Problem with the Great Tree. Won't finish. Timer ran out and????

Ddealti

Is this a bug, or me. Did The Great Tree. No trees died. Got to 2250 points. 5 stars. Timer ran out and ...... I ran around for about 5 minutes, looking for something I missed. Didn't find anything. Finally released because I had to go. Am I missing something, or just a bug? Thanks

Ddealti

It sounds like a bug, at the bottom of https://ddowiki.com/page/Dryad_Grove:_The_Great_Tree there's a link to a video of a completion:
It sounds like you are saying that when the time ticked down to 0 (~11:50 in video) the challenge didn't actually finish out (The white flash) and spawn the chests?
Correct. Timer ran out. No flash, no chests, no finish button.
I later went and did The Winery quest in Ravenloft and the talisman that is supposed to be in the family quarters, was nowhere to be found.
Bad day for bugs, I guess.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I've heard force quiting the game and then logging back in get that completion to check off; but not my idea of a "good" choice, just a last ditch thing some say works.

The Narc

I've heard force quiting the game and then logging back in get that completion to check off; but not my idea of a "good" choice, just a last ditch thing some say works.
This absolutely resolves some of these types of issues, will 100% work for the grove tree challenge.

Aeromach

The Best
I've heard force quiting the game and then logging back in get that completion to check off; but not my idea of a "good" choice, just a last ditch thing some say works
This happened to me today and this solution did work to reset the timer. No loot chest, but got ingredients and xp. Thanks for the tip.

Br4d

Something really strange is happening with chests since the last update. I keep opening chests and finding 0-3 items in the chest. The chest is rarely completely empty but it is normal to find one item, some plat and maybe one other item in the chest.

I am at cap but I am running quests for the first time. Ran Kill Ten Rats last night and only the end chest had more than 3 items in it.

I'm on Orien and everything is a bit laggy the last couple of weeks. It takes longer for quests to complete after objectives are completed. Maybe loot is getting caught in the lag processes and are generating fewer items as a result?