects to a maintance message. It's probably just a matter of time for scripting/whatever they to do by hand to get things working there.

Reactions: Ozz

Kraki

Ozz, the problem is that the links INSIDE the old forum are still trying to use forums.ddo.com instead of forums-old.ddo.com.
For example if you wanted to read the top post in the old forum General "The Last Forum Competition", the URL now is:

But if you click the URL it still is coded to refer to forums.ddo.com. Essentially you have to copy a link URL and modify it to be forums-old.ddo.com in the domain (FQDN).

It's a pain and they probably have someone writing a script to change all the references for the forum itself. URLs referencing the ddo forums inside each and every post are going to have the same problem forever likely.

Reactions: Ozz

Ozz

Thanks guys, ill just sit and wait till the fix it but I supose its not an important issue on their agenda

Dredre9987

There is no fix. you have to manually add in the -old into any link to get it to work, they are dead and archived

Coffey

Thanks guys, ill just sit and wait till the fix it but I supose its not an important issue on their agenda

There is probably a good reason for using the old URL and not making a new one.

This is what it looks like right now:

Holmgang

Ozz, the problem is that the links INSIDE the old forum are still trying to use forums.ddo.com instead of forums-old.ddo.com.
For example if you wanted to read the top post in the old forum General "The Last Forum Competition", the URL now is:

But if you click the URL it still is coded to refer to forums.ddo.com. Essentially you have to copy a link URL and modify it to be forums-old.ddo.com in the domain (FQDN).

It's a pain and they probably have someone writing a script to change all the references for the forum itself. URLs referencing the ddo forums inside each and every post are going to have the same problem forever likely.
It's a pain, you have to copy and edit the url to access the post as well as every subsequent page in the post you wish to see.
Worst archiving job I have ever seen.

Sylvado

It's a pain, you have to copy and edit the url to access the post as well as every subsequent page in the post you wish to see.
Worst archiving job I have ever seen.
You are assuming it is in the end state. It is possible that minimal changes were made to preserve it for a rollback option. I would give it some time before passing judgement.

Geezer

Has anyone managed to get into it as I can get up the main page then when wanting to look something up it goes Daybreak games?
I cant get anyplace but the main page either. Lots of links to different character builds are lost to me forever, I dont like it at all.

Sylvado

I cant get anyplace but the main page either. Lots of links to different character builds are lost to me forever, I dont like it at all.
Nothing is lost, it is harder to get to right now but everything is available.

Geezer

Nothing is lost, it is harder to get to right now but everything is available

Well if you can get to it, I cant find it. We shouldnt have to jump through many hoops to do it. To me, its totally unacceptable.

axel15810

Hopefully they improve things now and don't just put it on the backburner. I've been able to get to old posts but I've had to dig up the old URL through google search, copy paste and manually change it. And even then can't get most of them to display properly and you can only go to one specific page at a time as the old forum navigation isn't working.

Sylvado

Hopefully they improve things now and don't just put it on the backburner. I've been able to get to old posts but I've had to dig up the old URL through google search, copy paste and manually change it. And even then can't get most of them to display properly and you can only go to one specific page at a time as the old forum navigation isn't working.
Just go to the old forum, where you would click to go to a thread just right click and 'copy url', then paste it on a new tab, add -old and go. Same applies to selecting pages in a thread.

Buddha5440

This...I'm fairly certain they spent MUCH more time looking into the new forum setup/coding than making the old one forward compatable. I'd imagine they have someone working on this right now but it will likely take some time.

In the meantime, use the workaround mentioned by several above of simply adding the "-old" to the URL.

Kromarock

forums are down again strim had updated his archive of builds and the links were working last night but now there directing to standing stone maintanince page any idea when the old forums will be back waiting on the build page to level so kinda annoying .