Question on Fey Pact Warlock DCs

Frantik

Hi,

J1NG explained something to me earlier (thanks again), and I got thinking (it hurts!).

Would a Blue Dragonborn Warlock (taking the +2 MCL) make the sonic damage from Fey Pact Elditch blasts stronger? That is more difficult to save against (raising DC by 2)?

Thanks!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
MCL has no effect on warlock blasts/pacts. The dice are based off warlock levels (or feats in the case AotS), 2 epic feats, and AP spent in certain heroic trees. The saves are evocation saves.

xzgXraV.jpeg

I don't have a feylock at the moment, but it's all basically the same thing with the save type changing around.

Frantik

MCL has no effect on warlock blasts/pacts. The dice are based off warlock levels (or feats in the case AotS), 2 epic feats, and AP spent in certain heroic trees. The saves are evocation saves.

xzgXraV.jpeg

I don't have a feylock at the moment, but it's all basically the same thing with the save type changing around.
So the real advantage for choosing Dragonborn for a Fey Pact Warlock would be (i) CHA advantage and (ii) the tier 4 Evocation [EDIT + conjuration] DCs? Still good. Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:

LurkingVeteran

+3 Evo DC is definitely good. Evasion makes people sad. Another way to deal with reflex saves in evasion content is finding some way to more easily land helpless on mobs, by boosting e.g. Mass Hold or Colorspray DCs.