Please put a mailbox somewhere in Ravenloft

Aelonwy

This was requested from the very beginning, the issue we were told was that mail couldn't cross the Mists according to WotC or lore or both I no longer recall. But I like to point out in addition to us crossing and re-crossing the Mists, we are told within the story itself that Strahd allowed? the Vistani to cross the Mists and roam wherever they like. Therefor, since at least some of the Vistani can take Raven form it would be reasonable for a mail box like the one in Eveningstar to exist in Ravenloft but with mail delivered by ravens, possible were-raven Vistani?

But I wouldn't hold my breath, if such a change takes place it would most likely occur if and when we get another Ravenloft expansion.

DDO Gaming

This was requested from the very beginning, the issue we were told was that mail couldn't cross the Mists according to WotC or lore or both I no longer recall. But I like to point out in addition to us crossing and re-crossing the Mists, we are told within the story itself that Strahd allowed? the Vistani to cross the Mists and roam wherever they like. Therefor, since at least some of the Vistani can take Raven form it would be reasonable for a mail box like the one in Eveningstar to exist in Ravenloft but with mail delivered by ravens, possible were-raven Vistani?

But I wouldn't hold my breath, if such a change takes place it would most likely occur if and when we get another Ravenloft expansion.
Isnt there a bank in one of the inns? If a bank can exist...why not a mailbox?

Lacci

This was requested from the very beginning, the issue we were told was that mail couldn't cross the Mists according to WotC or lore or both I no longer recall.
Yeah, that´s really a lazy excuse for "we can´t be bothered to code it"
You have access to your bank, you can teleport in and out of Ravenloft as you please, and when the keepers of the feather want to inform you that you earned enough favor with them to rank up, for some reason they send the letter to Eberron...

Aelonwy

Yeah, that´s really a lazy excuse for "we can´t be bothered to code it"
You have access to your bank, you can teleport in and out of Ravenloft as you please, and when the keepers of the feather want to inform you that you earned enough favor with them to rank up, for some reason they send the letter to Eberron...
Indeed. And we did beg and complain and try to reason with them but it fell on deaf ears at the time. Maybe if they have another Ravenloft expansion its something they will fix in the future.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
At least one of the inns in Ravenloft needs a mailbox.
"We've got mail"
"Go see the feather guy, see if it's favor"
"Nope. Exit to ship"
"Oh. It's DDO points that didn't catch up with the last favor tier"
"On to Jorasco to get back"

Please. With pumpkins AND whipped cream on top? Please.
Great idea! A mailbox has been placed in each of the Ravenloft taverns for an upcoming patch. Thank you!