Please add Warforged/Bladeforged body feat options

FaustianBargain

I would like to see a few body feat options added:

A medium metallic body type (say flame touched iron)

At least light and medium wooden (say darkwood and densewood) body types to allow for a toaster druid to have more than composite body plating and not break oath.

As it stands war/blade forged have severely restricted options (none, light, or heavy) without much of a compensating advantage in the current state. It’s especially tough for boosting MRR on any character where arcane spell failure could be an issue - you either hit the light MRR cap or have to invest super heavily in trees you might not want to overcome ASF for Adamantine body.

Additional body types that allow for characters to take advantage of a number of medium armor linked enhancements should make for more interesting builds; a feat is precious commodity for most builds, but the creative build crew can probably figure out some solid options.

Upvote 4

Arimov

So, the warforged, as it becomes more powerful, can only assume body characteristics in line with heavy, plate-mail armour?

If so, I see your point. It would, then, be nice to have options for (1) making warforged more humanoid like and (2) for, as you stated, making warforged body types in line with light and medium armour types (e.g. wood-based, or something similar). Perhaps, you also see more diverse ways to implement various body characteristics.

Pfill

As a side note, I think it would actually be funner if they buffed and nerfed these forms at the same time.

Bring back stuff like warforged being immune to diseases/curses and give them more innate AC and DR just for being warforged, but give them a cap to healing per ten seconds or something and a -8 to will saves.

For undead, make them actually take full damage from life spells, make them take heavy dot damage while near good/lawful enemies, but make death aura innate, scaling with level, and give them large lifesteal on vorpal hits.

It'd be like choosing your vampire race in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines forces certain builds to have to play the game differently to complete it.

jotmon

From my perspective, forged got screwed after the addition of PRR without even getting into the inferior Docents vs armor options.
Docent Max Dex bonus restrictions, stripped immunity to poison/disease (could be broken game mechanics... who knows for sure...) and inferior docents compared to fleshy armor options gave way to the neutered death of forges as a playable race.
Only forges I see now are spokes in the TR hamster wheel.

add:
Unarmored Body [Warforged Feat]
Your body is crafted without its normal layer of armor, trading off physical strength for magical potential.
Prerequisites: Warforged, 1st level only.
Benefit: You lose the normal +2 armor bonus and light fortification common to warforged characters, but you have no inherent chance of arcane spell failure and can wear armor or magic robes and gain their full effects.
Source: Races of Eberron

This way forges don't have to get screwed over with docent restrictions and can just wear regular fleshy gear.

FaustianBargain

I like that option too. The lack of PRR/MRR and dearth of really good reasons to play as a warforged/BF outside of +1 CON and 15% more fortification after those lives is mainly what I’d love to see change. Warforged are one of the things that make Eberron distinct, so it’s a pretty big gap.

Edited to add: I mean a feat isn’t a cheap entry fee for this, especially if you’re going with a feat starved class, but it could open up options quite a bit.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
We still have Improved Fortification available in game; it's the ulitmate noob troll by the devs. Nothing like someone thinking something is good and then finding out no one can heal them via positive spells (sure the description says that, but I run into plenty of pugs that take it without understanding just how bad it is for them).

And then we run into awkwardness where some gear set bonuses can't be gotten on warforged because they didn't offer it on a docent (like Flamecleansed Fury, etc.); which limits min/max build options. WF get a raw deal on a bunch of stuff for build choices because of the way the body feats work and gear options. Even with the body feats that currently exist, it's a feat tax, make them a free racial feat at creation.