Question about Dragon Lord trance charges?

Drachmor

Hey all, just wondering for anyone who has leveled Dragon Lord:

How annoying is the "charge" system, vs spell points / something else? Do you ever run out of charges? Do they regenerate automatically, or only on a dragon roar?

Thank you!

glass_jaws

It's not overly annoying. You get 5 charges so at 3/3 on the enhancement thats 10 minutes of use. Dragon Roar is the only way to recharge it, and it's not a very high percentage chance as far as I can tell.

Usually I can keep it up enough to do a dungeon without needing to shrine to get it back. It does get frustrating to keep up if you are with flower sniffers, etc. Nothing wrong with that playstyle, but it does really mess up your trance charges if you aren't moving fast enough in the dungeon.

axel15810

You generally will have enough without shrining assuming you are using dragon's roar a a lot. But even still I do run out on occasion if I'm not micromanaging it at all and using charges while my previous charge still has time yet. I can't just spam it liberally with no thought like I can with falconry trance.

Drachmor

You generally will have enough without shrining assuming you are using dragon's roar a a lot. But even still I do run out on occasion if I'm not micromanaging it at all and using charges while my previous charge still has time yet. I can't just spam it liberally with no thought like I can with falconry trance.
Gotcha. Thanks both for the response, seems I'll actually have to keep a closer eye on the duration on the 2-minute timer than I needed to with other trances on a 30-second haha. Oh well.

seph1roth5

Uhhh most/all other trances are 2 min too. Make sure you're putting all the pts in a trance and re-quick keying it after.

Drachmor

Uhhh most/all other trances are 2 min too. Make sure you're putting all the pts in a trance and re-quick keying it after.
Yup, I know that; I think you may have missed my point lol :p I was just saying... "keeping track of charges is going to require more mental energy, even on a 2-minute buff, than when I could just mindlessly spam a 30-second trance whenever I was about to enter combat." Basically just a comment on action point investment.

But that is a useful tip that I hope more people know about - that they need to drag the new, updated versions of an active enhancement from their enhancement tab! Devs should really take a look at that...