Old nicked weapons.

Silvorn

I discovered several old weapons I have lying around. Is there a way to “upgrade” them to the newer version? For example the great sword I have is +1 1d6 sonic and +4 to trip (I think don’t have it in front of me right now). I can run the quests and replace them but figured I would ask.

misterski

I discovered several old weapons I have lying around. Is there a way to “upgrade” them to the newer version? For example the great sword I have is +1 1d6 sonic and +4 to trip (I think don’t have it in front of me right now). I can run the quests and replace them but figured I would ask.
No. You'll have to loot the new versions.

somenewnoob

I use the newer nicked greatsword a whole lot in low heroics. Not a bad little weapon for level 2!

Those usually are in the chain end reward, not sure if each one is always there, but I always see at least a couple.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Nicked Weapons drop ONLY in the chain end reward, and the selection changes for each run thru.

(In my experience, I've never seen a nicked weapon as a quest reward in *cough* years playing DDO.)

And, For the record, that chain is still a source for old school clickies, as in stuff similar to what the pawnbroker in three finger thad's on the guild ship occasionally sells.

saekee

long live ROGUE
they are great in that few have deadly slotted that low a level. You can cannith craft a better weapon otherwise.

YeeboF

they are great in that few have deadly slotted that low a level. You can cannith craft a better weapon otherwise.
CC with +2d6 from three or four damage types (depending on how many enhancement slots) with a nicked in the offhand for deadly is pretty amazing at level 4. Drops off quickly though.