Payment method location issue

Wolvanthor

I travel the world on a regular basis, and still have time to play DDO. Yet, when I try to purchase expansions from a different location than my billing country, I receive the error message "We're sorry, your purchase cannot be completed. Possible reasons for this may be:..." yadda yadda. Nowhere does this mention my location. But when I try to update my billing information, my location must match my credit card location.
So basically, I can buy things from the DDO Store no problem, but when I go to the official website to buy the expansions, I cannot do so. Why SSG? I can buy DDO points while traveling to Japan, but I can't buy expansions because...i'm in Japan? I am not going back to my home country just so the internet browser can give me permission to purchase expansions. Please clarify this issue because wherever I am in the world shouldn't matter if I want to make a purchase on my credit card.

Upvote 0

Buddha5440

You could try using a VPN with a location in the US. Many of the high rated payed ones offer a free trial.

Last edited:

Nebless

Odd's are it's your Bank that's stopping the payments from going through.

I've had that happen when I've tried to buy an item from another country and once when I was in another country buying something. It's an anti-fraud feature. Your bank knows where you live, so when they see out of country purchases ...... Granted it did save me once as the bank contacted me and asked if I had bought something at a Norwegian grocery store!

I'd check with your bank to see if it's them stopping the purchases and see if you can put in a standing OK for one's to DDO / SSG.