Orchid got nerfed HARD. BYE EVERYONE

The Narc

Hey Narc, that's almost witty. I'm flattered, I think! 😂👍
Ah another one of your disingenuous descriptors “almost”, reminds me of this english major i know, some things are so transparent its obvious when a spade is a spade.

I think the only thing sincere about your post is that you are flattered that i would “actually”(lol my descriptor) take notice of you.

droid327

Yet we've got some folks actually advocating that the right course of action is some sort of Fight Club approach and/or bargaining from that position?!?

Fight Club is really no meme to be proud of IMO. It's like What Stays in Vegas: just another meme to excuse pretty obnoxious behaviour

Thats assuming that the devs ARE always justified in all the nerfs they bring because of something they read on the forums

There are plenty of examples where the players would've been well justified to keep their cards closer to their chest...times when the devs brought a nerf that wasnt obviously justified, or unimpeachable. Tumble is probably the most recent example of that - it was something a lot of players enjoyed and wanted, but unlike Orchid, it didnt actually create an unfair advantage.

They should have opened a discussion about it, not just unilaterally dropped a nuke from orbit. Its that kind of reaction that validates the Fight Club mentality.

Col Kurtz

using ''Fight Club" as a meme for Forum interactions is an insult to Fight Club

Fight Club is the exact opposite of the petty exchanges we see on the internet daily, and the people who talk smack on the internet are the exact types that would Never show up to a fist fight.

I do like a lot of the posts in this thread, but please leave innocent Fight Club out of it. We don't want to soil the awesome memory of that cool movie.

The Narc

Fight Club is the exact opposite of the petty exchanges we see on the internet daily, and the people who talk smack on the internet are the exact types that would Never show up to a fist fight.

I do like a lot of the posts in this thread, but please leave innocent Fight Club out of it. We don't want to soil the awesome memory of that cool movie.
Lol lumping all types into a “Never” category. Canadian here and play hockey, fighting is a staple in hockey when dealing with “yappers” and “cheap shotters” and I for one have never been one for dropping the gloves when required. But i do agree alot of people here say things they wouldnt have the guts to say in front of someones face to face, because of the safety of anonymity of the internet. Regardless one should never react here with threats of violence as that is against the code of conduct and being baited into such a comment would empower SSG with the ability for moderation.

But of course you are welcome to express your opinion in regards to my metaphorical use of fight club. Not something that is glove dropping worthy.

😎😉

Buddha5440

LMAO...anytime someone mentions that Dev's cave in to adjustment mode because of players Forum posts, that comment gets all sorts of tinfoil hat responses... pretty sure those responses are undercover Devs!
giphy.gif

Buddha5440

WHAT are you doing?!?!?!?

giphy.gif

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Well there are clearly things that should not be talked about here n ...yeah, lots of stuff. Here's to Forums! 🍻

For good or ill. I just don't take the time to visit other forums anymore.. depending on the game I'm playing. ..hmm... or trying to play.

Last edited:

Lori

Their agenda is: Nerf everything so it's no longer fun, so you spend more time and likely buy stuff from the shop.
It's profit maximization. And I if that so disgusting. Typical Daybreak. Typical.
Anything that's good and fun gets nerfed into worse than uselessness.

Last life was Cleric, what a useless class it is now.
Weak, low HP, high incoming damage despite 116 PPR in epics.
I didn't even bother to do some "legendary" quests.

The only good caster is druid and it's boring and ugly.
Alchy takes too long to get good and is worse than Sorc, which is bad as well now, after the nerfs.

Because you whiny ******* were crying that melee were bad, instead of pimping melee they nerfed casters.
Melee is boring.

The whole game is going into a direction I don't like and don't find fun anymore.
Usually when I'm this frustrated with my default MMO, I play Heroes and Generals, but that one got killed out of greed, because they want to scam money out of people for a H&G2 Kickstarter. Yeah those times are over.
ESO sucks for the same reason, greedy suits who have no idea what makes a good game.
WoW is pay to slave.
EQ2 has been perverted into something idk what to even call, skeleton marketplace grinder?
Then there's a huge numer of stupid Neaderthal romantics surival games. Bleh.

Man and the lag in this game will never get fixed. It's system internal, structural and could be helped with more resources allocated to the VMs, especially Orien, the most populated server gets treated like it isn't.
Constant rubberbanding. It's disgraceful.
Sometimes I log in, the rubberbanding starts, and I already have enough, close the game. I'm so tired of the lag and rubberbanding.

EA, no more heal aura, ***?
EA is useless now.
It was weak before but the heal aura made it tolerable. Gone.
This game is no longer fun.
Tumble was fun, gone.
Sonic blast was fun, gone.
Cleric and FVS were fun, gone.

Idk you don't catch flies with acid or w/e the trope goes.
The game has **** graphics, a lot of lag and now they're destroying and have been for a while the fun elements.

But now you have "hold the attack button and fall asleep melee power back in action".
The game is in such a bad state.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Their agenda is: Nerf everything so it's no longer fun, so you spend more time and likely buy stuff from the shop.
No.. although.. Crystal Discs and their ingredients come to mind. Can buy a Disc for 20 AS.. which I haven't seen on a roll for several years now. AS, that is.

GrizzlyOso

It's profit maximization. And I if that so disgusting. Typical Daybreak. Typical.

Last life was Cleric, what a useless class it is now.
Weak, low HP, high incoming damage despite 116 PPR in epics.
I didn't even bother to do some "legendary" quests.

The only good caster is druid and it's boring and ugly.
Alchy takes too long to get good and is worse than Sorc, which is bad as well now, after the nerfs.

Because you whiny ******* were crying that melee were bad, instead of pimping melee they nerfed casters.
Melee is boring.

The whole game is going into a direction I don't like and don't find fun anymore.
Usually when I'm this frustrated with my default MMO, I play Heroes and Generals, but that one got killed out of greed, because they want to scam money out of people for a H&G2 Kickstarter. Yeah those times are over.
ESO sucks for the same reason, greedy suits who have no idea what makes a good game.
WoW is pay to slave.
EQ2 has been perverted into something idk what to even call, skeleton marketplace grinder?
Then there's a huge numer of stupid Neaderthal romantics surival games. Bleh.

Man and the lag in this game will never get fixed. It's system internal, structural and could be helped with more resources allocated to the VMs, especially Orien, the most populated server gets treated like it isn't.
Constant rubberbanding. It's disgraceful.
Sometimes I log in, the rubberbanding starts, and I already have enough, close the game. I'm so tired of the lag and rubberbanding.

EA, no more heal aura, ***?
EA is useless now.
It was weak before but the heal aura made it tolerable. Gone.
This game is no longer fun.
Tumble was fun, gone.
Sonic blast was fun, gone.
Cleric and FVS were fun, gone.

Idk you don't catch flies with acid or w/e the trope goes.
The game has **** graphics, a lot of lag and now they're destroying and have been for a while the fun elements.

But now you have "hold the attack button and fall asleep melee power back in action".
The game is in such a bad state.
Heh? I play fvs all the time , the game is a cake walk .

Shardrena

You say this, but if your assertions were true then the game wouldn't be playable at all. No class would be capable of surviving any difficulty in Heroic, Epic, or Legendary tier content. Alchemists "take too long to become good" and are "worse then sorcerer"? That's certainly news to me. What sort of build are you doing that they feel so bad? Because my alchemists are rocking quite effective aoe healing for very little SP cost, plus the ability to decimate most groups of enemies from a very long distance using very little SP, provided it's not a sewer or cave map. And if my SLA offensive isn't enough, switch to spells with a different save for high damage. Or just use an appropriate Multi-Vial spell to tear through stuff quickly too.

After reading the entire thread (was bored and waiting for the ability to finally post), some of my own thoughts on the "Orchard Blossom nerf" drama.

You know, it's funny. My main, Venoma Hammerfist was a shinto monk in her first life, and had gone with the Grandmaster of Flowers epic destiny upon the Menace of the Underdark expansion coming out. Orchard Blossom quickly became a bread and butter ability in my rotations once it was unlocked, and stayed a bread and butter ability right up until I'd finally had enough resources gathered to get the item needed to reincarnate without spending real world money. It was doing respectable damage, but not insane “this is clearly broken” damage due to it not being bugged at the time.

I'd say that if you need to see damage values of 172k or more using a bugged ability to feel like your build is good, then that's a “you” problem and not an issue with the game. Going through the thread the OP initially made to brag about their damage, I see that people were adding the numbers up and going “wait a second, that's not right, that's too high”. And sure enough, they tracked down what was causing the damage to be so excessively inflated, and the devs fixed the bug. If your build is only "good" if one or two clearly bugged abilities are letting you trivialize even the hardest of content then I've got news for you, your build isn't actually a good one.

I find it hillarious that the OP has the conflicting stances of “The devs should focus on fixing bugs” while also complaining that they fixed the bug letting the OP do far more damage with an ability then it should be capable of. Make up your mind, do you want bug fixes or do you want a broken and unbalanced game?

Orchidblossomwasgutted

This was ultimately a bug fix in that Orchid Blossom is supposed to use the higher of Melee or Ranged Power rather than Force Spell Power. Unfortunately it didn't get into this week's release notes but should have. We have now added it.
Yall need to Set your Prioritys on what you call "Bugs" instead of Fixing SMALL ones like this, And get Bigger ones Tackled like "LADDERS" lmao

NightHiker

I'm not gonna aknowledge the original subject of this thread because it is a non issue. However, its existence has led to a great example of the myriad of cognitive traps our pretty little minds are susceptible to.

All the talk about how "good" bugs are quickly fixed and "bad" ones remain for a long time is for the most part just selection bias. We just don't pay mind to all the bugs that benefit us but stay around for years. So many years sometimes that we may even start to assume they're WAI - like the sonic blast "nerf", that was technically a bug fix, and took more than a decade to happen.

And this also ignores the fact most times the "good" bugs are due to simple numbers being evaluated in a wrong way and generating big deviations from expectation, that are easy to recognize and understand. While the "bad" bugs much more often are due to obscure interactions between all the pieces of the legacy code. What if the "bad" bugs are not as swiftly resolved, on average, because they are actually harder to fix? The sonic blast one was a good case of a bug that was favorable but not so outrageous that it got a low priority despite being easy to fix, until changes in the destiny system made the bug's benefit grow perhaps a bit too big and demand more attention.

I for one got very upset because of that fix, because I was just finally starting to run mid to high reaper difficulties on my bard and I felt that it would pull me back, so I'm not immune myself and totaly understand how and why it happens. Same thing happened with the more recent caster damage nerf on high reapers, though I was a bit more cognizant of my reaction and reined it in before I made as much a fool of myself as with the other one.

We already have too much of that going on everywhere- we should train ourselves to recognize such flaws and curtail them, not keep feeding them till they make us sound like entitled little children.

Cheers,
NH

P.S.: By the way, it seems some people missed the memo in regard to "Fight Club" - it was critical of, and not endorsing, the behavior it shines a light on. If you take it at face value, it's possibly because you missed the rampant hypocrisy of the unreliable protagonist.

Shardrena

P.S.: By the way, it seems some people missed the memo in regard to "Fight Club" - it was critical of, and not endorsing, the behavior it shines a light on. If you take it at face value, it's possibly because you missed the rampant hypocrisy of the unreliable protagonist.

Granted, I haven't actually watched Fight Club. But as I understand it, isn't the movie's big revelation at the end that there never had been a "Fight Club", and the main character was just going around and beating up random people because a figment of his imagination told him to do so as part of Fight Club?

• Wow
Reactions: DBZ