Potenial source of new lag?

Mary

Since U57 or U58 I have noticed summons and hires are not correctly leaving my group. On hardcore league people speak of how they go into quests like tangleroot and cult of the six have seen hires and summons from earlier versions of the dungeon, hires that they pinned or dismissed, but that the server did not correctly delete. I've also noticed that leaving a quest using hires, it is very common now for the hires to remain in my group. After finishing the quest, I have to leave group - many times I've started a new quest and tried to summon a hire, and it is already in my party, still, I'm assuming, in the last quest.

I am one person, but if i am leaving behind a trail of instances with hires keeping these instances alive long after I've left - multiply this by the population of a server and it becomes easy to deduce this could be a source of potential lag -

Is it possible to verify that the hire/summons scripting is working correctly and that they are being destroyed when the quest ends and not keeping hundreds of instances open and yet stuck in limbo? Also, a check to verify that a summons that is dispelled is actually dispelled - I've heard from numerous people that they've dismissed a summons only to see it hanging around in tangleroot (as an example of a repeat dungeon) in the spot where they dismissed it, but its a different instance of the same dungeon.

A server keeping hundreds or thousands of instances open for summons and hires that are supposed to be deleted once a player leaves or dismisses seems like it could be a major source of lag and I've noticed this sort of thing occuring exceedingly frequently since U57 or U58ish.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I've had some hirelings take party leadership for some random reason and remain in party after leaving quests/explorer areas, requiring me to leave party. It's odd, not sure if it's causing any issues - maybe being left in a dungeon or explorer area?

Lorrgar

DDO Official Troubadour
This morning my friends and I ran almost an entire IOD chain with a hireling we could not dismiss. I wonder since the hire is actually in party but not in the dungeon if this causes scaling due to party size as well.

J2345678

Players Council 2015
These are the hireling problems I've encountered that very likely affect server stability:
  1. Tell hireling to hold ground and exit quest.
  2. Only you and hirelings in the party, inside a quest or wilderness, log off and back on.
  3. Detection through doors and walls for monsters and hirelings.

PaleFox

Did you know that mobs, once killed are actually still there.
They become invisible and can't be interacted with but are still very active.
Most noticeably in Thunderholme.

Haramel

Since U57 or U58 I have noticed summons and hires are not correctly leaving my group. On hardcore league people speak of how they go into quests like tangleroot and cult of the six have seen hires and summons from earlier versions of the dungeon, hires that they pinned or dismissed, but that the server did not correctly delete. I've also noticed that leaving a quest using hires, it is very common now for the hires to remain in my group. After finishing the quest, I have to leave group - many times I've started a new quest and tried to summon a hire, and it is already in my party, still, I'm assuming, in the last quest.

I am one person, but if i am leaving behind a trail of instances with hires keeping these instances alive long after I've left - multiply this by the population of a server and it becomes easy to deduce this could be a source of potential lag -

Is it possible to verify that the hire/summons scripting is working correctly and that they are being destroyed when the quest ends and not keeping hundreds of instances open and yet stuck in limbo? Also, a check to verify that a summons that is dispelled is actually dispelled - I've heard from numerous people that they've dismissed a summons only to see it hanging around in tangleroot (as an example of a repeat dungeon) in the spot where they dismissed it, but its a different instance of the same dungeon.

A server keeping hundreds or thousands of instances open for summons and hires that are supposed to be deleted once a player leaves or dismisses seems like it could be a major source of lag and I've noticed this sort of thing occuring exceedingly frequently since U57 or U58ish.

This has happened to me a few times, including I had a DC and when I returned the hireling was the party leader. I came to think that in the future we will have hirelings opening lfm in our place hahaha.