Question Regarding Grand Master of Flowers Mantle

Ellisaria

"Mantle Description: Serenity: Grandmaster of Flowers Destiny Mantle: You may now fight with the Unarmed combat style as if you were a Monk, and may be Centered and use Ki. When you attack with Handwraps or begin falling, you will use the Monk class' animations instead of your own. You gain a +15% Action Boost bonus to movement speed, and no longer take damage from falling. Finally, you are unbothered by the physical restraints of the world: you may tumble through enemies, and are immune to slippery surfaces and most forms of knockdown. You also gain 10 Ki for training this enhancement."

Question 1) Do I have to be centered to get the benefit of "no fall damage, tumble through enemies, and immunity to slippery surfaces/knock down?" I seem to get the movement boost without being centered, but when I jumped off the Sharn Clifftop down to the mail box, I took fall damage.

Question 2) Why does this mantle not display on the buff bar at the top of the screen when every other mantle does? It does not appear on my centered monk, nor my uncentered Renegade Artificer.