(Possible Spoilers) Vecna Unleashed may have more secrets for us to crack.

Tarrasque_Lord

EDIT: @Arcanaverse is eight steps ahead of me on this. You can see what he's found here!

Hi y'all!

In one of the new quests (I'm not sure which, I just have a screenshot, thanks Kozybean), there is a chalkboard with mysterious writing on it.

Upon investigation, I found that the script is Draconic. I used a key to decode it, and got the following as my result:

1 5j4 jfdas
2 mnas h 5wefg
3 gjtgl oloiw
4 haaewd dswfeq
5 erf r
6 pere ah j rf
7 u54adf dks
9 z

I am not sure that this means anything. I thought it might be some sort of cryptogram or cipher, but I haven't been able to make heads or tails of it. I'm not sure if it even means anything, but I thought I would toss this to the collective minds of the DDO community to see if anyone has any ideas!

By the way, I may or may not have made mistakes, so feel free to double-check my work.

Thanks y'all!

832d02c840c931cb9ec0c8675f8c385a.jpg
Elvish..._maybe.png

Last edited:

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Welcome to the hunt!

I missed the last lam preview but from the first did some digging Translations

only was able to figure out a couple and some are just a jumbled mess. Hopefully waiting for their debut when the official stuff is released.

Tarrasque_Lord

Welcome to the hunt!

only was able to figure out a couple and some are just a jumbled mess. Hopefully waiting for their debut when the official stuff is released.
Silly me, for thinking I had found something you hadn't! The Rick Roll was amazing. :ROFLMAO:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Rick Roll... Rick Springfield is named Rick... He once played a vampire in the tv pilot for Forever Knight... Ravenloft have vampires... So new Ravenloft stuff post Vecna... bwhahahaaha (how to deep dive a tangent off random dev trolling on that Rick Roll)

Purr

It's a count down timer for how long you have before the stormreaver doomsday device blows.

droid327

It doesnt look like a simple substitution cipher, with the numerals and 4 different single-letter words

There's a lot of homerow characters there. I could be wrong, but I'm just guessing someone downloaded a Draconic font and just typed gibberish

I remember people tried to decipher the Kopru runes in IoD too but they turned out to be meaningless

HoopleHead

I'm @ work, so don't have time to goof... on the stuff that seems to be unintelligible.. wonder if you took it and swapped it with equivalent opposite on a phone key-pad.. so a '5' could be 'j' 'k' or 'l'.. and vs/vrs... just spitballing.. got ZERO sleep, just too hot & humid last night

Contessor

Still think game Wold Box God Simulator might have something to do with the key.

That is the original link to the Rick Roll video posted.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Welcome to the hunt!

I can probably save you a tiny bit of trouble here - the "Puzzling Note" and "Abandoned Message" are solutions for nearby puzzles (the button puzzle in Grand Theft Aureon and the stones puzzle in Bark and the Blade) and likely don't have any greater significance.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
Upon investigation, I found that the script is Draconic. I used a key to decode it, and got the following as my result:

1 5j4 jfdas
2 mnas h 5wefg
3 gjtgl oloiw
4 haaewd dswfeq
5 erf r
6 pere ah j rf
7 u54adf dks
9 z
What if these are anagrams of some sort?

3. can make "jog til glow"

most likely nothing at all... but maybe it's a code within a code.

7. includes "u54" which was isle of dread.