Profoundly disappointed that the event is limited to people who play reaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoopleHead

I just hope the next event adds new items and cards to 4 new mid ranged (10 to 12) level quests but there is a server wide event to unlock but that unlock can only be done by playing quests throughout the game on NORMAL difficulty.

Mid range quests are so densely populated that even without a XP Pot you can easily blow past & skip entire chains and still move into Epics... the reason why they make more END GAME style quests is because 'end game' keeps moving.

@ 1 point Ravenloft was 'end game'... then Sharn was 'End Game'..

We have half a dozen events every year that cater to literally EVERY level, but only 1 that pushes the difficulty (Hardcore).. and that gets stale real fast.....
This is something new... are you REALLY going to begrudge us a single week-long event that is going to give everyone more content AND a new way to add some 'oomph' to your gear?

Shear-buckler

I gave up trying to explain how exclusive this event is. Those running it will say it is not and those the don't will say it is.

I just wish this was handle like the mimic hunt and there was more of a reward than 4 free level 34 quests that drop new items so unless you are in the uber end game phase of play you are out of luck?

I just hope the next event adds new items and cards to 4 new mid ranged (10 to 12) level quests but there is a server wide event to unlock but that unlock can only be done by playing quests throughout the game on NORMAL difficulty.

Level 32 is available to all players. The new quests are available for all difficulty settings. The cards can be used on all items regardless of min. level.

Not a single player is excluded from the reward.

Praun

Hey... remember that time hordes of devils invaded the marketplace 'safe zone' and started killing everyone?

So elitist. How were 1st level characters supposed to survive that? Terrible.

Seriously, people are just weird.
Did these hordes of devils randomly spawn in quests, overpowered, and wipe your party out, or did you have to go looking for said devils?

Ahpuch

Did these hordes of devils randomly spawn in quests, overpowered, and wipe your party out, or did you have to go looking for said devils?
They randomly spawned in public zones and killed whoever happened to be near that were not of a sufficient level to fight them. It was awesome. Until the lag monster hit and no one could fight back.

vryxnr

They randomly spawned in public zones and killed whoever happened to be near that were not of a sufficient level to fight them. It was awesome. Until the lag monster hit and no one could fight back.
This ^

They would randomly spawn in public zones where normally there is no combat, and no minimum levels, and attack players of all levels with impunity, often killing the lower leveled ones quite easily (and sometimes higher level ones if they were busy buying/selling/repairing or afk).

Praun

This ^

They would randomly spawn in public zones where normally there is no combat, and no minimum levels, and attack players of all levels with impunity, often killing the lower leveled ones quite easily (and sometimes higher level ones if they were busy buying/selling/repairing or afk).
... and you wonder why they NEVER did something so foolish again.

CBDunk

So far as I'm concerned, the Devil Invasion was 'peak DDO'. The best the game has ever been. There have been highs and lows since then, but that was their biggest swing for the fences. Yes, it was a COMPLETE disaster in terms of game stability... but it was also an 'anything can happen' EVENT!

If I wanted the game to be predictable and exactly the same every single time I'd be playing Pong.

Alrik Fassbauer

Level 32 is available to all players. The new quests are available for all difficulty settings. The cards can be used on all items regardless of min. level.

Not a single player is excluded from the reward.
Those who don't have level 32 characters are excluded.
I have only 1 level 30, and that's my highest level character at all.

End game players will of course that it is super easy to get to that level range.
In my opinion, they are suffering from this, whithout even noticing : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_knowledge

vryxnr

So if someone doesn't have a level 32 character at this time, does that mean they will NEVER have one in the future? The level 34 quests being unlocked are not only accessible for a limited time, they will stay in the game to be played at later dates.

Shear-buckler

End game players will of course that it is super easy to get to that level range.
In my opinion, they are suffering from this, whithout even noticing : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_knowledge

You can do the quests with your level 30 character, and you are not excluded from leveling to 32. Anyone can reach level 32. Your link does not apply to this.

Lazuli

forget the new quests. They are highly challenging: if it is difficult for you to level up a character to 32, you will not be able to finish a single one of those quests.

Onyxia2016

I never said there should not be end game content. I will eventually get there albeit a ways down the road. When Legendary Droaam was its own update I thought it was a nice addition even though as stated I am not at the phase of the game yet. I did not complain that endgame was getting something out of the update that I could not use. I was genuinely happy for those players that could run them.

Yes, hunting the illithid is open to all that run reaper but any rewards from the event are out of reach unless you are able to run the legendary challenging quests that are unlocked. So if anything non-end game players can help unlock the rewards but can not partake in them. Hopefully this will change in the future and the items will be available from all quest regardless of level.

That is were the exclusion comes in. How hard would it have been to have a heroic version of those same 4 quests?
Since the cards are apparently not level capped they can be added as drops in the heroic version as well. Then everyone could share in the rewards.

I can only assume reaper was used due to its lockout mechanic so higher level player could not solo low level quests during the event to unlock anything. Trouble is there are players who do not run reaper. I am not one of them although I stay under R4 currently.

To my knowledge there was never a requirement to run reaper for anything except reaper points. All other quests, sagas, story arcs, gear farming can be completed without every running reaper. Until this event which you are required to run reaper and then it is only to unlock something for other if you are not ready for end game. Add to this the fact that the champions that appear while the event is running are way stronger than anything in the quest normally at the same level. Is it so difficult to see the issue here.

Ahpuch

... and you wonder why they NEVER did something so foolish again.
Good call. It was very, very traumatic. If the devils spawned on someones character and killed them they would have to move their mouse all the way over to the "Release" button and then heal up in the tavern they were bound to. For some characters this would take over a minute!! I think the class action lawsuit that was proposed to sue Turbine for emotional distress to the playerbase put an end to these silly shenanigans. Thank Vol.

/s <- Is that necessary?

Sylvado

So far as I'm concerned, the Devil Invasion was 'peak DDO'. The best the game has ever been. There have been highs and lows since then, but that was their biggest swing for the fences. Yes, it was a COMPLETE disaster in terms of game stability... but it was also an 'anything can happen' EVENT!

If I wanted the game to be predictable and exactly the same every single time I'd be playing Pong.
I would love something like that and I thought that was what they were planning to do. However, I do think the greater spread of player levels now makes that very difficult if not impossible to pull off.

Status
Not open for further replies.