Pure PDK Spellsinger For Cormyr! Max buffs

Silverhilt

New forum, old build! Yay... I still think this is the ultimate buff bard and I want to keep the info available on the new forums!

Hello everyone, I bring you Mesmerita as she stands going into the Isle of Dread expansion. I just got Racial Completionist on her so stats are a bit up and Ive made my perfect AP layout! She is meant to be a super crowd control character with massive buffs and great healing! 19 points in PDK tree for For Cormyr! buff, its the best partybuff ever! (for me, its a +60% dps increase, bit lower for those real DPSers) You can control your hitpoints with Rose Colored goggles and have your party go to town! Very fun indeed! Single target Freeze for those mobs hard to CC and my Consecration also stuns... Every raidgroup needs a build like this! :)

ExikEbP.png

Fully boosted for DC in reaper.

9Jzbymy.png

Unbuffed
qVNAgPC.png

Mesmerita Buffs!

IlmerSilverhilt;6223979 said:
Bardic Ballad (aura):

Inspire Courage:

+1 atk +1 dmg +3 usp lvl1
+1 atk +1 dmg +0 usp lvl8 Soothing Song
+1 atk +1 dmg +3 usp lvl8
+1 atk +1 dmg +3 usp lvl14
+1 atk +1 dmg +3 usp lvl20

+0 atk +1 dmg +0 usp Weapon Training (WC core)
+2 atk +1 dmg +0 usp Song of Heroism (WC core) also 2 saves, Immunity to Fear
+0 atk +1 dmg +0 usp Fighting Spirit (WC core)

+3 atk +0 dmg +0 usp Inspired Bravery (T1 WC)

+0 atk +0 dmg +9 usp Ballad Melody: Recklessness (T4 WC) also 6% doublestrike/-shot

+1 atk +1 dmg +3 usp Splendid Cacophony Filigree, 4 piece (2nd Arte swap)

+1 atk +1 dmg +3 usp Perfected Salt-Pearl Ring

+3 atk +3 dmg +0 usp Great Ballads of War (T4 Fatesinger) also +3 atk +3 dmg +0 usp self
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

+15 atk +13 dmg +27 usp total also have Sharp Note (T2 SS) for +3 dmg when using Fascinate
================================================== ==============

Inspire Greatness:

+20 temp hp +3 prr +10 heal amp

+00 temp hp +6 prr +00 heal amp Ballad Melody: Ironskin also DR 6

212 temp hp +0 prr +00 heal amp Fighting Spirit (WC core)
__________________________________________________ ____

212 temp hp +9 prr +10 heal amp @lvl32 with 106 charisma
===========================================

Inspire Transcendance:

+1 DC, +1 Tactics, +3 Spell Resistance

Bardic Inspiration (song):

• Inspire Competence* : +8 skills
  • Inspire Heroics* : +5 ac +5 dodge +5 saves
  • Spell Song Trance : +1 dc +10% spell discount
  • Song of Arcane Might : +1 caster lvl
  • Frolic : Freedom of Movement
  • Arcane Aid : +3 spell penetration
  • Sustaining Song : Heal over time /repair/negative
  • Inspire Excellence : +2 ability scores

Songs marked with * benefit from Improved Bardic Music Feat
IlmerSilverhilt;6227406 said:
Illusion: 102
Necromancy: 98
Conjuration: 101
Enchantment: 112
Evocation: 117

BoGW: 121
Consecration: 117
Cut the Strings: 116
Frozen Fury: 128
Above are my DCs with only ship buffs.

Enhancements:
RbKEhjO.jpg

I advise to actually skip, Victory song the lvl18 WC core, because for the time being it suppresses Insp Transcendance buff. When fixed, ditch the Kingly Recovery

Destinies:
obDQmbZ.jpg

I chose to go with the Primal Avatar Mantle, for the added Cocoons! It seems to work of any buff spells too, not just healing - But its random, but nice :)

Reaper Trees:
S6o2ai1.jpg

Spells:
jK8Wjnc.jpg

Feats:
Empower Healing Spell, Quicken
03 PL: Wizard (or Shield Mastery)
06 Heighten
09 PL: Bard (or Force of Personality)
12 Improved Bardic Music
15 Spell Focus: Evocation
18 Greater Spell Focus: Evocation
21 Inspire Excellence
22 Lasting Inspiration
24 Burst of Glacial Wrath
25 Tactician
27 Arcane Insight
28 Epic Spell Power: Positive
30 Epic Spell Focus: Evocation
30 Scion of Celestia
31 Spell Specialty: Enchantment

Skills:
Balance(18), Bluff(23), Concentration(23), Diplomacy(23), Heal(11), Intimidate(11), Jump(23), Perform(23), Spot(11), Tumble(1), UMD(23)

Bluff: 124 (ditched my +19 aug)
Diplomacy: 151
Intimidate: 132
Perform: 153

Spellpower: /chance /multiplier
Positive: 649 /54 /40
Sonic: 657 /49 /15

Gear Set:
Weapons:
Dinosaur Bone Shortsword / Leg Alchemical Shortsword (Devotion Charisma Resistance)
Armor: Leg Blessed Vestments
Goggles: Attunements Gaze (+3con)
Helm: Leg Unbreakable Stormreach Guardians Helm (with reaper stats)
Neck: Leg Winter Court Necklace
Trinket: Icon of the Bitterwind
Cloak: Leg Hallowed Trail
Belt: Leg Black Satin Waist (+3con)
Ring: Leg Nocturne Ring
Gloves: Gloryborne Gloves (+3con)
Boots: Leg Deepsnow Boots
Ring: Perfected Salt-Pearl Ring or Perfected Salt-Pearl Ring
Bracers: Leg Hallowed Castigators
Quiver: Quiver of Alacrity

(Augment sets)

Starting Stats and the first few levels
18 Charisma 18 Constitution 12 Intelligence. First few AP goes into Spellsinger tree for soundblast SLA. At lvl3 you get songs and should work towards single target Freeze from Warchanter. Once aquired, head back into Spelllsinger tree to improve your songs. Try to take the Warchanter cores as they become available, and take medium armor profficiency at lvl15 for Blessed Vestments. Generally, you want to take the next cure spell as you level up, and for skills, keep Perform and the social skills maxed. The build focuses on Evocation with Enchantment a 2nd option. That is because you can lower mob saves with Hypnotism and Crushing Despair. It requires a +1 Heart to remove the fighter level and you start as lvl15, but it pays off to visit lower level quests for favor rewards. Mainly hitpoints but also all the skills I take pretty much.

Thx for reading!

P.S: Could this work without the Paslives?
Eventhough, I am nealy maxed out with pastlives, I still think this can work even as a firstlifer! You have to choose between Spellsinger Capstone or Warchanter T5s. If we say, we go, for max buffs again, Id take the For Cormyr (19pts), WC T5 6% dmg (33pts) and that leaves 28 points for good Spellsinger Song buffs. Or you could focus on the healing with Spellsinger Capstone: For Cormyr(19), SS Cap(41) and that leaves 20 for some Warchanter stuff. It takes 21pts to get the temp HP aura, so if you only have the base 80 try to get a hold of a +1 racial tome somehow. Your DCs will be lower and youll lack a lot of Spell Penetration from PLs. Your For Cormyr wont be as strong due to lack of charisma, but It'll be worthwhile still and you also will have lower HP, but the builds foundation is still intact, and you could see if it is something for you... Support isnt for everyone, but I think its fun to make your teammates stronger, keep mobs CCed and Helpless to maximize party dmg, while keeping people healed and generally ensure smooth runs! Remember to get a hold of Rose Colored goggles next time there is Birthday event! Id love to hear from you if you try the build or have any questions!
Link to build on old forums

Last edited:

Bjond

WC T5 6% dmg (33pts) and that leaves 28 points for

Interesting build. Back when you were on Cannith with Mesmerita, it was always great having your bard along on raids. Grats on the completionist! :)

On WC T5: I usually prefer running spellsong vigor, but as we move away from marathon raids, the 6% is looking more interesting. It's usually MUCH better for blaster builds. It's poorly worded for physical. It does not increase melee+ranged damage by 6%; it just increases the damage bonus by 6% (no effect on sneaks, procs, imbues, etc). You can see the effect on your char sheet. But, it's still an increase and if you're not in danger of running out of SP (eg. solo tank on KT), it beats SS Vigor.

Not really a fan of SS Capstone either. The Heal spell is too slow to cast and well beyond overkill in magnitude. Kinda nice to power through the self-heal penalty in higher skulls, but rarely worth casting on others.

I hope any new players reading your post aren't turned off by the completionist part of the build. Bards like this can absolutely make an amazing contribution in a high skull quest group as a brand new 1st lifer with a little judicious AP trimming.

BTW, curious if you considered trying to find a way to wedge TIME-STOP into the build? It's the most amazing raid-buff ever for DPS-push raids. I've been trying to find a nice way to include it in builds, but Magus just has so much dead AP other than that. ; ;

Silverhilt

BTW, curious if you considered trying to find a way to wedge TIME-STOP into the build? It's the most amazing raid-buff ever for DPS-push raids. I've been trying to find a nice way to include it in builds, but Magus just has so much dead AP other than that. ; ;
I make due with Turn of the Tide because I find that ED better suits my build. Thanks for you comment!

Silverhilt

I had a breakdown in the old thread, maybe I can link it later when it is out of maintainance... Since then I upgraded my +12 aug to a +14 so it is 2 higher now!

Silverhilt

The old forum is still accessible, but you have to manually change the URLs from forums.ddo.com to forums-old.ddo.com. Also the display is buggered, at least on my browsers. But it's still there!
Thanks unbongwah! Managed to find my calc:

Charisma:
18 Starting
08 Tome
07 Lvl up
12 Augment
06 Insightful
03 Quality
09 Enhancement
13 Sentience
03 Racial lives
03 Flamecleansed
02 Ship
02 Completionist
02 Racial Completionist
02 Litany
02 Festive
02 Reaper Helm
02 Alch off-hander
01 Exeptional
01 Reaper core
02 Fatesinger
02 Primal Avatar
102 Unbuffed Charisma
04 Reaper
02 Song
02 Everlasting
02 Yugo
03 Cha Boost
115 in screenshot - In addition to this I had:
01 Lvl 32
01 Exeptional Dino (+2)
01 Alchemical potion (+3)
04 Abishai Destroyer buff

122 in screenshot

Constitution:
18 Starting
08 Tome
13 Item
06 Insightful
03 Quality
01 Enhancement
01 Sentience
02 Racial lives
03 Wild Fortitude augments
02 Ship
02 Completionist
02 Racial Completionist
02 Litany
02 Festive
02 Reaper Helm
01 Exeptional
01 Reaper core
01 Fatesinger
70 Unbuffed Constitution
04 Reaper
02 Song
02 Everlasting
02 Yugo
80 in screenshot

Last edited:

Bjond

I make due with Turn of the Tide because I find that ED better suits my build. Thanks for you comment!

Yeah. Every build I try to wedge Time-Stop into ends up making that exact same choice; Magus just has too much dead AP enroute to TS.

NomadDog

DDO Hawaiian Style!
Replace Toughness options with Shield Mastery as the styles now grant more HP than toughness?
Okay, please forgive my ignorance, but why take Shield mastery over Toughness? Shield mastery now gives HP on top of bonuses when wielding a shield?

Silverhilt

Okay, please forgive my ignorance, but why take Shield mastery over Toughness? Shield mastery now gives HP on top of bonuses when wielding a shield?
Yes, kind of. It is a "combat feat" that gets a 25%, HP from class levels, increase from Heroic Durability. It works even without a shield, but if using a shield you get the benefits of Shield Mastery. I dont personally use it, I only recommend if you cannot take PL: Wizard. (At least that is how I think it works :))

Silverhilt

Added a new pic of my main Artifact as I upgraded it with reaper DC! This was some time ago, but didn't edit until now. Also updated skills with new U60 favor rewards.

Silverhilt

I trimmed some points in Fatesinger and Divine Crusader to fit in Ever Green from Primal Avatar for the temp spell points. But I think it suppresses my Runic Revitalization augment. I emptied half my sp bar on ship and got Cocoon and Ever Green to proc several times, but not once did Runic go off 8(

Silverhilt

Did some updates to OP, tree pics and header. I thought about updating gear, but with the level increase I might wait and see. And I could curse the gear I already have :) Also included a guild raid video...

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Have you thought aboth the Machrotechnic ED tree as an option for Epic Mage Armor + T5 MT for extra AC/Attack Speed/Saves/Imbue Dice???

Can it be done with your build?

Silverhilt

Have you thought aboth the Machrotechnic ED tree as an option for Epic Mage Armor + T5 MT for extra AC/Attack Speed/Saves/Imbue Dice???

Can it be done with your build?
I dont think it will work for me... My EDs are tailored to my playstyle, with Evergreen and stunning Consecrations and full Fatesinger tree for T5 goodies. I would not give any of those up I think, but thanks for suggestion!