Please fix Necro!!!

Praun

I have avoided that region like the plague for YEARS because there is simply no way to tell the level 5 quests from the level 9 and higher quests.

Whoever designed that area was on some strange drug.

Putting all the quest-givers in the same area shouldn't be that hard, and it would go a long way towards making that area more user-friendly.

Seigebrisbane

I have avoided that region like the plague for YEARS because there is simply no way to tell the level 5 quests from the level 9 and higher quests.

Whoever designed that area was on some strange drug.

Putting all the quest-givers in the same area shouldn't be that hard, and it would go a long way towards making that area more user-friendly.
press P, type necro in the search bar, sort by level. problem solved

Dragavon

You also see the level of the quest when you enter. Just enter the quests you want and do not enter the quests you do not want. It is not harder than that.

Br4d

Those chains are among the most fun in the game in a group and generally pretty crappy solo. Not difficult crappy, mechanics crappy.

They hark back to a time when DDO was a group game with players trying to navigate quests on the way to cap not rush through dozens of past lives as fast as they can.

Praun

E6BE52918ABCBD825378E4C0EDA23AA483228644

seeing as you seem incapable of following simple advice, here you go. if this seems confusing in any way at all as to the level gaps of each set of quests, thats a you problem, no features need to be added, simply use the tools given.
Wow!
You can list quests by level!
AMAZING!
You singlehandedly fixed all of DDO, congratulations.
/s

That DOES NOT tell a level 5 character anything.
You still have no idea who to talk to to get the level 5 quests.

Why should a level 5 character run around and take a BUNCH of quests he's not planning to do for 4 or 5 levels?

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
If you hover over the name of the quest in the compendium it gives you the name of the questgiver.

I wouldn't be opposed to the quest givers being right next to the entrances, but then you likely wouldn't go from one quest to the next in necro 1 without ever hitting the public area.

Weaponalpha

I agree Necro quest givers grouping could be more user friendly but not worth time to change when many other issues exist. One of lifes many accept and move on events.

Seigebrisbane

Wow!
You can list quests by level!
AMAZING!
You singlehandedly fixed all of DDO, congratulations.
/s

That DOES NOT tell a level 5 character anything.
You still have no idea who to talk to to get the level 5 quests.

Why should a level 5 character run around and take a BUNCH of quests he's not planning to do for 4 or 5 levels?
image.png

again, you seem reluctant to take simple advice to aid the problem you posted about. If you simply hover over the quest in that window, it will show you where, and who, you need to talk to in order to get the quest. but my all means continue to cry and complain about a non-existent issue because you refuse to use the tools in-game to solve the exact issue you posted about. "THIS TELLS A LVL 5 NOTHING" actually it tells you everything you need to know. and more

rikkitikki

My question is if you have so much problems figuring out where to go for the Necro quests, how do you deal with the market place where there are multiple quests of different levels. I assume that you look at the compendium and click on the quest you want to do and find the quest giver. It is no different, except the quest and the quest giver are not in the same area. Find the quest giver and and go to the blinking yellow door.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Grouping quest givers in necro together more would help certain players. It would also take away from the lived in flavor of the world. They could also make harbor only lvl 2 quests. And market only lvl 3. And House D only lvl 4. Etc. to make it easier for newbies/infrequent players to know exactly where to go based off their current level. While I enjoy the open world layout currently used, I can see how some folks find it confusing compared to how most MMOs split zones off based on levels.

the real problem. finding the quest giver. i agree this is (Small) issue. (at this point, i am hoping the rest of it is just a joke)

there are a few quests i have not done in years, and honestly have no idea where the quest giver is any more. like the one, where they are in house d? and the quest is in house k? (bad example, as i do run that quest, but probably the best example of, "if you don't already know where the quest giver is, you are never going to think to look there"

also feel like listing the quest giver? is not helpful at all. i am sure there are some people who wander around taking notice of everyone's name, and then when its lists that name as a quest giver for a level 9 quest, you are like "oh, i remember The Herald , i will run right over there to them" (another intention bad example as i actually remember that one, im sure we all know why)

i would love to see "click on quests, and a blinker for quest giver pops up." similar to how the entrance blinks, if you have the quest (most of the time, but not all quests)

after running hardcore for the first time, and running a few quests i have not, in some time, i was thinking a few things that could streamline this, and make it easier, especially for new players. (saw more then a few people playing ddo for the first time on hardcore this season) i know that they have done alot to try and help with this already, including getting most harbor quests from the Wayward Lobster which is awesome, and everyone in the borderlands being together. still a few more things might help.

on a scale of 1-10 of a priority... this feels like a 1.25 . but every little bit helps.

YeeboF

I agree Necro quest givers grouping could be more user friendly but not worth time to change when many other issues exist. One of lifes many accept and move on events.
This I completely agree with.

It is certainly a bit clunky and confusing. I don't like having to go back and forth between my compendium and the quest givers to figure out who to click on, nor do I really much like the idea of carrying around all the quests from level 5 on. However, the resources it would take to improve it don't seem warranted.