Perfected artifacts—how many are worth it?

saekee

long live ROGUE
I stumbled upon the nebula fragment (turns out I had two of them in my bag). But they mostly seem meh. Compared to, say, an IoD one which gives 4 slots and counts towards an important set—only the Vulkoorim Pendant seems to have 4. (edit: apparently they all have 4 slots)

What am I missing? There is a massive investment in the rarity of these things. Maybe the Darkstorm helm for alchemical lightning or others for alchemical fire?

Anyone using one? Any suggestions for making them better? Not that the devs will change them.

Last edited:

Pano

I have used Perfected Jidz-Tet'ka for my staff monk build. It is super cool item for monks as it gives some unique stances improvements as well as exceptional wisdom and insightful sheltering. Others are not worth it IMO.

Ahpuch

I stumbled upon the nebula fragment (turns out I had two of them in my bag). But they mostly seem meh. Compared to, say, an IoD one which gives 4 slots and counts towards an important set—only the Vulkoorim Pendant seems to have 4.

What am I missing?
I don't think you are missing anything. They are niche.

If you don't have IoD (or Vecna) they are the only way to get a 4 filigree artifact and if you are already wearing one of these items in legendary form, pushing it to artifact level may make sense.

Lazuli

You are not missing anything. They have always been bad in general, although some have been good for specific builds (like monk bracers). But now the IoD artifacts have what these had special (4 slots), slightly better stats (for example, the IoD ones give +15 to a stat vs +14), and they are customizable, so if before the perfected artifacts were not great, now they are even less. There may still be some builds that benefit from them, but they are less now than at the beginning, and there weren't many who benefited from the start...

These objects are a good idea that was born under a disastrous development, which has basically made them useless and quickly obsolete. Wow, it sounds like we said something similar about the cards in the new quests... Devs often create mechanics thinking about what they think is cool, instead of what we think is useful.

saekee

long live ROGUE
How about the alchemical attunements? Aren’t those at least adding DPS to a build—except when fighting a mob that is healed by that specific attunement.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Perfected dragons eyes and red dragon helms
For casters? The helm has both melee/caster.

If Vulkoor’s Bite did not have a massive internal cooldown (assuming wiki is correct), I would be a sucker for it.

DBZ

Def fire caster i can dump my alchemical off hand club for a new club and reaper bonus it expensive but nice

I need to get a working build for the magma set though so holdin off warlock aura should work

Then u can have an iod club a peril pack force club or adq set with green blade and fire augmentation on your hat slot

Ying

5000+ hours played
Determining if a perfected artifact is "worth it" requires personal calculus only you can solve for.

Are you lacking other gear options because you don't own the content, or don't raid?
How long are you going to be on the build?
Can you incorporate the perfected artifact while still incorporating 5pc Dread Curse or Forbidden Knowledge and 3pc Dread/VU set bonuses?

Fisto Mk I

How about the alchemical attunements? Aren’t those at least adding DPS to a build—except when fighting a mob that is healed by that specific attunement.
Both Electric and Fire Attunements available from perfected Artifacts is meh and don't good enough to bother upgrade it. And if you need attunement, both best (Acid and Water) you get from Dino crafting +Legendary Alchemical crafting.