Please just give xp pots in the future

I dont Like gimps

The compensation for the server outtage is basically useless since yesterday evening
Ofc weekend xp means More peeeps that Burden the servers
Whats the Point of moar xp if I need to wait half a Minute every Loading screen or just freeze for 10 seconds
Good luck farming r10s if u die without any counterplay cuz game just bugs u to 3 different dimensions

Please if your servers cant handle 500 People JUST GIVE Xp Pots and those 10+ loot pot thingies
then perhabs the people dont have to all play on Day X but can evenly distribute

Dunspartacus

Could have also just given us a full bonus week like they did LotRO, then if it was still buggy on Monday they would actually have someone to fix it. But nope, just the weekend so enjoy the servers collapsing for half the time the bonus is up.

Salmiak

I doubt it's capacity issue. Only Orien is having these problems and it doesn't have many more players than Argo. Besides, it already had so many people online before (right after the free transfers for example) and this hasn't happened on this scale before.

Falkor

It's obviously the players fault because we are on Orien. And have old computers. With bad graphics cards. On dial-up modems. With tired hamsters powering our 286s.

Let's stop shaming SSG for being awesome at what they do and accept responsibility for what is obviously our fault. /s

vryxnr

Pots means more things for dupers to dupe. They already have infinite everything so why does it matter? Because it's still feeding something they (ssg) don't want to happen. So I highly doubt recompense will ever be a consumable item like an exp pot.

Last edited:

Falkor

Dupers already have stacks of stuff. An XP pot give away doesn't matter to them. They already have them in abundance.

vryxnr

Dupers already have stacks of stuff. An XP pot give away doesn't matter to them. They already have them in abundance.
I... said that? It happening doesn't make it okay to give them even more. I can't speak for SSG, but I suspect they don't want to support that behavior, even if it still happens.

Geezer

Could have also just given us a full bonus week like they did LotRO, then if it was still buggy on Monday they would actually have someone to fix it. But nope, just the weekend so enjoy the servers collapsing for half the time the bonus is up.
Yes, we lost we lost 100% of the xp our toons would have gotten in those 2 days the servers were down and the compensation was a paltry 25% bonus xp for 3 days? Some how the math doesnt add up for me.

Falkor

I completely misread your response and responded from a place of misunderstanding. I believe we are on the same page.

Last edited:

vryxnr

Except they didn't give those with "nothing" (aka: those who don't cheat/exploit) nothing, they gave them something that can't be exploited, a flat limited time increase.

It doesn't matter if it (a pot) is a drop in the bucket, it's still more that can be exploited, for free, which can and is viewed as support. It's the principle of the matter, not how big of an effect it creates.

Falkor

We agree in premise yet have different conclusions.

You are saying "because dupers, nobody should have xp pots." ... these people have stacks of hundreds, its how it works. One doesn't matter.

I'm saying "who cares about dupers, they already cheat. XP pots matter to those who don't." They don't have stacks of hundreds. One makes a difference.

Give a meal to a fat man and it won't matter. Give a meal to a hungry person, and it does.

Your logic is that nobody should receive a free meal because some people exploit the system. The hungry person should remain hungry, because others take advantage of generosity.

I disagree with your conclusion. Moving on. Who cares? This is a pointless discussion.

vryxnr

Your logic is that nobody should receive a free meal because some people exploit the system. The hungry person should remain hungry, because others take advantage of generosity.

No. This is, imo, a gross misrepresentation of my point that leaves out important facts.

Our different conclusions I believe stems from the notion that I think it's not "free meal vs no meal", but instead I view it as "a bad meal that can be used in bad ways vs a good meal that can't be used in bad ways".

So in your example:
exp pots = free meal.
Flat bonus exp for a weekend = no meal at all

In my opinion, it is:
Exp Pot = free meal that can be easily used in illegal ways
Flat bonus exp for a weekend = also a free meal but limited time that can't be easily used in illegal ways

I never said nobody should receive anything due to bad actors. I said give something that is useful but bad actors can't abuse... which would be a flat bonus to exp and not a pot, which is what happened.

The hungry are not left to starve. The shelter is still giving out food, it's just staffed at specific times. Come at this time and get fed (aka: bonus exp during this weekend).

Falkor

"here's your free meal but the restaurant is closed, so you don't get your free meal" ... is what is happening.

Considering how many people cannot play on the weekend, giving players the benefit of the doubt so they can use XP pots as they wish is respectful. Too many have indicated they are not available on weekends due to jobs and other obligations. Easter weekend was an exception b/c it is a holiday, so more people had time available to play. And they couldn't.

This does not mean that those same people can play every weekend. Holiday weekends are rare.

Your premise seems to be based on players being cheaters. Mine is based on most players being honest.

I'm not in the boat that says "All players are cheaters and cannot be trusted." When it comes to the dupers, they are small minority.

I'm sick of the premise that everyone must be punished b/c of a small group of bad actors. We will disagree and let me say again, this is a pointless discussion.

We won't get XP pots. We won't get compensation for the lag this weekend. SSG will not communicate to us about what is going on. Everything we are saying is theory and personal opinion.

See you in game ... slowly ... like bugs stuck in amber. :)

SpartanKiller13

I've certainly enjoyed the double bonuses, went 10-20 in one day instead of the 10-12 and 12-14 or so I'd probs have done in the two weekends without the bonuses lol.

Falkor

Oh right. Let's totally ignore the threads and pages of feedback with reports of crippling lag. totally ignore the videos. Totally ignore what so many people are saying.

Gaslight much? Head in sand much? So disingenuous. The evidence is obvious, but hey, ignore it all you want. Good on you. I'm sure that skill translates well to the real world. Just like denying people opportunities because someone _might_ take advantage of it.

While the servers are working, its great. The crippling lag started for me Friday night and I have no patience for a turn based weekend mode.

woq

Oh right. Let's totally ignore the threads and pages of feedback with reports of crippling lag. totally ignore the videos. Totally ignore what so many people are saying.

Gaslight much? Head in sand much? So disingenuous. The evidence is obvious, but hey, ignore it all you want. Good on you. I'm sure that skill translates well to the real world. Just like denying people opportunities because someone _might_ take advantage of it.

While the servers are working, its great. The crippling lag started for me Friday night and I have no patience for a turn based weekend mode.
A lot of people are also having a lagless or not-that-much-worse-than-usual experience. It's not gaslighting or head in sand, just a differing experience of what's going on.

I had a couple lagspikes here and there, but I definitely got far more bang for my buck than an exp pot or two would have and have had a good time. Are you gaslighting me into thinking that was not real somehow? Of course not - we just have differing experiences for whatever reason that we can mostly speculate on. Maybe server related or somehow tied to the time when playing - perhaps you've chosen more popular hours or people were up to some shady bisniz in the tavern in marketplace sacrificing goats to the lag gods to make them big and strong.

Whatever the reason I feel this level of snark was unwarranted, though I get that struggling with lag causes some understandable discontentment.

SpartanKiller13

Gaslighting myself? No, I definitely did go 10-20 in one day, and now I'm 22.

Some things work better for some peeps, but this one worked really well for me.

We've had some lag, but very far from turn-based. A lot of quests in that time, and a handful of raids too.