Please consider updating the Collectible and Gem Bags guide sometime

Fnordian

Back when the new DDO web site debuted I noticed there were a few guides easily accesible, including the Collectible and Gem Bag guide. Useful info for new players! Unfortunately, upon reading through it, I realized it was so out of date that the NPCs listed as the ones to get the bags from aren't correct now (it says Mari Mosshand).

The guide doesn't list ingredients bags at all (or any other type of bag/folder/jar) nor any of the improvements made to the bags in recent years.

Further, there's a little mistake in the 2nd entry under the Small Collectibles bag that refers to it as a gem bag (guess it was copy/pasted from the gem bag entry).

Any chance this will be updated any time this year? I'm sure new players would appreciate it. :)

Last edited:

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Back when the new DDO web site debuted I noticed there were a few guides easily accesible, including the Collectible and Gem Bag guide. Useful info for new players! Unfortunately, upon reading through it, I realized it was so out of date that the NPCs listed as the ones to get the bags from aren't correct now (it says Mari Mosshand).

The guide doesn't list ingredients bags at all (or any other type of bag/folder/jar) nor any of the improvements made to the bags in recent years.

Further, there's a little mistake in the 2nd entry under the Small Collectibles bag that refers to it as a gem bag (guess it was copy/pasted from the gem bag entry).

Any chance this will be updated any time this year? I'm sure new players would appreciate it. :)
Could you link the guide please?

Beast

There are a lot of projects like this that could be assigned to non-technical interns which would have a big impact on newer players.

Small issues like this really can be a turn-off for people trying out the game.
That's one of the countless issues that a new player wil run into.
Imagine if we had some junior developers, solving all the issues that are trivial and not important, to make the first approach easy for newcomers, maybe we could have an increase in player population.

Beast

I had a quick look at all the guides on the main site, and was surprised to find they are mostly OK. The bag guide mentioned by the OP is the one that's most in need of an update.
the issue with guides, is that, nowdays, trends have changed an players like (or prefer) to watch a quick video, instead of reading a long wall of text, that's bad as it can be in my opninion, but there should be a change in how this game presents itself to the audience, this could be done with a good comunity managing, marketing made correctly... countless things that could (and should) be done, clearly this requires both time and money investment