Please fix In the Belly of the Beast

Bogrot

This has been requested multiple time, not least by me, but please can you fix In the Belly of the Beast. I have just wasted an hour of my time because I can't hit the worms when they retreat into the ground and are unable to hit. Every life I have to run the quest multiple times, this time twice but to no avail, before I can complete it. My party did not have any AoE that could penetrate the arena floor and not all of us have the uber DPS to kill them before they retreat underground. I seems that when the spectators all die there is a trigger to get the work to descend and down he/she/it becomes un-targetable.

Please choose one (or more of the following) make it so:

The worms do not go into the ground and become un-targetable
The worms die 1/5/10 minutes after appearing and then retreating underground
The worms do not descend
There is a bell to call the worm
Make it possible for melee to target the worm underground
Remove the quest from the saga as this seems to be the only reason that people run it (I think that this would be the preferred solution).

I know that some spells can target the Worms but the completion of the quest should not have to rely on a workaround for a bug.

The devs appear to be averse to fixing old bugged quests and this is why I think that it should just be removed (or auto flagged) from the saga.

Sarandra

Also, the belly-acid on R1 ticks for way too high compared to E. Had people die in R1 due to the acid damage, and retried on elite where the acid damage did not go above 30 a tick (i.e. no damage with resist acid).

A bit too much on R1 if you ask me.

Dragavon

After the acid dmg fix then Belly was fine for a while.

But after the last patch acid damage went through the roof again, I think it is bugged again in belly on reaper.

Fauxknight

Never had an issue with the worms, but ran it a couple weeks ago with the bugged acid. We completed it, but the damage was quite unexpected from previous levels, chain healing was required and fortunately we had an Angel healing aura as well.

Krelar

Another workaround until it gets fixed, if you wait patiently far back from the worms the spectators will actually kill them for you.
It takes a little awhile, but probably not as long as restarting the quest.

Onyxia2016

I have the ultimate workaround, skip it. That quest goes from one major bug to another.
I have not run it since the acid damage bug. Even one it got sorted I just continue to skip it.
Was not me favorite quest to begin with.

I am VIP so I get one free per saga. One of the few VIP perks left.

Cheeps

Tired Member
I got banned for 6 months because of the bugs in that quest.

Well, they said the ban was for 24 hours but I wasn't able to access my account for 6 months, so maybe it was a bug in banning system?
:unsure:

Bogrot

I ended up cheesing it - on the 3rd attempt. Rather than using a melee attack, I just used my throwing dagger and even though it disappeared under the ground never to return, because I had the worm acquired and targeted it allowed me to continue chucking my dagger at it until it expired. Previously, when using a melee attack, if I lost the targeting the game would not let me re-acquire it.

I still want the quest fixed or removed from the respective sagas as I don't like having to find a work around for bugs and worms.

Mokune

I've experienced this many times as well and resisted ban worthy levels of anger posting because of this.

It has occurred for YEARS. Before the Epic Destiny pass it was very likely to occur running in Shiradi or with Colours of the Queen turned on.

The bug is similar to (for instance) the Quori Spiders or Phase Spiders that get stunned but phase out anyway.

Just speculating because I am largely ignorant but if the worm gets some kind of CC on the way into the ground, it makes the code break if there is any lag or stutter at all.