Post U59 Bow attack speed is inconsistent

WielderofGigantus

Bug Report Number:
I posted this on the old forums, but since they got wiped, I figured I would repost here with an update:

So as I previously mentioned, post U59, my attack speed with a bow shot way up, like almost constant Manyshot feat fast. And then I noticed in the middle of playing, that my attack speed animation had reverted back to the slow speed it had been before, like 1 attack animation per second.

A commentor in the previous thread mentioned that they would notice the fast attack speed when they first logged in, and then at some point during their play they would notice that their attack speed had slowed back down. My update is that I have confirmed the same: attack speed starts out fast, and then at some point it just slows down to pre-U59 bow attack speeds.

No idea why.

RangerOne

Thanks, Wielder. I was the poster for some of that observation and it still holds true. I have also noticed that around the time the bow speed seems to fall there can be some spell wonkiness as well. Hit the key, pause, spell hits and then the animation. Might be lag related but I have no way to tell.

Ying

5000+ hours played
This is the rate of fire for bows on a Level 32 Tabaxi with BAB 25 as of U59:
15% Ranged Alacrity, No Haste Boost: 82 attacks/min
15% Ranged Alacrity, Haste Boost: 97 attacks/min

20% Ranged Alacrity, No Haste Boost: 85 attacks/min
20% Ranged Alacrity, Haste Boost: 100 attacks/min

RangerOne

I got some videos which should show the decrease. I just need to figure out how to edit out Judge Judy in the background and get them uploaded.

Yvonne Blacksword

Deliverer of Quirk
I thought it was just a visual problem. Maybe just a me problem. I have noticed, especially on my lvl 20 arti that the firing graphics are not matching sound and damage graphics. some times the 4shot repeater (epicfeat) doesn't fire at all but there is a long list of damage displayed on the target.
sometimes it fires once, pauses and fires random number of other shots while the damage display tries and fails to register.
I find that if my bow reacts strangely, I ease off the trigger and miss shots due to "no-trust" issues (my problem).
If i hold down the trigger, the mob still gets dead, though it looks/sounds horrible while dead-ing.

RangerOne

Yeah, maybe I am just crazy. The last two days it has been consistent. Consistently slow. Definitely spells are acting odd. Hit the key, spell fires and then my character gestures. Get a couple of these and then a complete lag lockup for several seconds. So it was probably a lag created illusion.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
This is the rate of fire for bows on a Level 32 Tabaxi with BAB 25 as of U59:
15% Ranged Alacrity, No Haste Boost: 82 attacks/min
15% Ranged Alacrity, Haste Boost: 97 attacks/min

20% Ranged Alacrity, No Haste Boost: 85 attacks/min
20% Ranged Alacrity, Haste Boost: 100 attacks/min
I have noticed that there's is a significant discrepancy (about 6 shots per minute) between how many times my Lv32 Elf 20-Ranger fires her bow (animation wise) and how many arrows land in a minute. Unsure if this existed prior to U59 (there's always been some ranged-attack-desync going on) and I only just noticed because of multiple threads discussing U59, or if it is actually a new thing. But there's definitely shots gone missing. If what you counted was animations, I urge you to count instances of damage and compare your results.

Hobgoblin

from my experience - at low levels as im running a ranged on hc - it starts out fast, but if anything changes my attack speed - ie exhaustion, haste haste boost etc... when it wears off im slower. im thinking that i have the max speed on when i start and then go back to my normal speed when it wears off

s1k3src

I had noticed a odd shift in casting and attack speed and thought maybe I'd gotten hit with a debuff or something. Archer is my favorite class, I noticed that my bow speed is drastically slow sometimes and then other times very fast, shot animations don't match damage register, I've noted multiple instances of dry firing, it uses ammo, does the animation but registers no hit, no damage.
Another odd thing I've seen is how the bows will act like I cannot hit at all until the mobs are within melee range. Also, if mobs aren't aggro I cannot attack them or target them sometimes, like something is passively keeping me from attacking unless I'm attacked first. Couple that with the inability to hit or register damage until they're standing nose to nose with me is a little obnoxious at times.

JaynChar2019

I posted this on the old forums, but since they got wiped, I figured I would repost here with an update:

So as I previously mentioned, post U59, my attack speed with a bow shot way up, like almost constant Manyshot feat fast. And then I noticed in the middle of playing, that my attack speed animation had reverted back to the slow speed it had been before, like 1 attack animation per second.

A commentor in the previous thread mentioned that they would notice the fast attack speed when they first logged in, and then at some point during their play they would notice that their attack speed had slowed back down. My update is that I have confirmed the same: attack speed starts out fast, and then at some point it just slows down to pre-U59 bow attack speeds.

No idea why.
Images of gear removal in game

Ok so I am going through frame by frame to see what I can find. I captured images and times of when all my gear buffs started to be stripped from me and then they started coming back like I took off all my gear and started putting it back on. Before everything could load back up I get killed. after I die my gear effects start being reapplied. And before anyone asks no one has or used Mordenkainen's Disjunction. And even if they had why would I be stripped of all my gear effects, set bonuses, augments and filigrees and then they immediately come back on within the very same second. There is a time stamp on all of the pics. So there definitely is some weird dynamic stripping us of all our gear protections and bonuses and basically we are nerfed.