Please: Option to trade collectables

lppmor

I have probably more than 1000 of each of most collectables, but on the other hand I'm always starving for Caravan Logbooks and a few others.
Now most of my bag is full of junk I'll probably never use, because I focus usually on arcane casters as my characters, and I'm always in need of specific collectables.

I'd pay anything for an option to trade collectables, even if the option is a scam.
For example, I'd easily trade 100 of my collectables for 1 Caravan Logbook. LOL

Please devs, add at least one option for that.

Upvote 8

Lacci

A collectables trader would be fantastic.
"Elite Dangerous" has a system very similar to DDO´s collectables. At some point they introduced a material trader, where you could exchange materials at different rates, based on the rarity.
In DDO you would for example be able to exchange 10 prayer beads for a funerary token, or something like that. There is already a tier and rarity system in DDO, so that could actually work quite well.

Fisto Mk I

More npc-traders => lower real players => worse AH/ASAH => bad for already comatoze in-game economic. No tnx.

All npc-traders/dealers is cancer for in-game economic and must be eliminated at all. Immediately, or, better, yesterday. 8)

lppmor

More npc-traders => lower real players => worse AH/ASAH => bad for already comatoze in-game economic. No tnx.

All npc-traders/dealers is cancer for in-game economic and must be eliminated at all. Immediately, or, better, yesterday. 8)
Your argument would be valid in a game with a healty economy.
Today I can't find a sinlge Logbook Caravan for sale in Argonessen, and I take a look at the AH every day.

Mickeymouse

Today I can't find a sinlge Logbook Caravan for sale in Argonessen, and I take a look at the AH every day.
Try ask in some discord channel, or in a random pug-group.

Speed

Even ASAH?
If you do not have astral shards, then buy 10 and start selling there collectables and other more valuable things that you do not need.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
You need to ask in discord/forums for people to trade/sell them. There's way too many collectables in this game and they rarely sell to ever waste time listing them on AH. But folks have stacks of stuff just sitting in storage that they can sell/trade/giveaway when asked for specific collectables.

i9xRYF7.jpeg

How many did you need?

Silverfox

If this is the case currently your best options would be to setup a collectibles farm. No need to complete.

Tier 2 Lore
  • Common

Found In Nodes​

Locations for Farming​

Located in: Mirra's Sleepless Nights (HN), Caged Trolls (HN), Tomb of the Unhallowed (HC), The Church and the Cult (HC), The Prisoner (HC), Tangleroot Gorge

droid327

The best solution is probably one that goes all the way back to the oldest school....the Pawn Shop. An NPC-mediated P2P economy, except with a dynamic aspect. They'd have Collectables for sale, probably for Astral Shards, and always have them in stock. They'd also buy your collectables for Astral Shards, though of course for cheaper than they sell it (80%?)

The price for a given Collectable would go up as more players bought them, and the price would go down as more players sold them. Once they fell below 1 AS in value, they'd devolve to 1000 plat or something, and continue to devalue from there...so you couldnt sell like 1000 Wooden Prayer Beads for 1 AS each. But you could farm for Fragrant Drowshoods etc. and probably get some AS for them reliably.

That solves the "critical mass" chicken-and-egg problem of trading volume with the AH, where no one looks to buy items because there's not a reliable supply, and so no one sells them because there's not reliable buyers. The NPC would always have a supply, and always have some demand.

ACJ97F

Can't find a single Logbook Caravan for sale in Argonessen, and I take a look at the AH every day.
Who's your crafter? I probably have some of those on me. You can just msg me if you want.

Last edited:

Fisto Mk I

The best solution is probably one that goes all the way back to the oldest school....the Pawn Shop. An NPC-mediated P2P economy, except with a dynamic aspect. They'd have Collectables for sale, probably for Astral Shards, and always have them in stock. They'd also buy your collectables for Astral Shards, though of course for cheaper than they sell it (80%?)

The price for a given Collectable would go up as more players bought them, and the price would go down as more players sold them. Once they fell below 1 AS in value, they'd devolve to 1000 plat or something, and continue to devalue from there...so you couldnt sell like 1000 Wooden Prayer Beads for 1 AS each. But you could farm for Fragrant Drowshoods etc. and probably get some AS for them reliably.

That solves the "critical mass" chicken-and-egg problem of trading volume with the AH, where no one looks to buy items because there's not a reliable supply, and so no one sells them because there's not reliable buyers. The NPC would always have a supply, and always have some demand.
Better than now, bad anyway at my taste. Good for SSG for easy monetization, bad for real player traders like me. If we have NPS brokers, upper price is fixed, market economic not works then.
So still no tnx. :cool:

droid327

Better than now, bad anyway at my taste. Good for SSG for easy monetization, bad for real player traders like me. If we have NPS brokers, upper price is fixed, market economic not works then.
So still no tnx. :cool:

Right now the price ceiling is zero because no one uses the AH lol

Full support for the structure you're suggesting (Amounts and devaluation formulas would draw my debate, but those numbers can be adjusted and rebalanced after the fact/as the economy evolves.) I'd also want to see the current collectable sinks outside of Cannith Crafting refurbished to be more appealing, and possibly additional uses for what we can spend collectables on.
I'm always starving for Caravan Logbooks and a few others.
I posted 120 on argo, in groups of 15. 6 entries in the Astral Shard, 2 groups in the platinum auction house. If you happen to still need them/want to stock up. No pressure tho.

Last edited:

Arch-Necromancer

Nice idea, but I would go for platinum instead of astral shards. This is not something premium and they would not allow you to earn astral shards by selling collectables.

We already have pawn shops for weapons, armor and other unbound equipment. Collectable one would be really nice.

They would just have to add a price for every collectable, maybe all same tier collectables could have the same price. And then make a Pawn shop for it, one in Stormreach and one in Eveningstar.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Pawn broker for it would be interesting; but I'd hate to see all those shiny collectables vanish each server reboot.

droid327

Nice idea, but I would go for platinum instead of astral shards. This is not something premium and they would not allow you to earn astral shards by selling collectables.

We already have pawn shops for weapons, armor and other unbound equipment. Collectable one would be really nice.

They would just have to add a price for every collectable, maybe all same tier collectables could have the same price. And then make a Pawn shop for it, one in Stormreach and one in Eveningstar.

In an ideal game yes, but right now plat doesn't have enough value to make people actually participate in the system. AS is what moves the needle. They need to add way more positive plat sinks before plat can have real value again. Reaper wings aren't enough lol

Youre not earning AS from the game, you're getting it from other players. If no one buys the collectable you're selling, the price would quickly drop to plat. So there needs to be real player demand in order to keep the price above the plat line. It's basically just an asynchronous ASAH.

Pawn broker for it would be interesting; but I'd hate to see all those shiny collectables vanish each server reboot.

They wouldn't...the broker always has stock. The price point would need to persist through resets, of course.